Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Tredegar Town Council
 Town Clock - UPDATE - SIGN ONLINE PETITION HERE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  08:34:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be great. Appreciate it.

HELP GET THE CLOCK WORKING. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=3850
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  17:51:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar isn't the only town in the world, with a broken town clock.
Check this out.

http://www.townclock.org/
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  19:31:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont know whats wrong with thiere clock but 60grand to repair,ours 100grand,at the present rate that would be 200grand in the us. swish,swish swish!.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  19:45:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has the wind moved the web cam it seems to be pointing at maes glas/gwent way (good pic though.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  20:30:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TARKUS

dont know whats wrong with thiere clock but 60grand to repair,ours 100grand,at the present rate that would be 200grand in the us. swish,swish swish!.

At 100,000 pounds, it's a touch over 240,000 down here, but the AUD is only worth about 2 flat rocks.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  10:47:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TARKUS

has the wind moved the web cam it seems to be pointing at maes glas/gwent way (good pic though.

on second thoughts it looks like tafarnaubach
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  17:43:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some work sent in by Terence

Nice one
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  18:21:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'v had nightmares like that!
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  20:30:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that happens each full moon at midnight.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  21:28:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tredegar,
After contacting BGCBC, news has arrived of confirmation of a Tender Process nearing completion re the restoration/repairs of your Town Clock. More info as it happens.
Good news eh?
Thanks all.

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 03/05/2007 22:25:27
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
622 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  22:57:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aussiewelshman

Hi Tredegar,
After contacting BGCBC, news has arrived of confirmation of a Tender Process nearing completion re the restoration/repairs of your Town Clock. More info as it happens.
Good news eh?
Thanks all.

Why does the word "Tender", always sound like dodgy dealing, when used in the same sentence as BGCBC?
Go to Top of Page

morcar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
260 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  23:17:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they need the money they can always stop it for the tredegar band and the opheus as they do nothing for the town and yet still take money from the town bank book
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  02:17:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was at school I was taught that a citizen of Tredegar was a Tregian, but I see the term Tredegarite used in several items. Don't tell me dear old Stach Prosser was wrong! Does anyone else remember Flum and Stach teaching Tregian?
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  09:55:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

quote:
Originally posted by aussiewelshman

Hi Tredegar,
Good news eh?
Thanks all.

Why does the word "Tender", always sound like dodgy dealing, when used in the same sentence as BGCBC?

Man, I'm not believing anything until it's hands move. Read on...

quote:
Full message view

Re: Information concerning Tredegar Town Clock
Sent:Thursday, 3 May 2007 10:23:02 PM

Hi Brad

I am amazed that the news of out Town Clock has reached Australia! I am the person responsible for the works that are to take place.
As you rightly state, £100K is no small amount and gathering the funds from various funding bodies andf partners has had its difficulties.

Hopefully, the tendrs which have gone out will be back shortly and our aim is to commence the works on the clock including rectifying the electrical system, at the ned of May or early June with a completion date of end of September/early October 2007. The Clock celebrates its 150th Anniversary in 2008 and we intend to start the events from January on to July (the actual month of completion).

All the very best and thank you for your interest
Yours sincerely
Dr John Evans
Town Clerk

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 04/05/2007 10:46:27
Go to Top of Page

Trefdegyr

59 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  16:35:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well well Aussie it looks like Don Alexander Davies was right all the time.It was Tredegar Town Council who were responsible.
Now that the petition is no longer needed,how about you starting a new one?
What about one to welcome back Don A. Davies? Things are really quiet without him!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  17:48:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don would need to sends in an e-mail requesting his account is unlocked.

The petition is still in existence until the clock is working. Don't you think that's the right way to do it ?
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  22:27:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trefdegyr

Well well Aussie it looks like Don Alexander Davies was right all the time.It was Tredegar Town Council who were responsible.
Now that the petition is no longer needed,how about you starting a new one?
What about one to welcome back Don A. Davies? Things are really quiet without him!

There was never any argument about which council was responsible, just questions. I received 2 addresses from 2 separate users of this forum both indicating BGCBC. However despite numerous enquiries (with at least 2 to Don directly, after his corrections), on this forum and elsewhere, I could find no contact point for Tredegar Town Council or Dr John Evans. I did a search on BGCBC's website for both, and yielded...
quote:
Your search for Tredegar Town Council in Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council found 0 hits.
and
quote:
Your search for Dr John Evans in Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council found 0 hits.
However I did find this...
quote:
Your search for Tredegar Town Clock in Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council found 2 hits.
and
quote:
Your search for Tredegar in Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council found 55 hits.
I contacted BGCBC directly for contact details and received nothing. I then sent an email to them outlining my concerns, which i believe they then forwarded to Dr Evans.
I never wanted Don booted off the forum, and am the first to agree that his insights, observations and humour, now gone, leave a big hole. I would be the first to apologise, for my part only, upon his return but would expect the apology to be reciprocal. If it is seen as wrong for an outsider to try and help, let me know, and I shall drop it.

Go to Top of Page

Trefdegyr

59 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  15:37:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on Aussie it's only a bit of fun or have you lost your Welsh wit since you moved down under? By the way I certainly don't class you as an outsider wherever you may be in the world!As the saying goes"You can take the boy out of Wales but you can't take Wales out of the boy"
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  21:46:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trefdegyr

Come on Aussie it's only a bit of fun or have you lost your Welsh wit since you moved down under? By the way I certainly don't class you as an outsider wherever you may be in the world!As the saying goes"You can take the boy out of Wales but you can't take Wales out of the boy"

Aren't I the fool? Good one Trefdegyr, ya got me with that one, hook, line 'n' sinker. Anyway, thanks, I appreciate your words.
Further, I have contacted Dr J Evans asking for more info regarding the Tender Process, and am awaiting his reply.
Also, I left a message outlining the petition at another Welsh web-site (Pierre, please forgive this infidelity ), dedicated to ex-pats around the globe. The message contains info on the Clock, www.tredegar.co.uk and where/how to sign the petition.
The petition is receiving signatures regularly, but needs alot more.
So everyone, take 60 seconds, and please.....

P.S. you can sign anonymously, and remember to confirm your signing by checking your email.

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 05/05/2007 21:48:36
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  22:22:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Titch

When I was at school I was taught that a citizen of Tredegar was a Tregian, but I see the term Tredegarite used in several items. Don't tell me dear old Stach Prosser was wrong! Does anyone else remember Flum and Stach teaching Tregian?

Hi Titch,
My ol' pop mentioned all of these at one time or another, "Tredegarite, Tredegan, Tregian, Topper, Toppy, Top".
Ya don't get nicknames unless you're popular !

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  23:53:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look, I'll cut to the chase if I may (and I can).

Please do not feel sorry for somebody why sticks up the BCBCC !
Last year they (our local Council….) give back over £2,000,000 back to the Europe council, and we have crap services, and such....
yet a grip folk!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  23:55:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the last few year , Tredegar, is always second best to Ebbw, what shall we do about it !

Kick out blaenau gwent is the only way!
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  00:23:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I gotta say, I was truly shocked when I did those searches on BGCBC's website, AND FOUND NOTHING on Tredegar Town Council/Clerk, and again NOUGHT on this Dr John. Yet they have numerous matches on Tredegar AND the Town Clock! It would seem BGCBC take the good from Tredegar as they're own, but wash their hands of it, when they're needed. I think it SUX!

Go to Top of Page

KenJ
Advanced Member

286 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  13:02:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar Town Council website here:
http://tredegartowncouncil.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

morgan.m

1184 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  15:37:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ken
I didn`t know the site existed
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.