New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
512 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2020 :  17:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Heritage are offering DNA tests for £39 (normally £79) not sure if postage is included. Limited time offer 3 days I think. Check it out on My Heritage website Keep well everyone. G

djholly
Advanced Member

722 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  01:14:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmm, give away my genetic makeup for £40. No thanks
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  09:17:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Titch, one of my son's bought one for my wife about two years ago. When the results came back, she was surprised to learn what parts of Eoropean make up she's got, but was very surprised and pleased to find she has quite close relatives living in Tredegar. Roger Yeates, who sadly passed away a few months ago was one. I hope you and your family are safe and well. Butch.
Go to Top of Page

dwjames40

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  10:24:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Butch, so sad to hear about Roger Yeates. Stay safe
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
512 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  13:57:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad about Roger, I met him last time I was home.
Iíve known Roger for over 60yrs, his family used to keep the Greyhound at the Junction of Upper and Lower Coronation St and Iron St.
I have been able to glean a lot of contacts from DNA and therefore verify / confirm information I had on my family tree. Havenít had time to study all the intricacies and how to get the best from all the information provided.
Amazing how spread out they are all over the globe, they are mostly 2nd to 4th cousins, nothing really close other than an Uncle whom I was already in contact with.

I find it fascinating, others are very sceptical and see it as an intrusion of privacy, each to their own I suppose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.