Tredegar Mentioned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2019 :  18:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just watching the local regional news and Tredegar appeared on a caption for rainfall. The region Iím in is West Midlands!
Have you moved.
Apparently the rain washing down from Tredegar is causing a slow down on river drainage in England. I donít think the forecaster knew much about her geography.
Still set my heart alight.
I wonít try to produce an accurate phonic pronunciation of the town.

djholly
Advanced Member

798 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2019 :  18:53:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly they are not weather forecasters but weather script readers.
Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  07:38:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just sitting watching Tolkien: Designer of Worlds, when up pops the word Tredegar. As a young boy after moving to Birmingham he saw strange names on the sides of railway trucks. Tredegar being one of them. Discovering Welsh, introduced him to a new world of languages. So which part of Tolkienís work includes Tredegar?
He was a creative academic and used his lifeís experiences to write and produce language and ideas. He created characters associated with these imaginative worlds and how they interacted with each other.
I well remember Gareth James, Jamock to all, raving about Tolkienís work. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion. I wish Iíd paid closer attention to Jamock earlier than I did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.