URINE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1848 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2016 :  00:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many years ago a colleague told me that she lived with her parents who had a very large garden. They grew flowers and an abundance of oversize, prize vegetables. Her father was the gardener and his secret was to go into the garden each night and urinate.

keanjo

United Kingdom
1298 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2016 :  09:36:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Men's urine is wonderful for cabbage s . It also makes an excellent lawn fertiliser when diluted 4 to 1 with water. However ladies' weewee is alkaline and is not suitable.
Go to Top of Page

goodwitchsilverwitch

United Kingdom
1848 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2016 :  00:07:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops, I had better stop doing what I've been doing.
Go to Top of Page

MKerchey05

955 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2016 :  13:37:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The mind boggles! Some tales have a grain of truth in them, (or something in them)! Anyone have any more 'odd' tips?
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2582 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2016 :  18:12:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COFFEE GROUNDS  – Acid-loving plants such as tomatoes, blueberries, roses and azaleas may get a jolt out of coffee grounds mixed into the soil. But more likely it’s the nitrogen that helps. Sprinkled on top of the ground before watering or pour a liquid version on top of the soil. If using as a soil drench, soak 6 cups of coffee grounds in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Let it sit for 2-3 days and then saturate the soil around your plants.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2016 :  20:24:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a lady from Georgetown who has beautiful roses in her garden and she told me that all she uses is the leftover water from doing the dishes.
Go to Top of Page

billk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2016 :  23:39:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's fine just be aware that medication can change the properties and may do more harm than good, especially on food produce ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.