Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13745 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  09:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets see if I got this straight.

You can't see your family if you have already been in contact with another household, but you can meet your family at a wetherspoons in England at 6am today when it open from the first time in months after the covid-19 outbreak, to get annihilated because this is an entirely normal country.

Tell me, is it just me or has it all gone to pot ?

ddraig

United Kingdom
1514 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  10:40:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally!
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/escape-from-leicester-have-you-got-what-it-takes-play-our-game-20200630198000

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/which-covid-19-hotspot-are-you-heading-to-this-weekend-20200522196761

https://newsthump.com/2020/07/03/i-cant-wait-for-a-proper-drink-tomorrow-says-man-polishing-off-six-cans-a-night-since-march/

https://newsthump.com/2020/07/03/smokers-cant-wait-for-pubs-to-reopen-so-they-can-spend-all-night-standing-outside-on-their-own/
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  13:32:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem is as I see it is, we normal people are trying to understand the mind of a buffoon.
A man who has in my opinion had little or no control over the Covid pandemic from day one.
All we can do is use our own common sense on distancing and meeting in groups and then hope for the best
This is directed at the prime minister Johnson in who I have very little faith

Go to Top of Page

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2020 :  13:53:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darole

Problem is as I see it is, we normal people are trying to understand the mind of a buffoon.
A man who has in my opinion had little or no control over the Covid pandemic from day one.
All we can do is use our own common sense on distancing and meeting in groups and then hope for the best
This is directed at the prime minister Johnson in who I have very little faith

I’m not sure if we’re allowed to repost published articles, but this is a good analysis of Bojo’s ‘handling’ of the Covid crisis. How can anyone see a ‘conspiracy’ in this series of shambolic cock-ups?

https://www.newstatesman.com/2020/07/fatal-delusions-boris-johnson
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1514 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  10:29:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Doris (sorry, Boris) it's not him, it's that bloke Cunnings (sorry Cummings) who's been running the show, I wonder why Doris sticks up for him so much?
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13745 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2020 :  16:32:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And then today when it shows "drunk" people on the street last night not doing the 2m thing - or is it 1m thing, depending where you are... Everybody on the news is shocked.

Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2567 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2020 :  09:03:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It didn’t take a genius to predict that people would not adhere to the one metre rule when pubs reopened. Many these idiots will if they are unfortunate enough to catch Covid will undoubtedly blame everyone bar themselves..
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  17:00:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enlighten me somebody cause I can’t crack you up. You are a real riddle to me. I live here a while now and almost every Welshman I speak to hates Westminster. He also complain about current state of Welsh economy but keep voting for the same useless Labour Party that sold working class for minority mishmash decades ago and keep letting Welsh voters down election after election. Nobody wants to see mining reopen, cause most of Labour voters are like watermelons. Green outside and red inside. Cole is not eco friendly anymore. No independence for Wales either. YesCymru got support of below 30%. Boris - bad. Westminster - bad. But go own way and govern itself - bad as well. It looks like sitting and waiting for goodness complaining in the mean time is the main occupation.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  19:43:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sea Wolf ,In Britain complaining is the national sport .
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1733 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  21:54:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time,.but, you can't please all of the people, all of the time. As Keanjo stated, its a national pastime. I have many friends who are politicians, but I don't always agree with their policies, but we respect each others views, and don't fall out, or draw blood on one another, not very often anyway!!
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1514 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  11:18:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Complaining and queuing UK national sports

Also, try this satirical quiz
Would you score the required 70 points in the UK’s new points-based migration system? Take our interactive test to find out!

https://newsthump.com/2020/07/13/would-you-score-the-required-70-points-in-the-uks-new-points-based-migration-system-take-our-interactive-test-to-find-out/

Edited by - ddraig on 14/07/2020 11:19:28
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  17:07:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
72 points... phew...
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1468 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  17:21:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going back to the original question. England now has 1M ruling.
Quite oddly I find that they are largely sticking to 2M.
With regard to face masks I see the recovery rates in Wales and England are very encouraging without masks. But our leaders are being pressurised to use them.
On a brighter note have you seen that Uk has beest safety record after Sweden (which has many fewr people thus less traffic.
What is the betting that there will nevertheless be pressure to reduce Mway speeds and drink limit
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

732 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  20:10:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks the like the virus is very clever, it's knows when it's in england (especially Leicester) and when it's in wales.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5317 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2020 :  17:19:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was talking to someone earlier who told me in one pub in London they are charging £10.00 a pint

Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1468 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2020 :  20:07:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At that price cupcake I could (just could) become teetotal
Go to Top of Page

djholly
Advanced Member

732 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2020 :  21:24:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£10?. prices in london vary from £4.60 - £20 odd. the pint isn't the cost it's the venue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.