Evans in Sirhowy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blueseric

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2019 :  19:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wish to find out if I have any remaining family in Sirhowy.Family left in the 1930's to find out work in the Rugby-Coventry area and this was a large 'Evans' family.The children were Colin,Ralph,Brian,Melvin and Enid,Lorna,Millie and possibly more.Should anybody have any clues....I am the son of Wilfred Evans.....the youngest of this family,

dalex41

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2019 :  16:51:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Warren Bosley from Sirhowy who married Enid (nee Evans ) from Scwrfa and they moved to the Coventry area to work. They have relatives still living in Sirhowy.
Go to Top of Page

Blueseric

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2019 :  10:33:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an excellent response.......Thanks, I am truly grateful.Have you any idea how I could contact these apparrent family members?I can well remember my Aunt Enid......who lived in Rugby and am certain that the sir-name ' Bosley'is correct.I actually have lived back in Wales for 42 years,although from Coventry and my wife is Welsh speaking.....but I am so very keen to
find out who I may be related - to from South Wales.......given that I am now 68,Incidently,
we live in Holyhead on Anglesey.It would be a real dream to contact any living relatives from the area.....Once again Thanks......so much. John Evans
Go to Top of Page

dalex41

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  17:08:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know of at least one member of the Bosley family still living in Sirhowy her name is Glenys Williams (nee Anthony) whose mother was a sister to Glyn & Warren Bosley. She lives in Beaufort Road and is on Facebook. I will try and get her contact details for you.

quote:
Originally posted by Blueseric

What an excellent response.......Thanks, I am truly grateful.Have you any idea how I could contact these apparrent family members?I can well remember my Aunt Enid......who lived in Rugby and am certain that the sir-name ' Bosley'is correct.I actually have lived back in Wales for 42 years,although from Coventry and my wife is Welsh speaking.....but I am so very keen to
find out who I may be related - to from South Wales.......given that I am now 68,Incidently,
we live in Holyhead on Anglesey.It would be a real dream to contact any living relatives from the area.....Once again Thanks......so much. John Evans

Go to Top of Page

Blueseric

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2019 :  16:40:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again.......Thank you for your sterling efforts.....my name is John and I would be very happy for you to give me your name...this type of communication is best 'unformalised' and I would be very happy if your efforts can turn up some contact details.What a nice person.
Cheers, John.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.