Zeraschi's Ice Cream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bob

South Africa
125 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  16:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhere on the Forum, a few months ago, someone posted a picture of Mr Zeraschi in his ice cream cart. I think the photo was taken in Rhyd Terrace and include his grey horse, Nell. I've been telling my grandchildren about this but cannot find the photo. Is there anyone here who can help me ?

milkman

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2020 :  20:15:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant help with the pic but I knew the Zeraschis.
Tony, Eddie and Bill- I think there was also a daughter but I recall Mrs Zeraschi being responsible for the ice cream sales in house.
Incidentally I have friends in Somerset West. Is that nr you.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  10:31:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have that photo saved but I donít know how to put it on here.
Go to Top of Page

dalex41

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  13:49:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by milkman

Cant help with the pic but I knew the Zeraschis.
Tony, Eddie and Bill- I think there was also a daughter but I recall Mrs Zeraschi being responsible for the ice cream sales in house.
Incidentally I have friends in Somerset West. Is that nr you.
[/
The daughter was married to Des Jones the boxer young Des Jones's mother.quote]
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1777 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  17:25:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Her name was Falda, I believe she was the eldest?. Falda was a very dedicated hard working daughter. She passed away last year, she was gone 90ys of age. She was a lovely person, as are all the Zeraschi family.
Go to Top of Page

Bob

South Africa
125 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2020 :  19:25:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Milkman -- Somerset West as about 40km from us. A lovely part of the country.
Can anyone help Ellen to get that photo posted ??
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1569 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2020 :  10:45:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best ask Pierre he has put stuff on for me in the past
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2020 :  10:47:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Send a pic from PC or mobile to webmaster@tredegar.co.uk and Pierre will do it
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

624 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2020 :  20:47:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is also another brother John Zerachie
Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2020 :  21:26:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bout ye Shelly, youíre correct, John I think was the youngest, he enjoyed his football. If I remember correctly John was kicked in the stomach by Nelli, he was ill for quite a while.
Used to see John at the house in Coronation St, he also took the ice cream cart out. I was told he used to live in Queen St, on the left hand side before getting to the turnoff for Park View,
Keep well, G

milkman

United Kingdom
1502 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  11:56:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am first one to write in Seppt.
Bill was on a Blackpool trip and we were on same bus. He always sang about a girl (Tina), he had a good voice.- I seem to remember that he named his first daughter with the same name. Bill was quite a good footballer
o
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1569 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  13:23:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this link
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10206365111246861&set=gm.1874272572856511
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

624 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  22:00:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats right milkman Bills daughter is called Tina ...
Go to Top of Page

Bob

South Africa
125 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  17:28:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the photo link, Ddraig. Perhaps now my grandchildren will believe me !!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.