Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike157

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2014 :  19:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe someone can remember these Faces!
I`m at front row 5th from left.

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

fredd

6208 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2014 :  19:36:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5th From The Left Back Row Sgt Bilko
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2014 :  23:27:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh my brother is on there. He sadly passed away last year from a sudden heart attack at the age of 54 and I miss him like mad. He went on to join the RAF at 17 and stayed in there for roughly 25 years. Its lovely to see his picture and I remember him in his uniform off to cadets. I don't want to give his name because I don't want everyone to know who I am though but He's definitely on there so thanks for sharing, even though Ive shed a tear.xx
Go to Top of Page

indarkistplumstead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
324 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  09:52:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, the only person that I can remember is a guy called evans, he's standing in the back row next to the padre to the right,i'm sorry I can't remember is first name.
Go to Top of Page

Doug R

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  12:47:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This photograph brought back a few memories. I am in the photograph and remember it being taken as if it were yesterday. Sadly I lost my copy of the original years ago.

This is 2167 Tredegar Squadron, Air Training Corps, at their Annual Camp, RAF Chivenor, 1971/72.

The aircraft in the background is a De Havilland Chipmunk, in which we all flew.

I've provided names of the Squadron to the best of my memory.

Back Row from left to right;- Cadet Sgt Snook; Cadet F/Sgt Davies; Cadet Warrant Officer Pete Mockeridge; Warrant Officer Bill Morgan BEM; Flt. Lt. A.J. Jackson [Officer Commanding 2167 Squadron]: RAF Chivenor Padre ? ; Cadet Warrant Officer Brian Evans; RAF Officer, Name Unknown; Wing Commander Boanas [Officer Commanding No.1 Welsh Wing, Air Training Corps]: Warrant Officer David Taylor.

Middle Row from left to right;- Cadet Chris Roberts; Cadet Unknown; Cadet Corporal Mike Brown; Cadet Name Unknown; Cadet Kevin Bindon; Cadet P Roberts; Cadet Chris Rickets;

Front Row from left to right; Cadet Corporal Thomas; Cadet Doug Roberts; Cadet Robert Howse; Cadet Unknown; Cadet Unknown; Cadet Stuart Hall; Cadet Price ?; Cadet Lawrence.

Again, if my memory serves me correctly, at least four of the above went on to serve in the regular Armed Forces; Royal Air Force - Doug Roberts, Kevin Bindon, Lawrence. Royal Marines - Chris Roberts.

Sadly Warrant Officer Bill Morgan BEM and Kevin Bindon are no longer with us. I have extremely fond memories of them both. RIP.
Go to Top of Page

Mike157

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2014 :  21:20:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`m sorry to here about your Brother Fizz!, I am glad I was able to remind you of some special memories of your Brother although it brought a tear.

Hello Doug R, I do remember you! And the good times we had at the Hut, which I think at least from the outside does not look any different from when we was there, I to joined the Armed Forces 47 Regt Royal Artillery, I loved every min of it.

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
Go to Top of Page

Doug R

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2014 :  22:52:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there too. The year following the photograph Annual Camp was at RAF St. Mawgan. A few weeks after St. Mawgan I joined the RAF. After training I went to Gibraltar for a two and a half year tour of duty. Following my regular service I went back to 2167 Squadron for a while as a civilian instructor before moving away again on the job front.

I see 2167 Squadron now have their own Facebook page. From the photographs displayed on Facebook the layout of the hut seems to have changed a little inside from what I remember. I will always hold the place and the memories of everyone with the utmost respect. Many of us seem to have benefited greatly from our time there. Nice to hear from you again!

Hi Fizz, I only found out about the loss of your brother quite recently. We kept in contact during my time overseas. He was a true gentleman in every way and held in high esteem by all who had the privilege of knowing him. My sincere condolences to you and your family. He will be sadly missed.
Go to Top of Page

fizz

1797 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2014 :  14:50:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Doug for the lovely words about my brother. A lot of people in Tredegar don't know him because he moved away when he was so young and so its lovely to hear from someone who remembers him. It was terrible shock as he was so fit. I have to say though looking at his picture, he hadn't changed at all. I miss him every day but good memories see me through.It would have been his birthday on Halloween so if you're doing anything, make sure you have a drink for him. He would have loved to hear from you all.xx
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  19:28:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mike,

What a lovely photo. The Air Cadets is still going strong in the town, and still down shop row.

Pierre

Go to Top of Page

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
479 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  15:17:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in the air cadets for a short while during the mid 1950's with 3 of my school mates Francis Hoare, Bobby Lewis and Ken Jaynes. Francis went straight to Cranwell from the Grammar School and ended up as leader of the Red Arrows, Bobby ended up as a V Bomber and Helicopter pilot, Ken and I didn't go any further with the RAF. Sadly Francis, Bobby and Ken are no longer with us. Per Ardua ad Astra.
Go to Top of Page

jazz-meister

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2019 :  22:12:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
back row forth from the right my dad Brian Evans :-)

CV Evans
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.