New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  14:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The existing members of Tredegar Town Council will remain in place, unopposed in all wards for another four years.

grhysmorgan

45 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  15:04:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did no-one else stand ? Apathy?
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  15:29:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was the same in the 2008 election.

Go to Top of Page

grhysmorgan

45 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  15:47:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so if no-one else stands, it just becomes a merry-go-round of the same councillors year after year taking turns on who gets to be mayor - and everybodys happy? bit of a closed shop isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

XXXmiltonXXX

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  11:51:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you suggest then grhysmorgan?
you may forget that Tredegar town councillors give up their time and volunteer to help and support tredegar. if there are good, kind people willing to do that, y would you not be happy?
everyone and anyone is welcome to stand but if they dont want to then so be it but please dont know the people who do go out of their way, giving their free time and effort to make Tredegar a better place

XXXmiltonXXX
Go to Top of Page

tommysmith04

147 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  14:27:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a lack of enthusiasm about the town council because it is unpaid work "voluntary"
I stood for the town council and got on, there was no election because the seats were uncontested. grhysmorgan it would apear to be a merry go round to the people who cant be bothered to take interest.
There are two new town councilors this year that i no of. Check the blaenau gwent website election 2012.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13018 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  21:06:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tommysmith04

There is a lack of enthusiasm about the town council because it is unpaid work "voluntary"
I stood for the town council and got on, there was no election because the seats were uncontested. grhysmorgan it would apear to be a merry go round to the people who cant be bothered to take interest.
There are two new town councilors this year that i no of. Check the blaenau gwent website election 2012.

Good luck Tommy, please keep us informed how you get on.

Pierre

Go to Top of Page

XXXmiltonXXX

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  10:14:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Tommy xxx

XXXmiltonXXX
Go to Top of Page

tommysmith04

147 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  10:51:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both.
Go to Top of Page

XXXmiltonXXX

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  21:06:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is ur first meeting tommy?
are you a Sirhowy representative?

XXXmiltonXXX
Go to Top of Page

toniedcooking

53 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  11:59:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder if milton will be going to the first meeting. Regards, TG

tg
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3776 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  14:14:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More than likley these kind of people have NO shame.

The

G.O.M.

Go to Top of Page

nairod

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  23:21:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Tommy - Regards Dorian & Sue

See you soon

Go to Top of Page

tommysmith04

147 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  12:50:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dorian for the support say hello to susan for me. I hope to see you both soon. Keep in touch!
Go to Top of Page

fredd

6190 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  18:02:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toniedcooking

Wonder if milton will be going to the first meeting. Regards, TG

tg

......... Good question TG .. .. . .. .. !!
Go to Top of Page

philg
Advanced Member

258 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  19:29:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may well be a question of whether Milton will be taking the minutes or in the chair. lol
Go to Top of Page

Penfold

Australia
118 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  19:01:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been off the site for quite some time with work commitments but that's all this Milton stuff I've just read? Sounds crazy! Has it been raised with the council?
Go to Top of Page

Bert

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2014 :  19:20:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would like to ask - of the Currant town councillors how many WERE actually elected ???

B Phillips
Go to Top of Page

dutchjohn

Netherlands
1326 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2015 :  17:29:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bert

i would like to ask - of the Currant town councillors how many WERE actually elected ???

B Phillips

eehhh"" |NONE of them
Go to Top of Page

dutchjohn

Netherlands
1326 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2015 :  11:42:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dutchjohn

quote:
Originally posted by Bert

B Phillips

eehhh"" |NONE of them

I wonder how that works , the so called system of councill meetings and decision taking of the so called educated few , so far I don,t see much progress in the town only the downhill progress , and that is speeding up, every year it get,s just that little bit faster , improvments in the upkeep of the town as a whole is very small and insignificant
if its all volunteer work and theres no progress being made then my suggestion is jump ship while you can , why go down with a doomed vessel
still if there are dedicated people still fighting the good fight , hang in there Ebbw Vale isnt the answer to all B/G is
dutchjohn
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.