Serving The Town of Tredegar with News & Information Since 1991  

Tredegar Forum
Tredegar Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook

All Forums
 Tredegar
 TOWN NEWS
 Year 10 in Tredegar Comp to isolate.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videomySpace videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pierre Posted - 12/09/2020 : 20:05:14
Seeing reports that year 10 (14 year olds) in Tredegar Comprehensive have been instructed to isolate for 14 days as a positive covid-19 test has been received. All the teachers for that year also got to isolate.

Hope everyone is ok....

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pierre Posted - 09/10/2020 : 11:13:43
Staff test positive for coronavirus at Tredegar school
Source: SouthWalesArgus

THREE staff members have tested positive for coronavirus at a school in Blaenau Gwent, the local authority has confirmed.

A supply staff member and two catering staff at Tredegar Comprehensive School have tested positive for Covid-19.

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council said everyone affected has been identified and asked to self-isolate in line with the Welsh Government's public health rules.

The council said there was "no need for anyone who has not been contacted to self-isolate or be unduly concerned" and safety measures "are already in place within all Blaenau Gwent schools".

"Parents, carers and guardians can support this by remaining alert and ensuring that children do not attend school if they develop any potential symptoms, however mild," the council added.

Blaenau Gwent has been in local lockdown since September 22 in a bid to stop the spread of Covid-19, following a rise in cases in the area.

Speaking on Tuesday, Wales' chief medical officer said Blaenau Gwent had showed "the steepest and highest rise in cases" before lockdown measures were introduced.

Cases there continued to rise for several more days but have been in decline since around September 26, data presented by Dr Frank Atherton showed.

"We're starting to see some improvements – there are still high rates of viral transmission and high rates of new cases, but some improvement, which is a good thing," he said.

djholly Posted - 01/10/2020 : 17:40:39
more importantly, who would want to go there there with proof (and then have some 18yr old on the door examine it) just to have food or a drink together?. resistance is futile eh?
ddraig Posted - 01/10/2020 : 14:28:05
Unless you have photos on your gas bill it's pretty useless to prove that you are living together, what a stupid rule, wonder what knothead thought that one up
djholly Posted - 01/10/2020 : 13:12:08
should have told them that she was your carer. another reason not to go there in the future.
butch Posted - 30/09/2020 : 19:09:53
What proof do we have to take, a group photo, or your marriage licence? That was very mean of them, especially when you are both regulars.
tony Posted - 30/09/2020 : 17:39:52
The wife and I have gone to Wetherspoons three times a week for the last 15 years for afternoon lunch ( saves me doing the dishes ). We was refused entry today because we didn't have proof we are living together . I suppose it is our fault for not carrying my gas bill around with me .
pierre Posted - 24/09/2020 : 12:32:20
quote:
Originally posted by tony

Fair play to Wetherspoons, they've played their part in trying to control the virus by supplying ample hand sanitiser, the wearing of face masks to walk to your table and perspex partitions between all the tables. You can also have table service through their APP.

With you on that one, probably safer in one then a supermarket.

tony Posted - 23/09/2020 : 19:15:59
Fair play to Wetherspoons, they've played their part in trying to control the virus by supplying ample hand sanitiser, the wearing of face masks to walk to your table and perspex partitions between all the tables. You can also have table service through their APP.
djholly Posted - 23/09/2020 : 16:50:37
I'm currently exempt, I have been in wetherspoons & was asked 'can you wear a mask? I replied 'i can't sorry' to which I was asked 'why?. What's wrong with you?'. Now I'm under no obligation to answer any person who asks that (and having spoke to police enquiries I'm not legally obligated to answer anyone (I can volunteer that information to a police officer). I was allowed to enter wetherspoons & have lunch with my daughter for her birthday (first time there in over a year). I also have a lanyard from Morrisons so not to be challenged further. If any person feels safe wearing a mask I have no problem with it (my daughter did by the way), but I worry about long term effect. Some people just keep 1 in the car & wear it for 10 mins take it off then back on in another hour or so. So I would be concerned about bacterial buildup and doing more harm than good. Forgot to add, this is not a gripe about 'spoons'. It was just the girl on the door and the supervisor hadn't been told the exemption possibility by the manager.
Himalayan Scout Posted - 23/09/2020 : 16:41:05
I totally agree with you billbaily.
billbaily Posted - 23/09/2020 : 15:39:33

Just looked on BUPA website regarding masks and read that
scientists don't have enough information on how well they work in preventing the transmission of Covid but some evidence suggests when used correctly they may help prevent you from passing the virus to others, rather than you from getting it.
Not having enough evidence doesn't mean something doesn't work it means it's too early to say for sure.
Many people with Covid19 do not have symptoms so it's possible to have the virus and pass it on to others.
The aim of a face covering is to stop you spreading it to others.

I would rather wear a mask and play a part in trying to get this virus under control. DJH do you wear a mask and if so what type? I do agree with you that a lot of questions do need to be answered though but in the meantime it's a mask all the way for me and my family.
djholly Posted - 23/09/2020 : 14:30:20
There's that word again 'mandatory'. What about children with breathing conditions or allergies?. These risk assessments they carried out, who carried them out? and where can parents view the findings?. Are masks provided in school per child?, Do you need to bring their own?, Look online and many masks are labeled "not proven to reduce the transmission of disease". Also have they done a risk assessment on the bacterial build up of wearing a mask for prolonged periods?.
billbaily Posted - 23/09/2020 : 13:50:26
Read on Twitter Tredegar Comprehensive School

Letter dated 13th Sept to Parents/Carers

Further to discussion with local authorities in light of the prevalance of covid 19 we have reviewed our dynamic risk assessment and will be strongly advocating the wearing of face coverings by all pupils and staff in all communal areas from Mon 14th Sept. Wearing of face coverings in classroom is optional. Face coverings will remain mandatory on public & school transport.

Well don't know what the rest of you think but to me
Strongly advocating the wearing of face coverings doesn't seem to be getting the message through. Make it mandatory...
billbaily Posted - 23/09/2020 : 12:48:42

Obviously it's got worse since schools re-opened, there needs to be further measures put in place NOW that will help reduce the chance of infection spreading amongst our children/teachers and to the rest of the population. Peoples lives are at risk especially the vulnerable members of our society. Great to be back in school but at the same time they/us need to be safe
darole Posted - 23/09/2020 : 12:25:02
The First minister for Wales stated in his Covid news release yesterday that some 270 schools in Wales had been infected/ affected by Covid.

billbaily Posted - 23/09/2020 : 12:17:29

Does anyone on this forum think that ALL comprehensive school children should be wearing masks when they are walking around the communal areas of Tredegar Comprehensive, as at the moment I still think it's not compulsory. This virus is spreading that's why we are seeing many local lockdowns in place. Surely the Education Authorities need to protect/reduce the chance of our teachers/pupils getting Coronavirus and help to stop it spreading further into the community. If you introduce a one rule for ALL it won't be sending out mixed messages to everyone and that the virus is still circulating here. We wear them in shops where people gather so wear them in schools it makes sense.
Angel Posted - 22/09/2020 : 12:26:16
I’m with you Pierre different rules for other parts of the uk .It makes you wonder what theses people running our country have in their heads not a lot I suspect.What different is closing pubs an hour earlier going to make .Lets be honest this spike was warned about months ago .I wonder what the next 24 hours will bring stay safe everyone
pierre Posted - 22/09/2020 : 11:16:17

Open the pubs, close the pubs, get back to work, stay at home.

Don't know about everybody else, but my head is spinning with it all...

ddraig Posted - 17/09/2020 : 10:22:08
I really don't think anyone knows if wearing masks and/or visors works, I see a lot of people fiddling with their masks or wearing them around their neck and that's not good, one of the masks I have slips and so you end up pushing it up all the time again not good, saying that, Asian countries who have worn masks long before covid seem to have faired better than us, yes butch maybe visors could work, I say give everything a go (quite fancy wearing a visor, sort of a star wars thing) Covid is a learning curve for everyone (governments too) I did read that around twenty of the class that should have been self quarantining were in Lidls car park one evening (don't know if that's true or not though, worrying if it is)
butch Posted - 17/09/2020 : 09:26:13
Perhaps a visor could fit a double purpose, I've always fancied doing a bit of welding as a sideline.#128526;#128526;
billbaily Posted - 16/09/2020 : 18:26:17

Perhaps wearing visors would be much more practical and easier to wear
billbaily Posted - 16/09/2020 : 14:39:26

Do masks actually help prevent the spread of this virus because from what I've heard mask wearing in school isn't compulsory. I wonder if it had been made compulsory would this have helped children/teachers from catching it from each other and taking it back home to spread even further.
pierre Posted - 16/09/2020 : 14:22:54
Four Tredegar comprehensive school students have coronavirus

FOUR Year 10 students at a Tredegar school have tested positive for coronavirus, while more than a dozen staff across Blaenau Gwent county borough are self-isolating.

Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council had previously confirmed that a Year 10 student at Tredegar Comprehensive School had tested positive for coronavirus, however this has since been revised up to four.

No Year 10 students at Tredegar Comprehensive School have been in school this week due to the requirement for them to self-isolate.

The council has also confirmed that as of Monday September 14, 20 members of staff across schools in Blaenau Gwent were self-isolating.

In an education scrutiny committee meeting, the council’s head of service for education Lynn Phillips said that this number is likely to increase as more people are tested for the virus.

Mr Phillips said that in the first week back at school the attendance among pupils across the county borough was 84 per cent. This dropped to 81 per cent on the Friday.

He also confirmed that one student at a primary school in Blaenau Gwent had tested positive for coronavirus, but this did not impact the school because they were not in attendance.

A spokesman for the council said: “We can confirm that there are now four positive confirmed cases amongst a year group at Tredegar Comprehensive School. All the necessary public health precautions and measures are currently being followed in relation to this.

“We can confirm that as of yesterday we had 20 members of school staff self-isolating across the school estate in Blaenau Gwent. Many of these are precautionary under the Test, Trace, Protect system.”

billbaily Posted - 16/09/2020 : 10:36:40

Or even better get Cwm & Newport able to deal with more people being tested, if they want to keep Caerphilly Borough safe
billbaily Posted - 16/09/2020 : 10:33:30

Yes there is a one in Cwm and the other in Rodney Parade in Newport so it doesn't make sense to ask people to travel far away to be tested.

I read in the Argus dated yesterday that they 'Caerphilly Borough Council' are opening one in New Tredegar for their borough residents. It is at New Tredegar Business Park, White Rose Way and the mobile one will be in the car park. To be tested you have to make an appointment first. I think where there are hot spots of this virus happening they need to get mobile test centres quickly to those areas.

Even if New Tredegar is in a different council area/health board it make sense to send people here from Tredegar than go miles away to be tested elsewhere.

Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.