covid-19. p2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2020 :  23:42:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here it is - appendix B point 2 mentions "use media to increase sense of personal threat."
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/882722/25-options-for-increasing-adherence-to-social-distancing-measures-22032020.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3CEjVOzfBxhnW5zHvDXRNFwU4zFNIjLrWBemnZOTEfj8rbHh_erwTtsF4

Edited by - Cae on 02/06/2020 23:43:30
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  11:32:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
easy now cae, you don't want to called a conspiracy nut on this site. the minutes above are really interesting. 7 for instance coercion, they state that 64% of adults would approve of putting london in lock-down. they only mention in the reference guide at the end that the 64% was conducted out of less than 4,000 people polled on a channel 5 survey held on march 19TH. that's right those deciding on and creating models/guidelines for our well-being are basing conclusions on a channel 5 poll. that in itself is unbelievable, but out of those 2,560 who would approve, where do they live?. now if i was asked about locking london down (as i live in south wales) i'd say yes as it doesn't affect me.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  13:55:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah well if anyone thinks it's a conspiracy they'd be accusing the Government and SAGE as it's their own official documents! If anyone hasn't read them it's well worth a read as I said- they are official SAGE documents - they didn't want them released but the current court case application by Simon Dolan has made them available for public scrutiny- the Government initially refused to release them but last week they did a U turn and we can now view them.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1296 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  14:18:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was Boris really Iíll or was it all part of the Ď weríre all in it togetherí campaign ?
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2020 :  15:50:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly I've got no idea - I'm 50-50 on it - at the start of all this we knew nothing and I just went along with it - partly because I have M.E. but also until I and others did their own digging- and I mean info from highly qualified experts- medics, professors etc- not conspiracy folk.
What was concerning was that these genuine experts are often having their interviews pulled off the internet - by people like the army's 77th Brigade- yes I'm afraid they are genuine and official - some of you may know their previous title of the Security Assistance Group. They are tasked with tracing and removing "disinformation" which has often come from medics, doctors etc who have vast experience of working with virus, patient outcomes etc. Instead of welcoming their help anything that doesn't comply with the Govt's stance on Covid or lockdown is just removed- and thankfully there's a lot of people busy putting them back up again!
Some people may have scoffed at DJ Holly's use of the word "Coercion" but I'm very sorry to say it's not his choice of words- it comes from one of the official documents.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1563 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  10:40:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saying, Simon Dolan is a multi-millionaire who doesn't live in the UK, has filed a high court challenge against Englands lockdown rules, isn't paying for it himself but through crowdfunding (savvy move) and seems to be more worried about his businesses than anything or anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  13:35:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know who he is but I'm grateful that his challenge has at the very least let us see the documents from the SAGE group that have been advising / deciding on the "lock-up" - the Govt have back-tracked saying they've been released as they welcome transparency- but the meetings began in March and even earlier last month they point blank refused to let us see the minutes of the meetings. It's only now due to the legal challenge that we've been granted access.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2020 :  19:21:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8396209/Actor-Tony-Robinson-slams-government-manslaughter-care-home-deaths.html
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  15:44:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some will but most won't, anyways - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsyNB95ljY
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2020 :  13:06:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankfully couples in Wales can start seeing each other again from next Monday! And thank goodness it's the full extended household rules so you don't need to be living alone to qualify. What has me shaking my head in bewilderment is that in England you can stay overnight BUT MUST MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING!! What the ???!!! That nonsense doesn't apply in Wales so couples you can cwtch again from Monday!!!!
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

204 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2020 :  14:31:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In England social distancing is reduced to 1 meter. Which I think is way to risky. 1.2 meters sounds more appropriate. Does anybody take this bullsh*t still seriously?
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2020 :  14:47:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
27 police injured in one weekend due to black lives matter march which was "a mostly peaceful" event according to the government, thousands go to beaches over the weekend and it's "a disgrace and selfish act". looks like covid knows where a counties border is also, pubs can open in england but stay shut in scotland and wales??.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2020 :  20:16:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well things could get a bit tuff from now on in. Face masks to be mandatory in shops in Wales from tomorrow (14-09-2020). Wish they would make the same rules across Britain, I don't know if I'm coming or going....

I know two people from Tredegar that had it and both were both rough. One is still having issues with it months after.

Heard an interview this morning on the radio with a professor who works in the virus detection sector, that believed next year we should hopefully see a vacation that will mail this virus.

Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  10:47:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is a consultation on the vaccine with a very short deadline of the 18th - basically if anything goes wrong or you get side-effects no-one seems liable!
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/distributing-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1563 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  11:33:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's one hell of a read, but it seems it's always been the case and it's a transference of EU law into UK law, it seems you could still sue the Government Looks like health care workers would be first in line for the vaccine (and that looks a fair way off)

Edited by - ddraig on 15/09/2020 11:34:10
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  13:47:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all big pharma's will be granted protection from future claims - https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-astrazeneca-results-vaccine-liability/astrazeneca-to-be-exempt-from-coronavirus-vaccine-liability-claims-in-most-countries-idUKKCN24V2EN . last week covid was mentioned on 1% of ALL death certificates in the uk. cases are not deaths by the way.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  13:55:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
by the way, look into 'operation moonshot'. the government want to spend tax-payers money over the next few years on testing, how much? try over £100 billion.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

204 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  19:25:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enough mask bullsh*t for me. Nobody will make me to wear one. When asked to wear I always reply breathing problems and asthma. No problems so far. Vaccines? If somebody is willing to put sh*t in their body, feel free. Me - never. We live in a world that all the knowledge of the universe is just one click away and NOBODY is speaking loudly that face mask is a joke and will never protect you from virus. It will protect (to certain extend) from dust. And pollen maybe. I'm tired of this farce. Just carry on with my life, as normal.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2350 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2020 :  23:14:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do wonder what will happen if they turn around and say the vaccine will be compulsory- I have a feeling there'll be a lot of resistance - maybe even uproar - what do others think the general reaction would be?
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  09:37:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally believe they will introduce it as voluntary at first, but in a way that you'll have no choice but to get it. That is your employer will say "it's required to get it as it protects you, colleagues and customers". Supermarkets will will require it to enter their stores, all forms of transport (buses, trains, ferries and planes). All international transport (all countries will require it before entering). They want to introduce a immunity passport so it won't be that big a step to 'adapt' that proposal for domestic purposes on the basis of controlling the virus from re-emerging. By the way flu season is not far away.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1563 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  10:39:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I WILL wear a mask, for the sake of others, not myself, not sure if it will help but hopefully, it might stop my passing the virus on. Seawolf, you are a conspiracy theorist an anti-vaxxer and maybe even a flat earther for all I know, is your name Icke by any chance?
I don't believe that vaccines will be compulsory, there will be enough take-up to stop vulnerable people getting it, it may eventually be combined with the annual flu vaccine which at the moment the earliest appointment is around mid to the end of October I've heard, so I think more people are taking up the flu vaccine this year.
I can still remember quite a few people wearing callipers as they'd had polio, you don't see it nowadays, maybe if the anti-vaxxers were around then we would still have this and many more terrible diseases.

Edited by - ddraig on 16/09/2020 10:43:49
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  13:34:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just saw that morrisons have a 'special lanyard' for those with hidden disablities and are exempt from wearing a mask while shopping. now the lanyard and card are green with YELLOW sunflowers (now many will say what a great initiative). but didn't a certain german in 1939 make it mandatory for a certain race of people to wear Yellow stars to identify them?. is that how shoppers with disabilities are to be seen?.
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  14:04:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Green and yellow are Morrisonsí corporate colours.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

393 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  18:10:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ddraig Iím with you when iv gone out not many times I may add I have had a mask on until I come back in.Why do some people think they know what is right and people that have spend years studying diseases etc donít know anything .Well a member of my family has a illness that means she has a poor immune system and she isnít of an older generation.So please everyone donít listen to theses people that they think they know better do what we all need to do to stop the spread and try and keep everyone safe.
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

792 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2020 :  22:28:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
however did we manage 10,20 or even 30 years ago when a family member was ill?. if only we had worn a mask?.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.