Hedgehog rescue?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ddraig

United Kingdom
1513 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2020 :  15:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of a hedgehog rescue? we have a hoglet roaming in the day which is not good.

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2020 :  21:58:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This website may help. It says it covers Blaenau Gwent.
http://hedgehoghelplinecymru.org.uk/hedgehog-helpline/
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1513 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2020 :  11:32:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you nutandboltdarlo, that is the website I used yesterday, (the number is 07557646773 10-12 pm and 4-6 pm)
Thanks to the lady I spoke with the hoglet is now being cared for by a wonderful person who has a hedgehog rescue, the tiny hoglet I found is a female and so far she's doing well. She wouldn't have made it out in the cold.(once I'd warmed her up and fed her she curled up and went to sleep)
Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2020 :  13:04:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím pleased to hear that. Thanks for the update.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  10:38:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the hedgehog rescue,
Could we please be mindful when cutting grass that there aren't hedgehogs hiding in the long grass, they are getting many injuries in from strimmers
Please make sure you have a cd sized hole (or two) in your fence for hedgehogs to roam
Feed cat food and water (no milk)
Hedgehogs need all the help they can get at the moment, their numbers have fallen dramatically over the years.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  10:55:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ddraig,another thing to remember is to check bonfires before lighting them .Hedgehogs often nest under woodpiles.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  13:22:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Keanjo
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

382 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  10:28:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One lucky little hedgehog ddraig thankfully you found her in time and did the right things
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  10:39:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy ending ! Just another example of how useful this website is to us ( and hedgehogs) . All thanks to Pierre .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.