New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13789 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2020 :  12:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to Himalayan Scout for sending in the following images.
Disused face masks found around Tredegar.
The images speak for themselves....!

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

273 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2020 :  13:18:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These discarded masks only serve to give us all an unnecessary reminder of the dangerous time in which we now live.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2020 :  20:50:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've come across quite a few of these whilst walking the dogs, brand new ones dropped up At. James's Reservoir, a posh material one down the line, which makes me think these may have fallen from someone's pocket. I'm the eternal optimist.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5329 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2020 :  05:41:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres always loads in the car park ,why cant they just put them in the bin if no longer needed ?

Go to Top of Page

Titch
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  16:17:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, I saw a photo recently of a mallard with its feet entangled in the elastic / string one of these masks. Thankfully it was rescued.

It beats me why people are so inconsiderate, it doesn't take too much thought or effort to carry re-sealable bag and keep used masks in it , then dispose of them when getting home.

Are these people, like SOME dog walkers, too lazy, too stupid or just couldn't care less?
I think the answer is a combination of all 3,
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1527 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  18:41:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It also shows that they care not for their friends and neighbours.
I like things to be tidy but I would not pick up someone's mas since they may also have had the virus.
Go to Top of Page

Himalayan Scout
Advanced Member

273 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  19:27:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to hear that the Mallard was rescued from it's entanglement.
But as we know Titch, the threat to animal life from any kind of discarded rubbish can be devastating.
And of course in these times as pointed out by milkman there is a threat to human life by attempting to pick up a mask and place it in the bin.
Thank goodness for litter pickers I say.
My sentiments are exactly the same as cupcake's.
Why cant they put their litter in the rubbish bin?
Whatever happened to the slogan "Keep Britain Tidy"?
Guess that's been thrown somewhere too

Edited by - Himalayan Scout on 10/11/2020 19:29:37
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  12:53:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems my optimism is misguided, the dropping of masks seem to be an epidemic all by itself. These people are LITTERBUGS in the literal sense. They think they will disappear on their own, the dirty devils.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  09:47:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
saw 5 masks in one parking bay outside lidl this morning (all the same type), so i would deduce that they were thrown out from one car. so someone took the time to be a good citizen (in the eyes of others), yet happy to throw them out of the car door when no-one is looking.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.