Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Genealogy
 After a birth, marriage or death certificate ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pierre Posted - 31/05/2008 : 21:17:39

also general dates and info

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sueh2 Posted - 05/03/2014 : 23:32:43
Hi, I regularly purchase certificates from GRO. I'm in Australia. To be honest, its easy. You set up an account at GRO (which kindly will bring up your postal address on each order).
Costs 9.50 English pounds which on average translates to about $18Au. Pay by credit card or debit card or get a travel card and buy English pounds at the bank in Australia to put on it. Then use it as a credit card.
You get a payment advice emailed to you and the order confirmation listing your order details sent separately.
It all goes through easy and appears in my account at the bank at the same time.
Takes about 10-14 days for the certificate to arrive in Aus.
If there is a problem and the certificate required cannot be found then you get emailed advice and an immediate refund direct to your bank.
Just make sure to check the details requested before submitting your order because once lodged you cannot change them.
Hope that reassures you a little.

S. Howard
Janice Posted - 05/07/2013 : 23:41:42
I have been purchasing Certificates from the GRO for years now - in Canadian Dollars - via Credit Card. e.g. VISA or MasterCard. The online order form will lead you through the process.

And now for something different!! Does anyone have a Marriage date for Abednego Tippins and his wife Ann(e) around 1845? I have their children but no marriage! (Maybe they didn't bother!!) The spelling of his name is different each time I see it - don't think anyone knew how to spell it!

Janice
gjj43 Posted - 21/06/2009 : 11:55:53
Thanks Pierre, these ole eyes of mine aint what they used to be.
pierre Posted - 21/06/2009 : 11:19:49
Looks like you put in a typo with http://www.gro.gov.co.uk

should have been http://www.gro.gov.uk
gjj43 Posted - 21/06/2009 : 06:57:20
www.gro.gov.co.uk Just tried to acsses this website, no such site??????
rjl Posted - 14/05/2009 : 22:35:43
Hi, reading all this information. I'm stumped in the end because I have no idea how to send an Australian Dollar (which is,nt worth much right now) to purchase any documentation.

lorryM

When I worked at the General Register Office I set up bank accounts with an Australian, Canadian and USA bank so that applicants for certificates from those countries could send cheques in their local currency. I left GRO in 1991 so no idea if those arrangements still exist.
LorryM Posted - 02/12/2008 : 13:08:15
Hi, reading all this information. I'm stumped in the end because I have no idea how to send an Australian Dollar (which is,nt worth much right now) to purchase any documentation.

lorryM

L. Macintyre
llanover Posted - 11/11/2008 : 01:17:45
Don, have a look at www.rootschat.co.uk An excellent free site with lots of helpful people. There's a board especially for Wales and it's split up into counties.

Annette
valll Posted - 10/11/2008 : 00:41:19
The info you will find on a birth cert is:-

Place of birth and date of birth.
Childs name
male or female
name and surname of father
name and surname and maiden name of mother
father's profession
signature, description and residence of informant
when registered
Signature of registrar

Please see this link for all info on birth, marriage and death certs

http://home.clara.net/dixons/Certificates/births.htm

Val

donwy Posted - 09/11/2008 : 23:18:29
Hi...can you tell me what information would be on the birth certificate? I am searching Jenkins and Hughes (see other message in this forum...thank you
don hughes donwy@aol.com

don hughes
sarasota, florida USA
llanover Posted - 02/06/2008 : 01:49:25
Certificates can be ordered online from the GRO 7quid a pop. They're usually pretty prompt, but after shows like "Who Do You Think You Are", there could be a delay. If you intend to visit local registeries, check exactly what records they hold before you go. I know from experience that records from the Tredegar area are also held at Merthyr and Ystrad Fawr.

Annette

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.