Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  11:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Six degrees of separation

For over twenty years I’ve been on a mission. Well several missions if you include my “buy an Ice-cream van mission” and the “buy a used megaphone mission”. The main mission I set myself all those years ago was down to something I saw on the telly at the time called “The Six degrees of separation”.

Basically, the description of the Six degrees of separation is:

“Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one step away from each person he or she knows and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is an average of six "steps" away from each person on Earth “.

So my task I set myself all those years ago was to connect myself with John Lennon. No easy task I can tell you. For years I’ve asked thousands of people (or kept it in the back of my mind) if there could be some path to Mr. Lennon from myself.

Today, I’ve got the link!

A friend of mine declared today that he went to school with a girl called Rachel. He later discovered that she was the daughter of a bloke called Ray Cooper a drummer. Ray cooper, worked with amongst other people George Harrison, who of course links into John Lennon.

Pierre (to),
Will (my friend), to,
Rachel (his friend) to,
Ray Cooper (her dad) to,
George Harrison (friend and professional relationship) to
John Lennon !

Mission over ;-)

Back of the Net!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/more_or_less/5176698.stm
http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ray_Cooper.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Cooper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  17:57:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm conneted to peter hain,...
I know a copper who
knows a copper who
Knows a copper wno
knows a copper.......

Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2008 :  19:22:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tarkus -

Pierre - The 6th member of The Beatles.
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  06:41:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pierre,

..Today, I’ve got the link!

Nasa Sends Beatles To Aliens.

The Beatles' peace anthem Across the Universe is being beamed into outer space by scientists at Nasa.

An avid fan (Pierre???) persuaded the US space agency to do it to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the song's release.
If all goes according to plan, Nasa will transmit the Beatles tune via its deep space network at Midnight GMT.
Former Beatle Paul McCartney, who beamed his first intergalactic concert to the International Space Station in 2005, congratulated Nasa and asked them to pass on his regards to anyone else out there.
"Amazing! Well done, NASA!" he said in a statement released by the space agency.
"Send my love to the aliens. All the best, Paul."
Meanwhile, back on Earth day trippers to the European City of Culture 2008, Liverpool can spend the night in a newly opened Beatles-themed hotel.
The Hard Days Night Hotel has 110 rooms set in the heart of the Beatles Quarter in the city of their birth. It's situated a stone's throw from the Cavern Club, where it all began for the Fab Four.
The four star boutique establishment has two luxury Lennon and McCartney suites.
The Lennon room is all in white, featuring a white baby grand piano and giant pictures of the Late Beatle. The McCartney suite contains no leather in recognition of Macca's celebrity vegetarian status and has a suit of armour on display, a nod to Sir Paul's knighthood.

http://itn.co.uk/news/e5682aaab9fc9c69cbeb13fd8c4cb6b9.html
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  06:58:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Beatles Song Beamed into Space Invites Armageddon.
By The Specious Report.

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently learned of the U.S. Space Agency's plan to transmit Beatles music from a satellite antenna directly into outer space on Monday, February 4th. And I am outraged.

The song NASA plans to broadcast, Across the Universe, was written in 1968 and is considered by many to be a peace activist anthem. If there is intelligent life on some distant planet, is this really the message we want to send?
What if the recipients of this signal are a hostile race of beings, bent on dominating the galaxy? This anti-war ballad could relay the impression that we are weak and submissive, and that Earth would be easy prey for an attacking force.
I am convinced the world would be better served if NASA chose a more representative example from the band. It is imperative the song be from an earlier period, when The Beatles featured a more solid and forceful rhythm. Such a strong, forceful drum beat would serve as a universal warning that Earth presents a vigorous and formidable challenge to those who might threaten us.

Again, I can't stress enough the importance of NASA using a Beatles song recorded prior to August 1962.

Sincerely,
Pete Best.

http://www.thespeciousreport.com/news.aspx?newsnum=7070146
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  07:54:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rock On Ringo
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  07:48:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indian Guru Maharishi Yogi Dies.

The Maharishi, thought to have been 91 years old, died in his sleep on Tuesday evening at his home in the Netherlands.
He introduced the Transcendental Meditation movement to the West in 1959, with the intention of creating individual peace and enlightenment.
By the time of his death, it had grown into a multi-million dollar empire.

The Maharishi announced his retirement and retreat into silence at his home in Vlodrop last month, saying his work was done and that he wanted to dedicate his remaining days to studying ancient Hindu Vedas texts.
"He had been saying he had done what he set out to do," his spokesman, Bob Roth, told the Associated Press.
Mr Roth said the Maharishi died peacefully in his sleep at around 1900 (1800 GMT), due to "natural causes - his age".
Born in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, the Maharishi trained as a physicist before devoting himself to spiritual enlightenment.
After studying in the Himalayas under Guru Dev during the 1940s and 1950s, he spread the teachings of transcendental meditation throughout the world.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Mia Farrow, Heathrow airport London, 24 Jan 1968.

Based on the theory and practice of yoga, transcendental meditation involves a mental technique that can reportedly be easily learnt and practised by anyone to reach a "state of pure consciousness" and gain deep rest.
By repeating in the mind a Sanskrit mantra, a short word or phrase, a practitioner is supposedly able to find deep relaxation, which in turn leads to enhanced inner joy, vitality, and creativity.
"Don't fight darkness. Bring the light, and darkness will disappear," the Maharishi said in an interview in 2006, repeating one of his own mantras.
The Maharishi introduced the technique to the US in 1959, but it did not become widely known in the West until 1968, when the Beatles travelled to India to meditate with him, although the band famously later fell out with him.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi with the Beatles in 1968.

Despite this, transcendental meditation's 20-minute routine came to be widely used in the worlds of education, business and welfare to reduce stress and improve concentration, eventually building a following of five million people.
Donations and the $2,500 (£1,270) fee to learn the technique helped finance the construction of Peace Palaces, or meditation centres, in dozens of cities around the world, as well as several universities.
After decades of teaching, the Maharishi unveiled plans to use the power of group meditation to create world peace and end poverty.
In 1990, he moved into 200-room mansion in the southern Dutch village of Vlodrop. Concerned about his fragile health, he secluded himself in two rooms, speaking only by video link even to his closest advisers in the same building.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7229597.stm
Go to Top of Page

gatekeeper

335 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  08:03:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
he secluded himself in two rooms, speaking only by video link even to his closest advisers in the same building.

Looks like he had the same issues with communication that a not so far away local council got

Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  09:46:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'v tried meditating i stared at a bottle of orange juice for three hours and nothing happend.(well it did say concentrate on the lable)
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  10:06:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tarkus

I'v tried meditating i stared at a bottle of orange juice for three hours and nothing happend.(well it did say concentrate on the lable)

Did you have it connected to the telly, Mate?
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  10:22:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No on the kitchen counter
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  09:38:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beatles asked To Refuse Israeli Invitation.

PSC - Over 40 Human Rights organizations from around the world who campaign for peace and justice for the Palestinian people sent an open letter to the surviving Beatles, Ringo Starr and Sir Paul McCartney, and to the families of George Harrison and John Lennon, asking them not to accept any invitation to join in this year's 60th Anniversary celebration of the birth of the state of Israel, [otherwise known as Al Nakba – the Disaster.] An invitation was delivered last week by the Israeli ambassador to Britain, Ron Prosor, during a visit to the Beatles Museum in Liverpool.

More:-
http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2396&Itemid=28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.