Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Other Information
 Webmaster's Blog
 Webmaster Blog "still missing something?"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pierre Posted - 18/06/2007 : 13:56:19
Webmaster Blog - 18 June 2007
"still missing something?"

Whatever you think of the town of Tredegar, it’s true to say that the people make the town. Although in recent years our town has seen great improvements in both inwards investments through private and government schemes, its seam’s to me that we are still missing something.

The completion of the Tredegar By-pass over ten years ago, and the updating of the road’s in castle and commercial street to mention a few should have help us all feel like we are going somewhere is equalling the success of other towns in the area.

Merthyr Tydfil for example now has a multimillion pound retail park and new and modern technologies in the form of T-Mobile for example to give new jobs to people of the town.

Some of you have been watching the discussions in the Tredegar Forum over the current status of the town clock, which at time of writing, has been stopped at 3:00 for over 7 months. Is this news worthy? Does anybody care? Well the news item was reported on the BBC Wales news some time back, so it must be important enough if we are to listen to the BBC.

After months of debate, it appeared that the Tredegar Town Council was responsible for our clock, and indeed that they were in the process of completing work to get the funding required (amounts close to £100,000 were mentioned). This information was not published in such a manner so that the average “person” in Tredegar knew what was going on. Without such information how fo people know what is going on.

So back to the main question of this blog entry “are we still missing something”. The back answer is this question is YES!. With all the good work that is being done around the town by individuals and Council, we never seem to here about it. It’s my own option that our own town Council should have taken the repair work required to get our clock back as a golden opportunity to show us all what we are capable of doing as a town. We had the world looking directly at us via BBC, and we did not do enough then, and with the lack of updates they are not doing enough now. The thing we are missing is information. Great companies have failed because of lack of information. What can we learn from this ?

Anyway. Comments are welcome as always. Sorry for the technical issue with the forum a few weeks back that caused the lost of almost 200 posts from the forum. We thank you for your continuing support of the website and forum over the last 16 years.

If you think you could contribute to the running of the site, please e-mail me on the normal address of webmaster@tredegar.co.uk

Pierre
Webmaster
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pierre Posted - 12/08/2010 : 21:54:55
Hi Tom,

You can also wend them to webmaster@tredegar.co.uk

Thanks again,

Pierre

pierre Posted - 08/08/2010 : 20:53:19
Hi Tom,

I will e-mail you. Thanks for the message,

Pierre

40553 Posted - 05/08/2010 : 20:54:19
Pierre, I have a number of Tredegar pics, mainly grammar school. How can I best send them to you. (I have scanner etc).
Cheers, Tom Begley Jones
aussiewelshman Posted - 18/06/2007 : 22:01:40
I gotta say, I'm sure council views this site. I'd bet my love spuds on it. On my initial email to Tredegar Town Council, I received a polite, although vague reply about the Town Clock. Having emailed them since, for more info, I have received nothing.
For what it's worth, I for one have to agree with all you've said. Information is the key for a harmonious relationship between government and the people. Without it, citizens are more or less kept in the dark (or is that what council want?), which leads to rumours and doubt. It is the people that employ the councillors, via their vote. Not only does council have a responsibility to the people, but an obligation to keep all informed.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.