New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  02:13:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any knowledge of the Lippiard family, are there any Lippiards still living in the town? I used to know a Roger Lippiard when I was a youngster but lost track of him many many years ago. Whilst going through some family history records recently I discovered that the Lippiard family were loosely connected to my Grandfatherís side of the family and just wondered if there are any still around? Thanks !

milkman

United Kingdom
1446 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  12:19:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Titch, There was a Ray Lippiard at Earl St with me. He lived at top end of Queen St.(so he would have been born in 1932ish)
Havent seen him in very many years
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  13:37:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks milkman, the Lippiard I knew I think, lived in Union St, but canít remember where Union St is now. The Lippiard I was thinking about would have been born in around 1945, or thereabouts! Must also check the Lippiard from way back mentioned on one of the earlier Census or possibly the 1939 register. When I get home from Scotland.

butch

United Kingdom
1708 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2020 :  16:12:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Titch, I knew the Roger Lipiard that you are enquiring about. Roger was a very smart, tall, blond athletic chap. Unfortunately he passed away about twenty years ago. I'm sorry I could not give better news. Anyway, I hope you and your family are keeping well.
Regards, Butch.
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  03:36:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for the information about Roger, Butch, so sad, he was quite young when he passed away probably mid 50ís. Your description of him is as I remember him. Was I correct in saying he lived in Union St in his youth?
Weíve been away in St Andrews for the past 3 weeks and just returned to NI on Wed evening. Both shattered after looking after the Grandchildren whilst our Daughter and Son in Law moved into their new house. (Christmas Eve!) Heading back for another 2 week stint in 3rd week of January.
Hope you and yours are well, and again thanks for the information, all the best for 2020. G
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2020 :  00:57:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone heard of Union St? Or is my memory playing tricks on me (again)
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1708 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2020 :  12:46:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Titch, no your memory is ok. Union Street wasn't far from your old home.i. If you go past Barclays Bank, towards Cefn Golau, travel about a hundred yards, there is a sharp right hand turn, up to Union Street, adgacent to the turning up Queen street. The Gwalia steam bakery was on the corner leading up to Union street, and the Tredegar Town Band room was on top of Union street.
Titch, please let me know if understood all that gogglygook. Butch.
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2020 :  14:42:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Youíre absolutely correct Butch, itís all coming back to me now, I had an e mail from my old friend Bob and he reminded me about Roger. I remembered Union St from the other end ie Red Lion sq, and also remember the Band Room. Bob canít remember Roger living in Union St though, I can vividly recall Union St being a row of terraced houses, Roger lived in one that had a dark green painted front door and window frames, Bob can only remember him living in Waundeg, so it could have been a relative Roger regularly visited in Union St. It was an awfully long time ago and memories play tricks, especially at my age!!! I wonder if the Ray Lippiard Milkman knew was related to Roger especially when he refers to Queen St?
Thanks for your comments,
Good to hear from you, keep well!
G
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
491 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  02:08:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really testing my memory now, I seem to remember allotments being located at the back of the band room somewhere in the mid to late 50ís? I think they were later converted into a pound for horses / sheep!, or is my memory playing tricks again?

By the way is Union St still there?

milkman

United Kingdom
1446 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2020 :  14:32:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely right and behind those was a set of pigstyes owned by Isaac Newton. (N not the mathematician).
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2020 :  20:32:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I new Ray Lippiard he was in the technical school when I was there a good athlete , He won the Victor Ludorum the year I was there 1944 Lost track of him afterwards.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.