Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion and MAD HOUSE
 Covid vaccination

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ike Posted - 17/01/2021 : 17:16:35
covid vaccinations carried out at old RTB offices Ebbw Vale. My wife and me done last Thursday. Very well organised. Support given by RAF personel .In and out in 30 minutes.

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cae Posted - 12/04/2021 : 19:51:49
ah thanks for reply
ddraig Posted - 12/04/2021 : 13:23:45
It seems hit and miss to me, I know people with health issues that have been sent to Newport and younger people no health issues sent to Bedwellty house and surgery, I think your name gets pulled out of a hat
Cae Posted - 12/04/2021 : 11:44:48
have the different categories got something to do with it? It seems like the ones we know that are in age groups have been sent to vaccination destinations while those offered jab due to health reasons were offered the GP surgery? I know that happened in my case (health issue) - they wanted me to go to the surgery (if I'd been having it.) But wonder if the reason you are offered jab affects the location you attend? It does seem batty when people in their 90s have to travel a distance for theirs?
milkman Posted - 11/04/2021 : 15:18:40
Same here Ike, Mine was at Nevill Hall but staffed by forces and a medic from Usk prison. (My son also vaccinates at Bath Racecourse).
There is a spot of admin but we were through in about 20 mins (then waited 15 since we were driving).
The UK has done a super job of this roll-out.
I do have a concern that the media talks about blood clots- it does mention that the pill and other medication gives greater chance of blood clots but in small print and hidden away.
Clearly some people and possibly younger ones think this is really dangerous; in fact it is less dangerous than driving and certainly than walking in traffic. Thats my rant finished
ike Posted - 10/04/2021 : 20:12:11
Had mine 2nd Oxford jab to day bag on time as arranged. Long queue this time but, in and out in 25mins. delightful nurse and every one very pleasant and accommodating. Met a few friends as well. Excellent organisation worked like clockwork.

ike Posted - 02/04/2021 : 17:19:58
I have received my letter for 2nd oxford vaccine jab for the 10th April 2 days of the date on my card at first visit and it is at RTB General offices Ebbw Vale. I know there as been a lot off criticism of NHS in Wales but, in my opinion They have done a tremendous job when you consider the enormity of task of organising the millions involved, of course, you get individual cases that get missed but, you also get individuals that don't turn up for the jab as in the case this week in Swansea area 495 did not attend as arranged. I have a few friends younger than my self have had 2 jabs before me. They had the Pfizer vaccine. I have no complaint about that, because the Pfizer vaccine needs, are more complicated regarding temperature control and require centres to been setup which takes time.
It's Good Friday today ; 1 million days ago Christ wasn't born . Makes you think - what a 1 million is in relative terms.
It's Easter Time. Lets all try to be happy and grateful for what we have

Angel Posted - 02/04/2021 : 13:56:22
I know a neighbour of mine is having his second vaccination within 12 weeks .His appointment came in the post .
ddraig Posted - 02/04/2021 : 12:02:57
I thought that 12 weeks was the maximum time you could go for your second vaccine, I've searched for information about getting the second dose later than this and all I can find is that there is a wriggle room of around 7 days, I can't find anything about your immunity from covid if it's later than this, anyone know?
Flossy13 Posted - 01/04/2021 : 22:11:54
And now to make matters worse 2 nd vacs appts are arriving after the final 12 week date. Why are younger people being vaccinated while over 80s are having the second vaccine late
ddraig Posted - 01/04/2021 : 11:47:32
Apparently, in England, you book an appointment which means you can at least go at a time and maybe place that suits you, the system in Wales is that you are sent an appointment sometimes after the date of your appointment(I've heard of very few people that have been phoned and those are to go to a surgery) and if you can't make it you have to phone a number that is nearly impossible to get answered, I know of people that live in Deri and had to go to Markham for their vaccination, people in Markham that have had to go to Newbridge or Newport and a relative in New Tredegar who has mobility issues being sent to Newport, I wonder what Knothead thought this system up?? I had mine in Ebbw Vale and I have to say the people there were excellent, very friendly, no waiting and run with precision
butch Posted - 31/03/2021 : 23:03:02
Angel, its a mystery to me. There must be someone, somewhere, with a very long list of names and vaccine center's and then have lots of fun sticking a pin at random into the list. and a presto, you go here, and you go there.
Angel Posted - 31/03/2021 : 21:56:37
butch if you or anyone else works it out please will you let me know.A good friend of mine lives in Crumlin if she was stood on her doorstep she could see her surgery gate ,yet she had to go to Ebbw Vale she is also housebound so it meant someone had to take her and borrow a wheelchair.???
butch Posted - 31/03/2021 : 20:48:25
I cannot understand how the system works, it seems ridiculous that my neighbours, and my wife are in the same surgery, yet, my wife and I had our jabs in E.Vale, my next door neighbour, went to New bridge, my neighbours, just a few doors up, had to go to Newport.others have gone to the local surgeries, I cannot fathom out how they worked that out.
pierre Posted - 31/03/2021 : 15:07:44
It does seem to be a bit of a lottery when you get called depending on what Surgery you are in?

Cae Posted - 30/03/2021 : 19:58:50
so - with regards to M.E. and the Covid jab, it's a continuation of what I posted previously - majority are ok aside from the expected side-effects - but there are a significant amount of people in that group who are having a very tough time post jab. As it's a private group I can't copy any posts but side effects vary from bad flare-ups of M.E. - to more serious symptoms that have been reported on the Yellow Card scheme, some are still very unwell 6 or 7 weeks after having the jab. Many as I said are ok - but it seems random who will be badly affected - they can't find a common factor that would point out who is more likely to have problems. So if you are someone with M.E. (or know of someone) intending to have jab, it may be sensible to have someone arranged who can step in to help you should the need arise, with things like cooking, laundry or personal care. That way if you are one of those who experiences problems post jab you'll have help already arranged. Good Luck with whatever you decide
Cae Posted - 12/03/2021 : 20:49:24
so another update on the M.E. front - well folk with M.E. have begun having their jabs - so we do have some info on what's happening so far. A lot of people either just have a sore arm or the short-term side effects they've mentioned people may have. Unfortunately - there are already some people with M.E. who are still having problems a month later - not just their M.E. symptoms badly flaring up -but things like nausea and dizziness too. I don't know if you saw a whistleblower report recently where a staff member said some of his care home residents could no longer stand after having the jab - well one lady on the M.E. Covid jab group has experienced the same thing. I am not trying to worry anyone as most are ok after a few days - but we are seeing a number of people who are having huge problems over 4 weeks post jab. So it's important to do your research if you have M.E. and trying to decide what to do- some of us are saying no to it- it has to be an individual decision.
Cae Posted - 15/02/2021 : 19:37:21
so an update on the vaccine for people who have ME - one Welsh Health Board (name wasn't given) has said that people with ME should be in group 6 for the vaccine ie "All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality" - and that they would begin sending letters out to invite ME patients for vaccine from this week subject to supplies. We don't know if all Welsh Health boards will be doing this but just a heads up should you receive a letter and are not sure why.
pierre Posted - 14/02/2021 : 17:24:38
In years to come,the grandkids will ask:

"Did you have the Tredegar or Ebbw Vaccine?" :-)

badger Posted - 13/02/2021 : 20:19:02
Thank you Snowy. Yes your right snow or ice could be a problem . Hope we can get the jab tomorrow and it doesn't get cancelled.
pierre Posted - 13/02/2021 : 18:10:34
Had mine a bit back (Oxford) at the bottom Surgery in shop row. Very organised, a pleasure to watch...

Snowy Posted - 13/02/2021 : 17:16:47
quote:
Originally posted by badger

We are taking my mum to the General Offices tomorrow for her Covid Jab and she is a wheelchair user . Can anyone advise what the wheelchair access is like there.

You won't have any problem with wheelchair access, you park opposite, cross the road then there's a ramp to enter the building. I would think that your only problem tomorrow will be the snow.
badger Posted - 13/02/2021 : 16:11:13
We are taking my mum to the General Offices tomorrow for her Covid Jab and she is a wheelchair user . Can anyone advise what the wheelchair access is like there.
Titch Posted - 11/02/2021 : 03:14:57
I had my Oxford on Friday at 9.40am at a nearby Church. The rain was coming down like stair rods, my wife dropped me at the entrance and left to get parked. It took me 3 minutes to get in, take my coat off, get the jab and I was on my way out without even sitting down, (there were no seats there anyway). There were plenty of parking spaces near the entrance but she didnít even have time to park the car! Super organised, very friendly staff. The only after effect was a bit of a headache on Saturday, which was probably brought on in anticipation of the hammering I thought we were going to get by the Irish on Sunday :) which I think would have probably have happened if they hadnít gone down to 14 men. Unfortunately I think Scotland will be too good for us on Saturday. (Oh ye of little faith).
Angel Posted - 08/02/2021 : 15:08:16
Sorry snowy my phone is always red hot I will try and remember to call u a bit later in case you are having a snooze
Snowy Posted - 08/02/2021 : 12:57:05
quote:
Originally posted by Snowy

quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Thanks ShelleyW Iím ok love not going out much got a very good friend who does some shopping and a lovely neighbour who as been so good, both so thoughtful.How are you and Brian hope you are both staying safe?
Remember me to him

Angel I've rang you 3 times over the last weeks to see how you are but your phones engaged every time.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.