New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  12:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This week has seen the departure of Tony Blair as Prime Minister of the UK. Now normally, such political land marks pass me by, overtaken by such events as school fun runs and the latest goings on between me and my front lawn. But, the media coverage of Blaire leaving his post has left me quite speechless.

"It has been a very emotional day," said Sky News's Adam Boulton. "I have seen some incredible things today, things I never thought I would see." What were these incredible things? "I have seen the Blairs' exercise bicycle removed from Number 10," groaned the honest fellow; and across Britain one imagined the Sky audience returning their sodden handkerchiefs to their eyes as they were racked with fresh bouts of sobbing. The exercise bicycle! The Prime Ministerial exercise bicycle! Never more to be used in Downing Street again! Woe, woe and thrice woe!

Poor Margaret Beckett was so overwhelmed when Blair was leaving the House of Commons that she started to weep, and had to be "comforted" by John Reid, a procedure that is surely enough to make anyone snap out of it. And then we had the cavalcade moving off to the Palace, and what with the hushed tones of the newscasters and the thudding of the television helicopters overhead, the whole thing started to remind me of Diana's funeral.

It was bad enough that during Blair went off for a one month jolly around the world at the tax payer’s expense. He was always on about global warming and brings in taxes to hit the workers, then in the next breath he’s jumping on a plane to the other side of the world on a PR trip burning more fossil fuel then the average household does in a year. Maybe the then PM had never heard of such thing as video conferencing?

“Never mind” I keep telling myself, “The Tredegar clock will be working again sometime soon!”.

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  19:30:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet pizza oven mouth took all the light bulbs
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2007 :  19:42:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  00:34:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marge and her true comforts...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.