New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

sailor
Advanced Member

407 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  11:21:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooopppps sorry folks age waits for no man, try this it should cheer you up,but be careful out there listen to My friends daughter as she sings us a song,Cardiff girls can sing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=gsQobvqWPus
Go to Top of Page

sailor
Advanced Member

407 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  11:40:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well I tried. https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=gsQobvqWPus
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1497 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2020 :  11:56:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, shame sailor, still if you find it post it on the covid 19, cloud-collector post/thread, nicer page
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2020 :  11:37:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, india has a population of 1.35 billion with only 700 odd dead because of the kung-flu?. looks like they haven't been altering the death figures to ramp up hysteria. and their first victim was a 76 year old who after a 8hr flight travelled by car for over 4hrs to get home (a journey that would knock the stuffing out of anyone regardless of age).
Go to Top of Page

mrdojob

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2020 :  13:10:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll be interesting to see what might happen with council tax on second or empty homes here after the Welsh government announced today that they're effectively barring people from visiting them regardless of the reasons.

I currently have a house that is empty but a condition of my insurence is that I check on it weekly. In cases like mine I think the rules might have to be broken.

The reasoning behind it seems soundI should in theory but the practicalities and evidence it spreads the virus is another.

Edited by - mrdojob on 24/04/2020 13:12:37
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2020 :  15:29:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just an addition to my post above. india have a population of 1.35 billion, with 700 odd deaths so that's a death rate of 1 in 2,000,000. now rural india has poor sanitation in places, overcrowding and a struggling public transport that again suffers from mass overcrowding.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2020 :  16:30:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
london mayor sadiq khan has highlighted how ol'covid has disproportionately affected BAME (black, asian & minority ethnic) communities?. um, let me guess. maybe because britain's open door policy to migration has introduced people who come from warmer climates that don't have the immune system to deal with cold's and flu's. just a guess though.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2020 :  23:39:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://youtu.be/PN97uvtyeOs
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1497 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2020 :  10:34:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You keep listening to "doctors" (who flog suppliments, says it all!) all he's saying is "I'm all right jack, sod you if you're old, infirm, or have medical issues, I'm losing money, get back to work"
You can't have it all ways, you quote Indian death rates and then you rather xenophobically have a go at the so called
quote:
britain's open door policy to migration

you also said
quote:
flu deaths in italy each year reveals that between 2013-17 68,000 reported deaths.

that's less than 14000 per year, Italy has over 26,000 deaths from covid-19 in less than three months.
Maybe this would help
https://newsthump.com/2020/04/24/domestos-launches-new-patriot-smoothie-for-trump-supporters/
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2020 :  12:51:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if your'e referring to president donald trump's remarks on disinfecting then watch the entire video, but as usual people jump on any remark to undermine him. he was talking about the use of uv and heat to disinfect blood as a treatment, and was asking a question to the adviser that was present at his briefing. yes he said disinfectant, but never once mentioned bleach or any other household product. back to the sniffles, your'e obviously happy with these new guidelines and the way the government is treating it's people so please carry on. the reality is any death through any number of respiratory conditions are being regarded as covid deaths. by the way the italy death rate is interesting, using your own facts in 2016/17 there were 24,981. so the 26,000 deaths this year is a slight increase.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1497 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2020 :  15:42:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure it is, if the year ends in April, and "my facts"??? You said there were 68000 deaths from flu in five years, that's approx 14000 per year, where on earth did you make up 24,981 ?

Edited by - ddraig on 26/04/2020 15:49:42
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2020 :  16:28:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
68,000 is total deaths over that time period. The average is 14,000. One year was 7,000 another year was 24,000.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2020 :  19:51:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I've stated over many years our government are heading towards a privatised health service. As I write this bbc1 are showing "has the government failed the NHS". Hire some actors, give em a script and lights, camera action. The government hate the NHS & intentionally starve it of funds to create a fabricated panic.
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2020 :  20:35:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know djholly doesn’t care too much about facts getting in the way of his opinions but a visit to the Office for National Statistics site will inform him that in the UK 79% of health care is paid for through public revenues,mainly taxation,and this is one of the highest figures of the 25 OECD countries..Norway is top at 85%.This means that although our total spending per capita on health care is lower than some other countries (and we are now spending more in real terms,than ever before) government spending is one of the highest.
I know this won’t change djh’s mind in the least ...but then,what would?
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  06:55:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, using the ONS (as you have) by leaving the eu we the people of the uk are saving anything from 22-30 million pounds every day (20 billion per year is the theoretical liability which after being offset with funds returned in grants to public/private sectors). so after leaving the eu where's all this money going to?. explain how taxes are collected again?, and from who?.
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  10:33:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It amuses me that our two contrarians on this forum claim:
1seawolf86 :the government is fabricating a virus epidemic to save the NHS
2 djholly: the government is fabricating a virus epidemic to destroy the NHS
You couldn’t write the script,could you?!

Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  10:56:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's the beauty of an opinion. my opinion is the government want's the NHS to be privatised. they want a system like the usa has, you'll need to take out your'e own medical insurance. by the way how many people do you see wearing masks in public?, maybe 1 in 250 people?. is 1 person right and the rest wrong? (please don't mention a shortage of masks as that's a fabrication also).
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  12:38:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All opinions are not beautiful nor,indeed of equal value.If you have a lump on your arm-or breast- you go to a doctor not a lawyer or a milkman.Especially,worthwhile opinions need to be factually based and take what evidence is available into account.I see you cherry picking information and wilfully ignoring facts that don’t suit your purpose.
Referring-still- to the virus as the “sniffles” when a small % of cases (but it seems about 6-8000 “ extra” deaths) result in a fatal illness hardly enables the rest of us to describe your opinion as beautiful.... rather as foolishly insensitive.
As I suspect many will think,this stream now seems to be serving little purpose.So I wish you good health,say goodbye,and look forward to a gradual return of some semblance of normality.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  13:28:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about this little cherry :- https://www.flightradar24.com/54.24,8.61/4 . the uk and most of europe, if not the world on lockdown but have a look at flights around the world (in a pressurised environment no less).
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  13:45:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another cherry for you, the NHS is under strain dealing with the sniffles and countless dead mounting up every day. yet miraculously they have time to make videos of nurses and doctors dancing and posting these videos online. do they seem upset with all the death around them?, did they perform the routines once and it went perfect or had mishaps and started over at the beginning?. or could it be because in reality they are not as busy as the media tells us. there's hardly any traffic around (less road accidents) hardly anyone in work (no workplace accidents), but still people must go outside and ave' a bit of a clap at 8?. pathetic, how would you feel if a loved one was in the same hospital (with a heart condition or worse) and the doctors/nurses were releasing a video dancing in the hallways?.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  16:21:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djholly

Interesting - https://youtu.be/T69vHwovgcI

What a hoot ! This should have been in the Jokes and Humour category. Surely no-one is expected to take this seriously (though, incredibly, some have swallowed it, judging from the comments). It's got to be a spoof, taking the mickey out of these outlandish ideas. I mean, giants? Mis-quoted scripture verses? Flat earth?

Actually, that reference to a flat earth is the little clue that tells us it's a spoof. Remember djholly said he believes in a flat earth but we didn't take him seriously. He's too intelligent to believe that and we know he said it for ironic effect. Just like this YouTube clip does.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  18:33:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure you pop out at 8 tonight and have a good ol' clap. My belief on another topic has no relevance to my posts above, to mention them only shows how desperate you are to discredit/undermine my replies. Don't forget 8pm, otherwise you don't support the NHS.
Go to Top of Page

garyw

75 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  18:33:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Djholly
I really wanted to finish with this stream but your last comments were so full of spite and nonsense that I ask you the following
1 Are you seriously suggesting that hundreds of thousands of NHS staff,including two of my own family,are colluding in a fantastic fabrication of lies and deceit?
2If that’s so wouldn’t you have expected just a few whistleblowers?Where are they?
3Do you hold such a terribly low opinion of NHS staff as to believe them capable of such deception?
4Similar lockdowns with comparable rates of infection and deaths have been implemented widely.Are the health workers in these countries all part of your idiotic conspiracy?
Go to Top of Page

rhyd boy
Advanced Member

New Zealand
166 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  19:45:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flat earth society has branches right around the globe. That kind of sums up the comments of djholly. at the moment the alt-right are infecting social networks in an attempt to stir up discontent. Unfortunately, this forum, which a lot of people from Tredegar visit in order to keep in touch has become the platform for a few stirrers who would like to cause trouble, there is little point in engaging with stupidity---best ignored.
quote:
Originally posted by nutandboltdarlo

quote:
Originally posted by djholly

Interesting - https://youtu.be/T69vHwovgcI

What a hoot ! This should have been in the Jokes and Humour category. Surely no-one is expected to take this seriously (though, incredibly, some have swallowed it, judging from the comments). It's got to be a spoof, taking the mickey out of these outlandish ideas. I mean, giants? Mis-quoted scripture verses? Flat earth?

Actually, that reference to a flat earth is the little clue that tells us it's a spoof. Remember djholly said he believes in a flat earth but we didn't take him seriously. He's too intelligent to believe that and we know he said it for ironic effect. Just like this YouTube clip does.

Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2020 :  20:48:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flat earth has branches around the GLOBE. Priceless
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.