Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Genealogy
 Evans in Sirhowy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blueseric Posted - 09/10/2019 : 19:05:00
Just wish to find out if I have any remaining family in Sirhowy.Family left in the 1930's to find out work in the Rugby-Coventry area and this was a large 'Evans' family.The children were Colin,Ralph,Brian,Melvin and Enid,Lorna,Millie and possibly more.Should anybody have any clues....I am the son of Wilfred Evans.....the youngest of this family,

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blueseric Posted - 25/08/2020 : 12:47:09
To All lovely Tredegar responders, O'd just like to Thank you All for your comments on this forum.I would still be grateful....if I were tp fond out that I still had distant cousins around the Sorhowy area and, incidently,my Grandfather 'Evans' was originaly from Newtown, as I recall.#9786;#128522;
Daivon R Posted - 15/08/2020 : 18:34:10
evansfam that makes your mother my grandfather Brindly Evans cousin one of our Evans family was the landlord of the royal grouse ln dukestown also been told theres some connection with trefil my wife also had evans connected to her family from trefil considering l only knew my fathers immediate family his brothers and thier child there seems to be a lot of relatives l don,nt know in tredegar and surrounding areas my uncle David Evans and his wife Betty had a shop opposite the castle Heads of the valleys stationary my cousin Kays run it now
milkman Posted - 15/08/2020 : 14:13:40
No keanjo. To the best of my knowledge he was a Tredegar boy.
I seem to recall he became a magistrate so there could be records of his background through that
keanjo Posted - 14/08/2020 : 11:40:21
,Milkman ,was Ernie Evans related to Glyn,Roland or Valerie Evans who were fellow students in School?
milkman Posted - 14/08/2020 : 10:34:55
Not really adding but I knew Ernie Evans except that he taught in Earl St school and later bevame head of Trefil school.He lived in Upper James St and he taught me.
Still Evans is not uncommon- Is it?
evansfam Posted - 13/08/2020 : 15:11:27
Apologies. Ernest was from Llanidloes branch.Can see him on the tree.
evansfam Posted - 13/08/2020 : 14:18:02
My mother was sister to Ernest Evans (headmaster),but going back generation found Evans female marrying a male Evans.Her family were from llandiloes & have tree back via Lewis Evans to 1750.I'm tracing male Evans now via John b 1824 farm bailiff at Bedwellty House estate,but having problems.If you would like copy of tree etc let me know,or if anyone knows of John's background I would be grateful.I don't think Ernest was from llandiloes branch but possibly from Cardigan area.
Daivon R Posted - 08/08/2020 : 22:39:14
Hello John my name is David John Evans my fathers name was John Evans born in sirhowy !930 I,m also 68 like you my grandfather Bryn Evans was born approximately 1897 in west hill tredegar my Evans have been in Tredegar since at least 1860 they came originally from llanidloes got the family history from the 1840s they seemed to be into music like you one was the church organist at st James church Georgetown Tredegar theres still another organist in the family somewhere there a couple of teachers also my grandfathers cousin Ernest Evans was once headmaster of Georgetown primary school we could be relatives?? got relatives near you on the ancestry DNA data base aberwrystwyth ones an Evans retired school teacher another who surname is Ellis jones who own a garage in Aberwrystwuth regards David
Blueseric Posted - 03/11/2019 : 16:40:00
Once again.......Thank you for your sterling efforts.....my name is John and I would be very happy for you to give me your name...this type of communication is best 'unformalised' and I would be very happy if your efforts can turn up some contact details.What a nice person.
Cheers, John.
dalex41 Posted - 02/11/2019 : 17:08:52
I know of at least one member of the Bosley family still living in Sirhowy her name is Glenys Williams (nee Anthony) whose mother was a sister to Glyn & Warren Bosley. She lives in Beaufort Road and is on Facebook. I will try and get her contact details for you.

quote:
Originally posted by Blueseric

What an excellent response.......Thanks, I am truly grateful.Have you any idea how I could contact these apparrent family members?I can well remember my Aunt Enid......who lived in Rugby and am certain that the sir-name ' Bosley'is correct.I actually have lived back in Wales for 42 years,although from Coventry and my wife is Welsh speaking.....but I am so very keen to
find out who I may be related - to from South Wales.......given that I am now 68,Incidently,
we live in Holyhead on Anglesey.It would be a real dream to contact any living relatives from the area.....Once again Thanks......so much. John Evans

Blueseric Posted - 31/10/2019 : 10:33:53
What an excellent response.......Thanks, I am truly grateful.Have you any idea how I could contact these apparrent family members?I can well remember my Aunt Enid......who lived in Rugby and am certain that the sir-name ' Bosley'is correct.I actually have lived back in Wales for 42 years,although from Coventry and my wife is Welsh speaking.....but I am so very keen to
find out who I may be related - to from South Wales.......given that I am now 68,Incidently,
we live in Holyhead on Anglesey.It would be a real dream to contact any living relatives from the area.....Once again Thanks......so much. John Evans
dalex41 Posted - 30/10/2019 : 16:51:22
I remember Warren Bosley from Sirhowy who married Enid (nee Evans ) from Scwrfa and they moved to the Coventry area to work. They have relatives still living in Sirhowy.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.