General Discussion - Tredegar
 Cefn Golau
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ruthie1981

6 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2020 :  19:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, lots of my family (Yandleís) are buried in Cefn Golau. Planning on popping there to visit. I can see where my Grandfatherís grandparents/dadís grave is but canít find his motherís. She was Elizabeth Yandle but husband died in WW1 and remarried Thomas Bosley. Is there anyway I can find out where her grave is?

dalex41

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2020 :  14:28:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So when your grandmother remarried her surname changed to Bosley and her husband was Thomas Bosley do you have any idea of when she was born and when she died also did she have a second christian name ? There are several Elizabeth Bosleys showing up on census records searches but some have just one christian name and others have two. Burial records are kept by Blaenau Gwent CBC but they will require all this info. and there is a search fee involved.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2020 :  20:12:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some great info from Dalex41. Hope your lucky with your search.

Go to Top of Page

evansfam

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2020 :  17:59:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blaenau Gwent could possibly give area section & grave number,but you would probably need to contact someone working there to show you roughly where the area is (there's no markings).The old cemetery has lots of missing gravestones removed by the council in the 70's & no records kept. B.G. also unable to say who else in the grave as records lost in a fire at the old cemetery.
I wrote July 2011 to our Geneology section on Cefn Golau cemetery,& photos of broken up gravestones on this post. Best of luck!

Margaret Wathan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.