Francis Samuel Gray 1898-1974
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

P Fane

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  02:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank Gray is the son of Samuel Gray & Elizabeth nee Cooper. Frank is the 3rd of 4 children; Mary Ann b.1895, William b.1897 & Albert b.1900. Frank may have married Phoebe Watkins in 1943.
In the 1911 census the family was living at 7 Rhyd Terrace, Tredegar.
Father Samuel Gray died between the 1901 and 1911 census, possibly the fisrt half of 1906.
Are newspapers for 1943 and 1974 available on-line? I would like to find a notice of Frank's marriage and his death.
I would also like to find an obituary for father Samuel.

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1788 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  19:40:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can remember we had a milkman named Walter Gray from Rhyd Terrace in the late 40's and early 50's
Go to Top of Page

smokey
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2017 :  21:21:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might be wrong Bryan but I always thought that Walter lived in Whitworth Tce
Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Advanced Member

673 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  12:44:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Smokey, In those days I was a milkboy working weekends with Watson williams (Tom six bob's son) and indeed Walter Gray lived in whitworth in the row which overlooks the Glen.
Go to Top of Page

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1788 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  19:55:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I stand corrected - it was a long time ago.
Go to Top of Page

smokey
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  21:12:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter was well known for playing the Violin

smokey
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2017 :  20:57:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew a Frank Gray (who, I think) had a brother Tom.
He certainly lived in hHe Tip, possibly in Rhyd Tce.
He was a note chapel man, Siloh I think but it may have been the Cong
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1975 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  20:45:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello P.Fane, I knew three Mr Gray's, the first was Frank Gray who was a a loyal member of Castle street chapel (Cong). He was a very religious man to the point that you could not speak to him unless he quoted the Bible at every opportunity. He lived either in Mount Street, or High street, I don't think he was married.
The second Mr Gray lived in Southend, he had two sons, Michael,and John. Michael is the eldest and was a Councillor in Crosskeys and was involved with the Crosskeys Brassband.
The third Mr Gray lived at Park Hill, he has two sons, Peter, and Allen.
The first Mr Gray passed away in the seventies he was quiet elderly. The second passed away about twenty or so years he was in his eighties.
The third passed away about two years ago he was in his eightiesi hope this is of some help to you. Regards, Butch.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1975 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2017 :  22:37:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again P.Fane, I must have had a senior moment I failed to note you had already mentioned years of birth and death. It would seem that it is the first Frank Gray that you are probably looking for. Sorry for my error!! But there again, two Gray's don't make a white[:)
Go to Top of Page

P Fane

Canada
19 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2021 :  04:17:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I apologize for this late thank-you to all who took the time to answer my query. I neglected to check 'subscribe to this post' so I wasn't notified when a new reply was added. I like that, 'two Grays don't make a white'.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.