Fireworks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angel
Advanced Member

401 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2020 :  21:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had fireworks going off for a few nights but they are realy going to town tonight .Wondering if people are having bonfires early because of lockdown .Hope they will soon finish .

butch

United Kingdom
1800 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  09:27:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Angel, I think it the same brain-dead idiots idiots as usual, as they say boys will be boys, but they never seem to grow up.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

401 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  10:24:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning butch the trouble is we have weeks if not months of this ahead of us as it usually goes on until New Year.I don’t think the shops should be able to sell fireworks. I would just like people to think of the poor animals and elderly people when they are letting of these .I remember many years ago when I was young a young boy was horribly burned .Take care everyone
Go to Top of Page

WelshWitch

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  13:55:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My poor little dog is terrified of fireworks, like so many others. I wonder if the sale of these will be considered to be “essential items “ during the upcoming lockdown.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  17:02:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asda to stop selling fireworks from 6 o'clock today.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1800 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  18:14:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy a firework display when let off responsibly, but the bangers that are being let off nowadays are more like high powered explosives and don't come cheap. How people can afford them to just set them off for a one second thrill is beyond me. If they think it's clever, it's not, animals and most elderly folk are terrified of them. These bangers should be classed as sticks of dynamite and banned immediately.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
281 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  20:02:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Butch, it's not Rocket science
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1800 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  20:26:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Tony, your jokes really sparkle.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

852 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2020 :  21:38:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure it's rocket science, the ability to propel an object by means of propulsion skywards is by definition.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

401 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2020 :  19:40:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Would realy like to know how these annoying people are getting these fireworks that have been going off for some time tonight.Surely they are not essential items ???
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13789 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  10:05:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People (Adults!) letting them off last night up with me from 11:30pm to half past 12.

Ban them !

Go to Top of Page

sailor
Advanced Member

411 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  11:50:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night was the worse noise I have experienced during my 80years,we were at least given some relief when we were firing guns in the Royal Navy. There were queue's. of at least 40 people for fireworks at Morrisons. Where have all the sparklers gone? I bet if you ask the people who were setting off the fireworks. Why celebrate Guy Fawks,he was a traitor.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

852 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  12:24:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sailor

Last night was the worse noise I have experienced during my 80years,we were at least given some relief when we were firing guns in the Royal Navy. There were queue's. of at least 40 people for fireworks at Morrisons. Where have all the sparklers gone? I bet if you ask the people who were setting off the fireworks. Why celebrate Guy Fawks,he was a traitor.

he was the last person to enter parliament with honest intentions.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  20:04:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There more garden displays than ever last night, probably because the was no display on the Rec this year. But as usual we will have to endure them for a few weeks, our poor cat and dog are trembling, the really don't like them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.