Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Tredegar Town Council
 Town Clock - UPDATE - SIGN ONLINE PETITION HERE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  11:56:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, my message to Pierre also applies to you.
NIHIL ILLIGITIMO CARBORUNDUM !!!
Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  11:58:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Pierre, are you a Tredegarite ? Surely you are aware of Tredegar Town Council's Dr. John Evans (Town Clerk) and where he's based ? Have you ever visited Bedwellty House ? He's H.Q.'d there and he's in the telephone book and I'm sure John will supply you with details of what Tredegar T.C. is responsble for.The Town Council's funds are provided for by a separate precept within the overall Council Tax Bill, that's one of the reasons why we pay more than someone else living elsewhere in Blaenau Gwent. I also didn't realise Tredegar T.C. had a website. By the way Bristol is nice !!
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  12:23:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roughly translated: Don't let the b******s get you down.
Don, on two different forum topics now, you have bought nothing constructive or positive on the subject of the clock. I made an observation on The Parking Ban and you bought your pedantry to the cause by disputing the petition addressee. I asked you within 10 minutes, (and yes you were still on line) twice, to provide me with the 'correct' address. A matter YOU have failed to address. However you have questioned the parenthood of the Host with your 1st question to Pierre and your final statement in Latin. You have also levelled a Libel accusation at another user, after yourself posting such things as "scully was 'stitched-up' by Don D*****." and referring to the same as the "mafia". I respectfully ask that you control your hypocricy. I also respectfully ask that you provide the address in question. I then ask respectfully that you stop using information you glean from attending council sessions as ammunition and share it instead. Finally I respectfully ask that you sign the petition to help fix the town clock. Failing any of these, I respectfully ask that you F**K RIGHT OFF this F***ING topic and take your F***ING poison elsewhere.

Regards,
Brad Birch
LLB. Legum Baccalaureus
HELP GET THE CLOCK WORKING. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=3850

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 27/04/2007 12:50:33
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  13:35:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don Alexander Davies

Hi Pierre, are you a Tredegarite ? Surely you are aware of Tredegar Town Council's Dr. John Evans (Town Clerk) and where he's based ? Have you ever visited Bedwellty House ? He's H.Q.'d there and he's in the telephone book and I'm sure John will supply you with details of what Tredegar T.C. is responsble for.The Town Council's funds are provided for by a separate precept within the overall Council Tax Bill, that's one of the reasons why we pay more than someone else living elsewhere in Blaenau Gwent. I also didn't realise Tredegar T.C. had a website. By the way Bristol is nice !!

Hi Don;

In reply to your post (so good you posted it twice...)

Q. Pierre, are you a Tredegarite?
A. Of course not. I often spend thousands of hours per years unpaid and thousands of pounds on hardware/software to support a town of which I donít live in.

Q. Surely you are aware of Tredegar Town Council's Dr. John Evans ?
A. MMmmm nope. Nor has that name been mentioned on this forum with thousands of Tredegar related topics over the years. I guess his name and role is not on the tips of the typical person that lives in Tredegar. Lack of PR or interest maybe from the Council ?

Q. Have you ever visited Bedwellty House?
A. Yes. Thanks for asking. Thatís the one that was left to the people of Tredegar I believe ?

Q. I also didn't realise Tredegar T.C. had a website
A. How would you know? I/we didnít know they were responsible for the non working status of the clock.

Yes Bristol is nice.

O yes, by the way:
It's NIL ILLEGITIMO CARBORUNDUM not NIHIL ILLIGITIMO CARBORUNDUM.

Thanks for your input.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  18:19:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

quote:

NIHIL ILLIGITIMO CARBORUNDUM !!!tail between legs,oh well at least it will keep his b***s company

Hi Don;

In reply to your post (so good you posted it twice...)

Q. Pierre, are you a Tredegarite?
A. Of course not. I often spend thousands of hours per years unpaid and thousands of pounds on hardware/software to support a town of which I donít live in.

Q. Surely you are aware of Tredegar Town Council's Dr. John Evans ?
A. MMmmm nope. Nor has that name been mentioned on this forum with thousands of Tredegar related topics over the years. I guess his name and role is not on the tips of the typical person that lives in Tredegar. Lack of PR or interest maybe from the Council ?

Q. Have you ever visited Bedwellty House?
A. Yes. Thanks for asking. Thatís the one that was left to the people of Tredegar I believe ?

Q. I also didn't realise Tredegar T.C. had a website
A. How would you know? I/we didnít know they were responsible for the non working status of the clock.

Yes Bristol is nice.

O yes, by the way:
It's NIL ILLEGITIMO CARBORUNDUM not NIHIL ILLIGITIMO CARBORUNDUM.

Thanks for your input.

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  18:24:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SH*T I COMENTED IN THE WRONG SECTION....BUGGER. BUT I THINK YOU KNOW WHERE IT SHOULD BE
Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  22:17:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temper Temper boys, dont throw your toys out of your prams. As for you the gentleman from Oz. freedom of speech is a privilige over here and by the way I dont give way to your demands and obvious threats via your vile antipodean tongue, and I dont recall seeing as yet anything constructive by you except pick other peoples brains. At least I have attempted to give a constructive opinion on a few topics but all I appear to have done is intrude on some private little mind games being played by a few domineering users of this website. By the way Pierre if you didn't know Tredegar Town Council was HQ'd at Bedwellty House then you must be one of the minority in this town , that's why I queried if you lived in Tredegar. As for you Tarkus please stop trying to be clever and misquote my posting - I did not add the 13 words of garbage after the latin quote,they're yours. Oh, and by the way "nihil" is the latin for "never".
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  22:28:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don, your one funny bloke :-)

I notice you did not comment on the lack of action in the form of P.R. by the Tredegar Town Council over the clock - a bit strange that. Would you like to tell the users of this forum of any connections that you may have personally, past or present, with any local councils?

And again, Tredegar Town Council is not mentioned in ANY form from the users, and inhabitance of Tredegar on this forum. Now, what does that tell you !

But again, top marks for giving us all an example of the attitude of why after months and months of waiting our clock is not fixed. I credit you for that. If you knew that the responsible party was Tredegar Council, what did you do personally to bring the attention to the people ?

Are you from Tredegar ?
Why have you not signed the on-line petition yet ?

Exactly !

Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  00:02:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pierre , I urgently want to respond to your last posting but I fear someone (?) is blocking my response.
Please advise.
Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  00:17:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi aussiewelshman,
Since when does asking anyone the simple question where they're from question their parenthood ?
Are you sure you're only 10,000 miles away or have you forgot to add another three 000's ?
Sleep tight pal.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  00:46:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

It's a good idea. I'll get the camera out this weekend and stick the pic's on e-bay.

All monies to the clock fund.....

Great idea Pierre.
Unless our local council want their cut out of the fund.

Edited by - Chris on 28/04/2007 00:46:57
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  00:49:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don, it would seem you are the toy this pram doesn't want. Again, you are failing to address the issues at hand. You get my vote for 'try hard/wanna be' politician of the year. Freedom Of Speech is a right given by democracy. It is only a privilige in a certain context. Don, you can try and twist it and act like a drama queen, but it's there for all to see, your referral to 'b******ry', and the only time I threatened you was with your own words. I did it respectfully, succesfully, reinforced with english vernacular. Would you like it in Welsh? "Dos i chwarae efo dy nain!". I have to pick other peoples brains, I'm learning. It's called information, as opposed to the thinly veiled political propaganda you often bring. I would think most people would see a petition as constructive, but you see it with a biased vision, ergo, threatening to your cause. You haven't bought constructive opinion at all, but petty disputes. You present yourself as some 'has been politicians, whipping boy/media spokesman'. Start your own topic, and there you may give us the world according to Don, and let's see the replies you receive. But here, we're trying to fix the clock, either actively help us, or go laugh about it with your council connections, whilst looking through a dictionary/latin phrase book for your next big word. To correct you once more, Pierre was right, it is nil illegitimo carborundum, or nilum illegitimo carborundum. Nihil is a noun, meaning 'nothing' or 'zero'. Your quote is poor syntax. This could go on forever Don. The petition WILL be sent to the M-D of Blaenau Gwent Council and Cc'd to other offices so your original point is moot. So now that's outta the way, Mr D.A. Davies, proud Tredegarite, will you please sign the petition? If you do, I shall somehow buy you a pint. A man is nothing without his word Don, and it would seem we both are going to stick by ours, so I offer the metaphorical hand shake honestly. I buy you a pint, you sign the petition. It's your town, surely you want the clock fixed.

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 28/04/2007 07:51:28
Go to Top of Page

KenJ
Advanced Member

286 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  14:45:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard this morning from an impeccable source:
Grant money for the Clock HAS been allocated.
Work will commence next month.

Restoration criteria is extremely strict - even down to the type of paint that can be used.

Hence the high cost of restoration...the same with any listed structure.

So...maybe time for us all to chill out.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  14:52:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenJ

Restoration criteria is extremely strict - even down to the type of paint that can be used.

You mean, they can't just use Woolworths cover plus non-drip gloss, they have to use more upmarket paints, from Marks & Spencer.

Anyway, that is great news, that the clock is going to finally be repaired, can't wait to hear it chime again.

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  14:59:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope it's true- will be great to see the hands pointing at something else but 3 o'clock! Excellent news!

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  15:03:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Temper Temper boys, dont throw your toys out of your prams. As for you the gentleman from Oz. freedom of speech is a privilige over here and by the way I dont give way to your demands and obvious threats via your vile antipodean tongue, and I dont recall seeing as yet anything constructive by you except pick other peoples brains. At least I have attempted to give a constructive opinion on a few topics but all I appear to have done is intrude on some private little mind games being played by a few domineering users of this website. By the way Pierre if you didn't know Tredegar Town Council was HQ'd at Bedwellty House then you must be one of the minority in this town , that's why I queried if you lived in Tredegar. As for you Tarkus please stop trying to be clever and misquote my posting - I did not add the 13 words of garbage after the latin quote,they're yours. Oh, and by the way "nihil" is the latin for "never".

DONG.if you botherd to look you would have seen after pierre's reply to your questions that i posted my comment in the wrong section,it should have come after pierre,s answer to you.As for misqoting you i wouldnt dare you manage that well yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  18:13:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Ken,perhaps now aussieman and his cohorts will get out of my life. What's the point in signing the petition now as they insist other than to persist in sniping at the local government regime in this area who were elected by Tredegar people as well as the rest of Blaenau Gwent i.e. those of us who cared to vote. THEY WILL BE PLEASED TO KNOW THIS IS MY LAST POSTING CONCERNING THE MATTER so I await their plaudits.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  18:31:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOS A PLORDIT
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2007 :  19:15:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pierre, I think Don is a spy from BGC.
Note the Latin phrase.

I remember you once had a reply from the planning department, which included confusing Latin phrases.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  00:24:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KenJ

That was chilling out ;-)
However, grant money is it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Good news I guess as long as nothing else suffers. I think we should wait for an official statement from Trev the Milk, and keep the petition going as a reinforcement measure.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  00:35:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great news Ken,perhaps now aussieman and his cohorts will get out of my life. What's the point in signing the petition now as they insist other than to persist in sniping at the local government regime in this area who were elected by Tredegar people as well as the rest of Blaenau Gwent i.e. those of us who cared to vote. THEY WILL BE PLEASED TO KNOW THIS IS MY LAST POSTING CONCERNING THE MATTER so I await their plaudits.

Well Donny, we should've known these long distance relationships never work out. I miss you already big fella ... sniff.. sob...WAAAAA!
But don't let the comments concerning certain political cronies put you off signing the clock petition. We just want it fixed.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  01:20:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a little ditty... Sung to the tune of Calon Lan.
(relevant apologies to Messrs John Hughes & Daniel James)

THE TOWN CLOCK

It won't go, it just stopped wor-king
Won't you fix it, Council ma-an?
T'was the roof, it let the rain in,
Now they don't move, the town clocks hands.

Cytgan
Town Clock hands, have stopped revolving
Casting sha-dows, on this land
By the way, it's not a sun-dial
It needs mo-ney, Council man

(C) www.tredegar.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

Don Alexander Davies

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  22:52:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Message From Administrator

User account suspended due to inappropriate message.

Don, Don, Don. Your humour was great and warmly appreciated by all the folk on the forum, and some of the comments you made were very good and an accurate source of information.

But, unfortunately, making threats to the administrator will only get you thrown off these forums.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  23:24:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Message From Administrator

User account suspended due to inappropriate message.

LOL!
Don't mess with the webmaster Don.
BTW, I see no problem with the Tredegar webcam.
It would be great, if we had more webcams from around the town.

Edited by - Chris on 30/04/2007 00:01:24
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  08:14:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also got told on the weekend by a mate that funding is now complete for the restoration for the clock. Again, not sure how reliable the information is. I'll try to get some confirmation today....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.