Page: of 2

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  15:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Below posted on behalf of Himalayan Scout:

"HOW RUBBISHED IS MY VALLEY"

While walking up past St James' Reservoir this morning I came across this load of rubbish.Obviously it was not tipped by a fly. More like a Juggernaut.
I am not venting out my anger, but my disgust at the person or persons who has done this.
There is as much rubbish being dumped on the mountainside as was dumped on the ash tips years ago.
I shall be walking that area again next week.
I wonder will it have been removed?

Regards,
Himalayan Scout

butch

United Kingdom
1770 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  17:12:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a pic of this disgusting rubbish two weeks ago, but I don't know how to put it it on the forum.whoever dumped it, must have come from the Ebbw Vale side of the mountain. As you probably know no vehicles, with the exception of motor bikes can no longer access the area. Whoever the scumbags are they certainly went out of their way to commit this filthy mess.
Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  18:52:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a very likely possibility Butch seeing that there are 3 very large stones and a kissing gate across the pathway on the Tredegar side.
Noticed also that there was a lot of rubbish scattered along the grass verge on the mountain road leading over to halfway house Ebbw Vale, from the Georgetown and the Sirhowy hill end.
Coupled with all the other problems we have in Tredegar (irresponsible parking, inadequate street lighting,littered streets, dog fouling)
Our town is in one hell of a mess!
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1296 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  19:20:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is easier to dump in the countryside rather than putting a bin out or carting your rubbish to a collection centre?
It is impossible to understand their mentality.
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1496 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  20:11:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am far from excusing them but our council has limits to what will be collected or left at their depot.
In this age of digital devices a few cameras on road to mountain should be fitted. Judging by the number fitted by Cardiff Council they must be really low-cost
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1770 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  22:37:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid that while the local authority are inspecting every black bag you take up the skip it going to keep on happening. I would suggest it's a case of penny wise Pound foolish.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

395 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  08:49:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really disgusting it seems to me that a lot of people have no pride in the areas they live .It makes you wonder what our areas are going to end up like .There is no excuse for this as there are ways to get rid of unwanted rubbish but we seem to be living in a very lazy society.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

620 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  10:14:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I keep saying this but I think that the streets are more littered than they used to be when we was recycling in bags.The recycling lorry is dropping lots of rubbish has they are emptying the recycling bins.I always got to clean up outside my house and up the street after they have been on a Monday.Bring back the coloured bags I say.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1565 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  10:44:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you report fly-tipping to the council they will remove it, or they have when I've reported it, if done online you can send photos of the rubbish too, it seems to be getting worse, the pigs that dump their rubbish probably don't recycle and I agree with Keanjo why drive miles to dump your rubbish on a mountainside when you can put it out for collection, they don't take it to the dump because it has recyclables in it I'm guessing. Sadly they rarely get caught
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

907 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2019 :  13:55:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a sad, disgusting sight, obviously that was dumped using a vehicle. Couldn't they have just simply drove to the skip. Maybe if the rubbish was searched some identity could be found as they don't to have appeared to be recycling anything. Hope the council finds out who did this and fines them accordingly, perhaps litter picking for 1 year without pay and wearing a jacket stating 'paying the community back for being a fly tipper'
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  20:31:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Blaenau Gwent council should put more local drop off points for refuge like they do in places like Spain. Saying that there is no excuse for dumping stuff like they did. Also remember if you pay somebody to take rubbish away to check their licence, as if its dumped, you will get the fine!

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1296 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  20:37:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pierre , the drop off points in Spain are great but the Spanish Authorities empty them every morning. Would BGBG do that?
Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2019 :  20:07:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y9Z_JVzqfBZXxS2Hm-L0f2VTYwKkkpcH/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wqrWsYUi0mxX3pwqAh-qwY76p2GSuHnn/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jR-9NZKbneijXTXrQewnhmL-hi1G3u0T/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E0NMhXOUDuxGjzMqfgMdQmKmqNoqBDQU/view?usp=sharing
A few more photos of rubbish being dumped between the Tredegar to
E/Vale mountain road via the Dummon & St Jame's reservoir which I came across on Monday.The majority of rubbish contained various items of household waste and furnishings.
The rubbish items which i posted last week still remains.
Perhaps next week I may even come across the kitchen sink.
It certainly would not surprise me.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1565 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  11:31:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good few years ago we used to get a skip at the end of the street, put there by the council for a few days, not sure if someone had to request it or if the council just put it there randomly, it worked well and I'm sure stopped some fly-tipping.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2019 :  13:46:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many more thanks goes to "Himalayan Scout" for images of the issues.
Terrible

Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2019 :  13:39:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let the forum know that I have forwarded these photos onto a local councillor and also e mailed info@blaenau-gwent.gov.uk with a request for these rubbish dumps to be removed from what was once a beautiful scenic route to walk.
Taking ddraigs advice on reporting this matter, in the hope that BGBC will make a positive response to my request.Thanks ddraig

Edited by - Himalayan Scout on 14/03/2019 13:47:58
Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2019 :  15:30:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received a reply today from (blaenau-gwent.gov.uk) regarding the request put forward by a local councillor and myself, to clean up the rubbish on our mountainside.
I have been informed that a team will be going out to the various sites to investigate,and hopefully find some evidence as to the perpetrators of this fly-tipping.
However,BGBC have also informed me that they are not responsible for clearing the rubbish as they do not own the land in that area.
BGBC will inform the landowner,whose responsibility it is to clear those rubbished sites.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1770 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2019 :  22:52:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no excuse for this outrageous littering, looking at the areas where this is happening is probably no more than a mile from the amenities skips. I Know that vans must pay to tip, but cars are free. My point being, the majority of the rubbish could be taken by car and disposed of legally. It's a no brained, but perhaps that where the problem lies!! NO BRAINS.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1770 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2019 :  23:09:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forestry commission are responsible for the wooded area, the agency that blocked the roadway off, must be responsible for that area. I don't know who own the mountain, except that I think its common grazing land. So good luck to B. G. sorting this little lot out. I certainly hope they are successful on all counts.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1296 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2019 :  17:52:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Himalayan scout,you have to be careful accusing people on the basis of a named nv e n

Have to careful accusing someone on the basis of a named envelope or letter.A friend of mine was of tipping on that basis but managed to convince the Authority that he hadnít been in the area .someone was trying to frame him

Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2019 :  18:14:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keanjo

Himalayan scout,you have to be careful accusing people on the basis of a named nv e n

Have to careful accusing someone on the basis of a named envelope or letter.A friend of mine was of tipping on that basis but managed to convince the Authority that he hadnít been in the area .someone was trying to frame him
Keanjo I am sure you will appreciate the fact that i am not going to scrummage through the rubbish.
That I assume is upto BGBC or perhaps even the landowner.
Plus the fact I really don't understand what it is you are implying?

Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1296 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2019 :  05:51:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not implying anything HS ,just pointing out what happened to a friend of mine.
Go to Top of Page

dutchjohn

Netherlands
1363 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2019 :  11:45:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

While walking up past St James' Reservoir this morning I came across this load of rubbish.Obviously it was not tipped by a fly. More like a Juggernaut.
I am not venting out my anger, but my disgust at the person or persons who has done this.
There is as much rubbish being dumped on the mountainside as was dumped on the ash tips years ago.

Regards,
Himalayan Scout

Go to Top of Page

dutchjohn

Netherlands
1363 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2019 :  11:51:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pierre

Hi Pierre
long time since I,ve visited this forum , hope your well , that photo says it all its discusting but I,ll bet you theres a clue in it all , about the person or persons responsible in it all just needs someone with a good pair of gloves and a strong nose to sift through it , they will find a clue there I,m sure , the image of all that rubbish is bad enough , what kind of idiot does that ?? well I hope they are caught and made to pay for the clean up and possible damage , this never happened in years gone by
take care have a good 2019 Dutchjohn

Regards,
Himalayan Scout

Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  22:54:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my walkabout Monday morning all the fly-tipped piles of rubbish posted on the forum some weeks ago are still as they were, but with two new additions.
However, there was some consolation in as much that along the pathway adjacent to St James's reservoir another barrier has been put in place, which makes it virtually impossible to fly-tip from the Tredegar end.
No doubt there will be more rubbish dumped along that route before any of it is removed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AHRdAPWbTzDbC218Z7AnDDPAQd007ga5
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10xt8TVp4O2y0xMANByJrYvRlBwO44YZY
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WCYC7sBBl084476JGko3XHVHZGlT7via
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nwl2VRAtaqhYDhJyvJ5px1N3SdtWau9M

Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

271 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2019 :  10:23:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BGBC has informed me that Your report of fly-tipping has been investigated and assessed as located on Private Land. Blaenau Gwentís Environmental Health Team is currently pursuing its clearance with the land owner. During our investigation we were unable to find evidence of a potential culprit and the case is now closed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.