Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 Tredegar Town Council
 Town Clock - UPDATE - SIGN ONLINE PETITION HERE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  20:40:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto, thanks Kenj.

08/03/07 - Tredegar Town Council
TREDEGAR TOWN CLOCK

There have been a number of problems with our much beloved Town Clock. Tredegar Town Council is to embark on a major renovation and restoration programme. Part of that work includes the upgrading of the current antiquated electrical systems to 21st Century standards.

This, we are assured, will resolve the problems of the Clock stopping despite being reset and its regular maintenance. Until the electrical system is changed, the default safety system automatically shuts off the power internally and the Clock stops. This is caused by the ingress of water and condensation affecting the electrical contacts.

Tredegar Town Council is going to invest huge sums of money to preserve the Clock for posterity.

HELP GET THE CLOCK WORKING. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK

http://www.petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=3850

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 07/05/2007 21:05:36
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  10:17:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcar

If they need the money they can always stop it for the tredegar band and the opheus as they do nothing for the town and yet still take money from the town bank book

No-one gets very much...

quote:
Grants paid out in Financial Year April 2006 to March 2007

Churches & Chapels:-

Glyn Baptist Church £150.00
Roman Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception £150.00
Bethania Congregational Church £150.00
Trinity Spiritualist Church £150.00
Christians Together £250.00
Sardis Chapel £200.00

Cultural & Sporting; Section 137:-

Air Training Cadets 2167 (Tredegar Sqdn) £200.00
Bill Harry Tenants Association £250.00
Blaenau Gwent Arthritis Support £250.00
Blaenau Gwent Otters Swimming Club £250.00
Bobath Childrens Therapy Centre Wales £100.00
British Heart Foundation £150.00
British Red Cross £250.00
Catapult FC £200.00
Cefn Golau Junior Angling Club £200.00
Childline Cymru £100.00
Cylch Meithrin ABC Playgroup £250.00
Devils Martial Arts £200.00
Friends of Bedwellty Park Society £250.00
Friends of Bryn Bach School £250.00
Gwent Valleys Sports Club for the Disabled £200.00
Heads of the Valleys Gateway Club £250.00
Hospice of the Valleys £500.00
Kidz'R'Us £250.00 (plus Special Grant £250.00)
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod £50.00
Macmillan Cancer Support £100.00
North Gwent Table Tennis Centre £200.00
Parc Bryn Bach £1000.00
Peacehaven Tenants/Residents Neighbourhood Watch Association £250.00
Re-Liance Bus Preservation Group £250.00
Royal British Legion Tredegar Branch £250.00
Shelter Cymru £100.00
Sirhowy Angling Club £200.00
Stocktonville Senior Citizens Association £250.00
Tredegar (Mon) & District Canine Society £250.00
Tredegar & District Floral Art Society £250.00
Tredegar Art & Craft Club £250.00
Tredegar Athletic Football Club £200.00
Tredegar Camera Club £200.00
Tredegar Community Archive Group £250.00
Tredegar Corps of Drums £250.00
Tredegar Gardening Club £250.00
Tredegar Hospital Linen Guild £250.00
Tredegar Ironsides RFC £200.00
Tredegar Junior Cricketers £200.00
Tredegar Junior Netball Club £200.00
Tredegar Ladies Netball Club £200.00
Tredegar Mixed Voices £250.00
Tredegar Round Table £250.00
Tredegar Scout Group £200.00
Tredegar Town AFC - Seniors £200.00
Tredegar Town Band £250.00
Tredegar Town Partnership £250.00
Tuesdays Over 60s Bowling Club £200.00
Wales Air Ambulance £50.00
WRVS £50.00

Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

335 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  11:48:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a total of £12,700 for the year.

Good to see the money is going to local concerns.

Anybody worked out what the cost is to the average Tredegar "Council Tax" payer to keep the Local Tredegar council in place?

What advantages does Tredegar have over the other towns in Blaenau Gwent that does not have a local Town council?

Edited by - gatekeeper on 08/05/2007 11:50:52
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2007 :  11:42:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Gatekeeper, as yet, I can't help you with that one.

On a lighter note though, it would seem an old acquaintance has found another outlet for his bowels.
The Town Clock petition has a discussion forum attached to it. About a week, 10 days ago ,I noticed a posting. It wasn't complimentary. Still, I let it go, firstly as a laugh, and secondly cos I wanted to see if the individual had the intestinal fortitude to back up his comments with further insights into the political persuasion, or lack thereof, of others. Alas there was nothing.....

Here is said post...

quote:
Dalex41
Tredegar Town Clock
« on: 5/15/2007 9:28:14 AM »

Why dont all you local and foreign anarchists just shut up yapping on about it and let Tredegar Town Council get on with the job in hand of repairing the clock. Why dont you do something else usefull with your lives eg get proper worthwhile jobs.

To verify, please click...
EDIT: Messages deleted from petition forum.

As you can see it's quite and and all at the same time.
Personally I Don, er, don't agree with it. I mean I can't even get an accurate date (and their time window is closing) for the councils commencement of repairs.

Anyways, if anyone knows of whom this mystery email belongs, dalex41@tiscali.co.uk, cos I have no idea , or if you disagree with the above portrayal of citizens exercising their rights, why not...

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 23/05/2007 08:24:02
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2007 :  12:29:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blimey! Thanks for showing us that!

Memories are made of these.....
www.tredegar.co.uk/starlight
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2007 :  13:10:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye, thats the D's e-mail address

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2007 :  22:26:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the latest posting on there isn't very nice- I'm not a fan of name-calling- and if the poster is reading this then please bear in mind that the folk who signed the petition just want to see the clock working again- which is something we all agree on.

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2007 :  22:49:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It certainly seems to have touched a raw spot with the poor man...
quote:
Dalex41
Tredegar Town Clock
« on: 5/22/2007 4:01:18 PM »

Haven't you boneheads near & far got the message yet ? I suggest you read Dr.John Evans' article published yesterday in the Western Mail. It clearly outlines the Town Council's progress re. the Town Clock and more importantly it's addressed to YOU !!!

To confirm...
EDIT: Messages deleted from petition forum.

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 23/05/2007 08:25:49
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  04:39:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there's more.....
quote:
Dalex41
Re: Tredegar Town Clock
« on: 5/22/2007 7:27:24 PM »

Believe it or not I too want the clock to be in working order again, but your petition will in no way expedite the matter. You dont seem to appreciate that the machinations of local government have a built-in time factor and Tredegar Town Council are endeavouring to resolve the situation as expeditiously as they can within their control.As for namecalling isn't it a case of " if you cant take it dont give it !!!". I apologise for using this posting as a vehicle for responding to Pierre's & Aussieman's jibes, but I only do so since democracy has been denied me in responding properly via Pierre's private website and it was his sole decision to ban me from his controlled/edited forums which he uses as a vehicle for his own personal interests and anti Blaenau Gwent CBC campaign.

It's funny.... Does he know his posts can be deleted?

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  09:06:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ho-hum, I really thought this was dead and buried, never the less a foul stench has arisen form the grave and needs wafting away.

I almost believe him when he says he too wants the clock fixed, however it has taken weeks for him to voice it.

Everyone appreciates the machinations of government, but it's the convolutions in their decision making process, the back door dealing, the side steps, the lies and the hypocricy that drive people up the wall. Politicians are elected to do a job, and it's rare if they do it correctly. Then we get to hear the excuses... Seriously, some of 'em should get BAFTA's for the way they go on.

As for the name-calling, myself anyway, it's a matter of sticks 'n' stones..., however in his first 2 postings it was a nasty generalisation directed at all.

On behalf of the Town Clock Petition, I reject his apology for mis-using yet another forum. His claim that he only did it in response to 'jibes' is blatantly false. Since his demise from Tredegar Forum, he has been mentioned only twice (and on this very topic!), and neither posting was defamatory or derogotory. His initial post on the petition forum is dated the 15th May, 2007. Long before I replied to it.

Everyone uses a forum to advance their own cause, but he took it upon himself to try and vanquish this topic. It all started because another topic was begun on Councillor Scully with a direct link to a newspaper article. He should have taken his dispute to the paper in question, instead of trying to belittle those whose concerns were raised after reading said article. I believe Scully's land purchase, is undergoing further investigation.

If (forum) democracy has been denied him, as he states, then to aportion blame, I suggest he look in a mirror. He threatened the Administrator, end of story.

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  10:52:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With regards to the previous remark- "if you can't take it etc" - I appreciate you're not able to respond to the following but please bear in mind I have not for one single second called you names nor the Council- yet- your comments were unfortunately directed at everyone who signed the petition- whether intentional or not. My simple comment was "Please fix this important town clock." Absolutely nothing wrong with that. To be fair- yes maybe the Council have been working behind the scenes to get it fixed- but- the townsfolk weren't made aware of this. All we could see was a clock that had stopped working for a considerable amount of time and therefore it was not unreasonable to ask what was going on. Now- the current situation seems to be that the wheels had already been set in motion with regards to the repairs and people have now been made aware of it- which is great news all round. It's also wonderful to see that so many people are passionate about "Our Clock" - which I know also includes yourself. Let's hope the clock can be fixed in time for her big birthday- now that really will be something to cheer about! Fingers crossed!

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  11:29:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,

Look, everybody wants the clock fixed, and if the Council (Tredegar or BGC) are getting it fixed then that’s great

However, then do need to let every body ware of what is going on. Why don't they update the BGC website with the latest news on the pending repair work?

Don, you accepted the terms and conditions of the forum when you signed up. You also agreed that your posts could be deleted if found offensive. The strange thing is that I do believe that you when you say you want the clock fixed like the rest of us, so what is the issue?

This website is independent of any Council or backed agencies (although in the past it has been offered, but declined). This is made quite clear. If it was backed by the council, does everybody think they would allow such debate?

Don, your account will be unlocked after 30 days (that's the way I programmed the forum). I also repeat that I have not made any personal remarks on you, and ask you to do the same for me. Please feel free to e-mail off line on this subject if you wish.

Aussiewelshman has done a great job with the petition, and I thank him for his hard work and support on the subject.

Everybody please keep to the rules of the website / forum, and together we can try to make the town better place for all of us.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  12:08:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what plans have been made with regards to celebrating the clock's birthday- I did read something a while ago but I can't recall the content unfortunately! Are they going to be producing souvenirs?

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2007 :  16:47:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trevor will probably give as a song or two....
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  11:03:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A BIG THANKYOU!...

...from myself & all involved, to all those that have signed the petition.
The petition will stay in place, and active, until the repairs/restoration have been completed to the towns-folks satisfaction. IT IS THEIR CLOCK.
Ultimately, no-matter the outcome, nor the time-frame, the petition will be presented to various councils as a reminder that people do care. It is the people who employ the councillors, via their vote, hence, they need to be listened to, and kept informed of town works progress, or lack there-of.

Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2007 :  19:44:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Aye, thats the D's e-mail address

Well I travelled over 250 miles today to see the clock and yes it isn't working. Having lived away from Tredegar for some time, I feel sad at some of the sights I see upon my return, but can the clock not working be working be the saddest of them all? Progress can be slow but with a concerted show of support snail pace can be reached by the politicians who are representing the views of constituents.
I sometimes show pictures of the clock in lessons at school. My classes are genuinely interested and they are all English!
Perhaps heritage only works in some parts of the county and ignored in others.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  01:15:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Clock’s time’s come

SIR – The problems with Tredegar Town Clock have been the subject of much speculation.

Whilst all this has been happening, Tredegar Town Council with our consultants Capita Symonds, in partnership wit Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council, have been working to assemble the financial package necessary to allow the works to go forward.

On Wednesday May 16, Tredegar Town Council took the decision to award the contract for the restoration to A & N Lewis.

Works will commence as soon as possible with the intention of full completion well in time for the celebration of the 150th anniversary of the clock’s operation in Tredegar in 2008.

May I, through this column, pass on the information that the clock is to be restored and will be back in operation well before the end of the year. Despite the rumours and negative speculation of some, Tredegar’s residents will once again be proud of the clock which has been silent these last few months.

JOHN R P EVANS
Town Clerk, Tredegar Town Council, Bedwellty,Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent
http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/letters/thewesternmail/tm_headline=monday--21-may-2007&method=full&objectid=19140126&siteid=50082-name_page.html

I'm glad of this news, and appreciate Dr. Evans time and efforts, but honestly, is it any wonder that rumours and negative speculation were rife? All I could find initially was the BBC report that The Clock had stopped in January. Then, via a tip on this forum, a notice on http://www.tredegartowncouncil.org.uk/ (which just contained statements of the obvious) dated March 2007, the vague email he sent me in May, and now this article. The few months he refers to, now number 6.

EDIT: oops HELP GET THE CLOCK WORKING. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK...
http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=3850

Edited by - aussiewelshman on 07/06/2007 01:28:40
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  11:29:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like many, will be delighted when our clock is repaired to its former glory. It’s good that the Town Council of Tredegar (which we the people of Tredegar do pay a percentage of the running costs via our Council Tax) are doing what we request them to do.

Rumours and negative speculation, and by that I can only take it that he was referring to the delay in getting the clock fixed?, only occur when no news or updates are given. What I will want to ask the Town council is its all very good updating your website, but make sure :-

1. The website is advertised correctly. Right now it is not.
2. What about people that do not use the internet. You are not
giving these people any update of any sorts, are you?

Is summery, the working status of the clock has been the subject of much speculation because of the lack of updates from the town council.

Tredegar Town Concil - Why not produce a Quarterly news letter sent to each home in Tredegar giving us all an update of what work you’re currently doing for us?
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2007 :  09:56:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE TIME-LINE THUS FAR...

29th JANUARY 2007
BBC BRINGS THE NEWS TO THE WORLD
quote:
Last Updated: Monday, 29 January 2007, 10:58 GMT

Bad timing for Tredegar's clock

A landmark clock has stopped ticking months short of its 150th anniversary after rain affected its mechanisms.
The town clock in Tredegar stopped after heavy rain in recent months seeped into its electric workings.
It is one of Blaenau Gwent's best known landmarks and people in the town are now trying to raise money to get the clock working again.
Because the 72ft high clock is listed, restoration work could cost as much as £100,000.
Erected in 1858, the clock's four faces were designed to be seen from all areas of the town and it was placed for the convenience of workers of the iron works and coal mines in the area.
It was the idea of the wife of Mr RP Davies, the master of the ironworks.

"She thought it would be a good idea and her husband said if she could raise half the money, he would pay for the rest," explained Dr John Evans, town council clerk and local historian.

"Fundraising was going very well when she suddenly died and so Mr Davies used his own money to make up the shortfall to put the clock up in his wife's memory.

"It demonstrated the love he had for his wife who died at a fairly young age."

As the anniversary of the clock neared, a major restoration for the clock was planned.

But before work could start, the clock suddenly stopped.

"Excessive rain penetrated the mechanisms and affected the electrics," said Dr Evans.

"So we are now trying to gather all the money we can and get grant aid to start work on it."

Installed by clockmakers, JB Joyce of Whitchurch, Shropshire, the clock has been regularly maintained by the firm but it is hoped that the restoration will bring the clock back to its former glory.

"We hope to get the clock working before the anniversary," explained Dr Evans.

"And part of the restoration will be getting 21st standard electrics rather than 18th century and, of course, giving the whole thing an overhaul."

"People have been asking why the clock isn't chiming anymore but hopefully we can get it going again soon," he added.

8th MARCH 2007
TREDEGAR TOWN COUNCIL WEBSITE ANNOUNCEMENT
quote:
TREDEGAR TOWN CLOCK

There have been a number of problems with our much beloved Town Clock. Tredegar Town Council is to embark on a major renovation and restoration programme. Part of that work includes the upgrading of the current antiquated electrical systems to 21st Century standards.

This, we are assured, will resolve the problems of the Clock stopping despite being reset and its regular maintenance. Until the electrical system is changed, the default safety system automatically shuts off the power internally and the Clock stops. This is caused by the ingress of water and condensation affecting the electrical contacts.

Tredegar Town Council is going to invest huge sums of money to preserve the Clock for posterity.

2nd MAY 2007
CONTACT!... BGCBC.
quote:
To whom it may concern,
Firstly, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Bradley Birch living in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. My family history is proud Welsh, with my Grandfather being born and bred in Tredegar. With his passing, I guess you could say the mantle was passed to me to try and stay up to date, and in contact as much as possible, with his heritage.
Wales is beautiful, and the South East Valleys especially so. I have been fortunate enough to travel there twice, and with even that extremely limited experience, I feel qualified in making that statement.
Now if I may, I beg your indulgence. Through various News items, I discovered in January that the Town Clock of Tredegar had stopped working due to the ingress of rain water. For a town such as this, the clock is a strong symbol of it's rich heritage and its chimes bring memories of the past and hope for the future. Going on 5 months now, I have been unable to confirm any accurate information relating to the repair of the clock. It is my understanding that it is a Heritage Listed Structure and therefore certain guidelines must be adhered to. I also understand that the repairs are in the order of 100,000 GBP, which is not cheap, in any language (almost 250,000 AUD).
Aside form the relevant problems this expense creates, hence the delays in repairs due to sourcing funds, could you please forward to me, at your earliest convenience any information you may have pertaining to this, or the correct authority to whom I should address my questions.

Yours sincerely

Brad Birch.

2nd MAY 2007
A REPLY FROM BGCBC
quote:
Hi there,
Many thanks for your email. I have forwarded it to tredegar town council who deals with the repairs. Thanks

3rd MAY 2007
THE REPLY FROM TREDEGAR TOWN COUNCIL
quote:
Hi Brad.

I am amazed that the news of out Town Clock has reached Australia! I am the person responsible for the works that are to take place.
As you rightly state, £100K is no small amount and gathering the funds from various funding bodies andf partners has had its difficulties.

Hopefully, the tendrs which have gone out will be back shortly and our aim is to commence the works on the clock including rectifying the electrical system, at the ned of May or early June with a completion date of end of September/early October 2007. The Clock celebrates its 150th Anniversary in 2008 and we intend to start the events from January on to July (the actual month of completion).

All the very best and thank you for your interest
Yours sincerely
Dr John Evans
Town Clerk

21st MAY 2007
TOWN CLERK, DR. JOHN EVANS CONTACTS THE WESTERN MAIL.
quote:
Clock’s time’s come

SIR – The problems with Tredegar Town Clock have been the subject of much speculation.
Whilst all this has been happening, Tredegar Town Council with our consultants Capita Symonds, in partnership wit Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council, have been working to assemble the financial package necessary to allow the works to go forward.
On Wednesday May 16, Tredegar Town Council took the decision to award the contract for the restoration to A & N Lewis.
Works will commence as soon as possible with the intention of full completion well in time for the celebration of the 150th anniversary of the clock’s operation in Tredegar in 2008.
May I, through this column, pass on the information that the clock is to be restored and will be back in operation well before the end of the year. Despite the rumours and negative speculation of some, Tredegar’s residents will once again be proud of the clock which has been silent these last few months.

JOHN R P EVANS
Town Clerk, Tredegar Town Council, Bedwellty,Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent

Make of this what you will. The fact remains Tredegar is 7 months without its beloved clock, and the lack of a tangible start date on repairs is deplorable.

Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2007 :  15:35:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is the next step....

http://www.writetothem.com/

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2007 :  09:07:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure thing... Ideas anyone?
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  13:17:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During a night visit to the Circle this weekend (Saturday 23rd June 2007), I noticed an A4 laminated piece of paper attached to the gate at the bottom of (the still non functional) Tredegar Clock. The notice read:-

Please Note
Due to the Impending Restoration Work Which Will Begin on The Clock Shortly, Tredegar Town Council Will Not Be Planting Around The Clock This Year. Instead The Area Around The Bandstand Has Already been Planted.

It look’s like the Town Council is taking note of this forum and is eventually giving the people of the town some information. I don’t think the notice has been in place for long, but I’m unable to validate as they did not date the notice.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2007 :  20:49:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It look’s like the Town Council is taking note of this forum and is eventually giving the people of the town some information.

You mean by leaving bits of paper where people might see it???
It's been done before, with the parking restrictions too, hasn't it?
Imagine some poor lackey, running around in the small hours, with a felt covered hammer, or a roll of tape, sticking up signs around the town.
Still, it beats smoke signals.
Here's a sign for 'em

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2007 :  14:04:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when the boy/girl racers are whizing around the clock after 8 pm restriction they can always say they were trying to read the notice
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  11:39:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.