New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theclock
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  11:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is a procedure in place for putting in a repeat prescription at bottom surgery. and collection also collection of medicines from pharmacy

Howie1966

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  14:13:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
last i heard. access to the bottom surgery is by appointment only. So you need to ring first
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2111 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  14:24:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mother is a patient of the bottom surgery & has a continuous repeat prescription (blister pack) from Nelson chemist which I pick up every month but I went to get it on sat & was told because it's a blister pack I would have to get it from the top surgery pharmacie until further notice. Entry to the top pharmacie is through the side door on Market Street.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  17:23:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took my repeats into Simon Nelson's Chemist, they kindly took them to the bottom surgery for me, and I picked them up from Nelson's a few days later. I couldn't fault them.
Go to Top of Page

hawkeye
Advanced Member

295 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2020 :  23:37:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take your repeat prescription to surgery but write on it your choice of pharmacy. Post in surgery letterbox and then pick up medication from chosen pharmacy in 3 days.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
250 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2020 :  08:32:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also both pharmacies have a new policy of only one person at a time are allowed in.
Go to Top of Page

cilcainkid

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2020 :  16:54:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know if pharmacies are still delivering repeat prescriptions to their customers who usually have these delivered
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2329 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2020 :  19:28:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nelsons delivered ours today
Go to Top of Page

cilcainkid

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  10:33:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for this information
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2329 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2020 :  19:38:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as I'm having vertigo attacks again a family member had to collect an urgent prescription from Nelsons - the system this afternoon was to queue up outside and the staff came out to write down your names so they could pack up your meds and bring them out to you - there has been a lot of people waiting even before they opened - I don't know if they'll continue doing that but worth bearing in mind.
Go to Top of Page

theclock
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2020 :  10:27:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ordered repeat prescription from bottom surgery via telephone, Nelsons collected script to take to pharmacy. Eventually got through to Nelsons hopefully they will deliver next week, they are under pressure. Both surgery and Nelsons very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13699 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  19:08:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The queue outside Boots yesterday at one stage meant a 1h 40 min wait.
I'm going to take chair and a flask with me!

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1405 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2020 :  21:40:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter in law waited two and a half hours for a prescription in a village near Gower.
Go to Top of Page

heffalump

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  18:33:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please can anyone give me any information about getting prescriptions delivered?

My parents are both over 70 with underlying health problems and I am also trying not to go out as I have several health conditions myself. I really donít want to risk standing in a long queue and would happily pay for us to have delivery. I appreciate how busy the pharmacy staff are so I am hoping that some here who uses the service might be able to give me some more information about how this service works.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
250 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  19:57:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you look for the topic, "coronavirus-help for local people", on this forum they will collect the prescription for you.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13699 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  20:09:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by heffalump

Please can anyone give me any information about getting prescriptions delivered?

My parents are both over 70 with underlying health problems and I am also trying not to go out as I have several health conditions myself. I really donít want to risk standing in a long queue and would happily pay for us to have delivery. I appreciate how busy the pharmacy staff are so I am hoping that some here who uses the service might be able to give me some more information about how this service works.

Hello, are the prescriptions at a pharmacy and if so which one or do you need to pick it up?

Go to Top of Page

heffalump

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2020 :  21:14:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for your replies, very helpful. They are not actually due yet, I am just trying to get organised well in advance.

I would not take advantage of asking anyone to get them as I feel there are folk out there who need that service far more than I do.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

cilcainkid

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2020 :  12:33:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bottom surgery has a post bag over the letter box on the front door to put repeat prescription in
I order my repeat prescription using the on line set up with the bottom surgery
it is picked up by the top dispensary (health centre)
They deliver to the over 70's and those in the at risk category
I had mine delivered yesterday no problems
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
239 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  12:04:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am staying 70 mile away with no one to collect my prescription or medication and post to me, how do I get them without travelling when told to stay where I am.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  17:11:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about pigeon post. Seriously Nineteen, I realise it's a long way to drive, but, if you really need your prescription, you are quite entitled to travel to get it. On the down side, if you've not yet put it into the surgery, it takes several days to dispense.good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.