Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 General Discussion and MAD HOUSE
 Covid vaccination

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ike Posted - 17/01/2021 : 17:16:35
covid vaccinations carried out at old RTB offices Ebbw Vale. My wife and me done last Thursday. Very well organised. Support given by RAF personel .In and out in 30 minutes.

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SeaWolf86 Posted - 05/05/2021 : 21:29:31
Just to verify. Acording to your vocabulary I'm ELIGABLE person for the vaccine. No helth conditions, no risk of adverse reactions, etc. So you recon I'm selfish for refusing it? If yes, your reasoning lack common sense. I should get the jib-jab, to protect others, even the death rate in my age group is ZERO? Do you undrstand what you asking? This is pure evil. The last person who expected people to get medicated for reasons other than their healt was Adolf Hitler.
butch Posted - 05/05/2021 : 18:08:32
Ddraig you bother to read posts correctly, that's exactly what I meant. I am not so stupid as to expect people with certain needs and disabilities to have the jab. But, it seems that however safe it is, some people will find fault.
ddraig Posted - 05/05/2021 : 12:22:26
djholly, butch didn't say it was irresponsible for people to refuse a jab he said ELIGIBLE PEOPLE I took that to mean people with no health issues. No one is dictating, if you have health issues and don't want the vaccine then fine, I understand, as this vaccine is rolled out there is a relaxing of the rules and hopefully, we won't have to wear masks and social distance forever, yes I was aware of side effects there are numerous articles about this and it was touched on briefly at the vaccine centre.
What irritates me with ELIGIBLE people not getting vaccinated is that they don't seem to have any consideration for other people, in fact, they seem to have a total disregard for the people who have had the vaccine. we also need to be mindful of the many people who have debilitating illnesses from actually getting covid, which could impact people with health issues badly if they were to catch it. I get your warning Cae, but if someone doesn't want to share why they don't want the vaccine why on earth would you post on here? Not having the vaccine for political reasons? I've heard it all now
djholly Posted - 05/05/2021 : 08:50:09
so butch believes it's selfish and irresponsible for people to refuse the jab?. and i can only assume that most of this forum will share his views, (the usual circle of elders) that people should just take the vaccine. first off, NO-ONE has any right to dictate to another what they should or should not do regarding that person's health. let alone a jab that has had so many adverse reactions and many many deaths, a vax that according to the own manufacturers is still in the trial phase until 2023. but let's overlook that, a vax that is so safe that the manufacturers have been given immunity from prosecution. but let's overlook that also. a vax that is so efficient that even having two doses those people MUST still wear the mask, MUST social distance and MUST still follow the guidelines as set out by herr drakeford. so if masks work so well why the need for a vax? and if the vax works then why the need for masks after you get the jab?. by the way after the jab you can still catch covid and you can also spread it according to the governments own information. now if anyone and i mean anyone decides to get the jab that is their own choice, alternatively if someone decides for whatever reason not to then, again that is their choice. as for children under 18 getting the vax, that is absolutely ridiculous. i did ask earlier if any of the forum members who had the jab were informed by the nurse the risks, possible effects and benefits before having the vax?. there is a thing called informed consent that seems to be overlooked. but who needs informed consent when you have the entire media in this country showing doom and doom 24 hours every day.
SeaWolf86 Posted - 04/05/2021 : 23:37:06
If somebody has poor immune system and the sickness death rate in his group is higher than post vaccine complication death rate, then it would be reasonable to get vaccinated. Otherwise if you healthy and strong and the death rate in your age group is close to none, then it would be unwise to get a vaccine that is still in clinical trials with unknow long term health side effects. Selfish is to expect everyone to get vaccinated with a product that is potentially harmful.

I personally will not get vaccinated for covid for many reasons. Political - I simply do not trust the system and politicians with their constant lies. Health - I will not get in to my body a product that is still in trial and even the manufacturers refusing any liability for side effects. Not to mention no insurance company will insure you for loosing health due to post covid vaccine complications (I called several companies personally). And common sense will be the last one. Nothing makes sense in this pandemic. Starting from social distancing, through masks, lockdowns, fake death rates, media and celebrities covid vaccine fanaticism. Unreliable tests. On official manufacturers label states "not advised for children under 16 yo", but UK government begins trials on kids. And many many more...
Cae Posted - 04/05/2021 : 19:52:10
Just a caveat. There could be many reasons why someone refuses a jab - not just because they have M.E. - for instance they reacted severely to the flu jab ( group has example of GP advising them not to have Covid jab because of that) and another failed to make antibodies after a previous vaccination- and so on- I wouldn't question why someone refuses the jab as we don't know the exact reason - it may not be because of an actual illness. A person could be healthy yet still have a reason not to take vaccine. Many of us don't know each other personally and it could well be a forum member or someone in the community does have genuine reasons to avoid jab but doesn't want to share that with complete strangers- sometimes things aren't as they seem. I'm open about my illness because of the horrendous situation some people have found themselves in after having the vaccine. There's lots we don't know about each other on here or elsewhere and we need to bear that in mind.
Fluffer Posted - 04/05/2021 : 18:21:40
Well said Butch I totally agree with you.
butch Posted - 04/05/2021 : 17:08:13
God help us if we all refused the vaccine, especially with no very good reason. I understand your reluctance Car, but not fit healthy people, don't they think they have a responsibility to their families and to the N.H.S. workers that have sacrificed their safety, and some their lives to save others. Sorry, but I think it's selfish, and irresponsible of eligible people to refuse the vaccine.
Cae Posted - 04/05/2021 : 10:33:19
Seawolf I hope you shredded your letter first?!
SeaWolf86 Posted - 02/05/2021 : 16:59:02
I got the invitation in writing. It went to recycle bin. That was my experience :D.
Cae Posted - 02/05/2021 : 10:21:18
that's very interesting djholly - I declined my jab too - I was contacted by the surgery themselves and expected someone to ring me at some point about declining but so far they haven't- maybe they know what's happening with other ME patients- not sure - when I told staff member I was declining she was fine about it- would be interesting to know what others who have declined have experienced?
djholly Posted - 30/04/2021 : 11:30:40
glad to hear the forum members have had good experiences from the jab, having had my invite to ebbw vale for the jab i rang and declined the offer. i was later called from newport and asked 'why did i decline?', after explaining my pre-existing conditions i was not willing to take any risks. those on the forum who have had it were you told by a doctor or nurse the risks, side-effects and benefits before getting the jab?.
cupcake Posted - 30/04/2021 : 03:42:35
Thank you milkman ,its been a rough week for me but i'm slowly getting there ,love to you and your family x

milkman Posted - 29/04/2021 : 19:16:12
My wife and I were extremely lucky. We have both been without any side effects. Actually my wife did have a slightly sore arm for the next half day but that would be normal for any jab.
We did consider ( briefly) the blood clot issue but the odds were so low it seemed negligible.
So sorry about those of you who have had an issue (Yes, I did note about you cupcake- sorry about that)
djholly Posted - 29/04/2021 : 13:50:04
if anyone is interested there is a european wide version of the nhs yellow card scheme, it can be found here http://www.adrreports.eu/en/index.html (although down for maintenance when i checked). but there is a site that has a list of all the vax on one page here https://healthimpactnews.com/2021/7766-dead-330218-injuries-european-database-of-adverse-drug-reactions-for-covid-19-vaccines/ . i am only posting details to these sites as no media in this country will show any of these figures.
ddraig Posted - 29/04/2021 : 12:18:40
I have an appointment for my second vaccine soon, the lady that did my first vaccination did mention the yellow card scheme and it's printed on your vaccination card along with contact details, only had a few shivers with the first and not even a sore arm.
Angel Posted - 29/04/2021 : 11:20:09
Iv had both of my vacs and after the first one had a nasty headache I took two paracetamol went to bed and when I woke in the morning I was fine .Iv just had my second one and thankfully everything so far is good not even a sore arm .
djholly Posted - 29/04/2021 : 11:00:46
funny how the bbc and all other media for that matter never mention these 'reactions'. in fact the bbc quite strategically wrote an article that 'sore arm and headaches' most common reaction, although probably true they omitted that 690,000 such side-effects or reactions has been given to the NHS government yellow card scheme (sure there have been many more but people did not associate the condition with the jab). also off the same yellow card scheme there has been 960 deaths.
Cae Posted - 29/04/2021 : 09:55:15
well on that ME group there are many people who have experienced horrendous side effects lasting weeks - one lad is now only able to walk the few steps from his bedroom to the bathroom - and that's it- and is several weeks post jab. 2 of the members' consultants have received lots of letters from GPs warning some of their ME patients have relapsed severely after having the jab. I think the last estimate was 1 in 4 people on the group that had jab have experienced bad side effects. Some won't be having the second one- others despite suffering several weeks are determined to go ahead with it. Several have gone to A and E - and those who saw a GP were told there's nothing they could do about the side effects. Some have reported their side effects to Yellow Card scheme - if you can navigate to the section on there regarding Covid jab there are dozens of pages with reported issues. So ironic in the case of ME many of those made ill by the jab would have limited chance of actually contracting the virus due to their restricted lifestyle that is normal everyday situation for them- yet ended up ill for weeks because of the jab- I can't repost some of the distressing entries on the group as it's private- but some are now in their 3rd month of experiencing very bad side effects/ severe relapse in ME.
djholly Posted - 29/04/2021 : 09:29:52
just out of curiosity, have anyone on this forum reported their side-effects minor or not?. have any of you been made aware of the yellow card system?.
cupcake Posted - 29/04/2021 : 04:33:51
Thank you butch ,you take care ,cupcake x

butch Posted - 28/04/2021 : 23:27:07
Hi Cupcake, sorry your not well after your jab, but I'm sure will feel safer for having the vaccine. I've had my two jabs, I felt very tired , and had a fuzzy head for a few days after my first jab, but have been fine since having had my second jab two weeks ago. I hope you are feeling better soon.
cupcake Posted - 28/04/2021 : 22:10:24
I was ill after my vaccination and i was dreading the second one on Monday and i 've felt even worse this time ,has anyone else felt ill ?

Cae Posted - 12/04/2021 : 19:51:49
ah thanks for reply
ddraig Posted - 12/04/2021 : 13:23:45
It seems hit and miss to me, I know people with health issues that have been sent to Newport and younger people no health issues sent to Bedwellty house and surgery, I think your name gets pulled out of a hat

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.