Face covering.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  17:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When shopping in Lidl Tredegar an hour ago, I asked the security guard why he wasn't wearing a face covering, he replied I'm not wearing one I can't stand them, staff members told me that they don't have the authority to question anyone who is not wearing face covering. I will not be shopping there until these selfish people do the right thing and change their policy. He was not even trying to distance himself from us.

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  17:37:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
look on the governments own website regarding masks. by the way, what they are doing it the right thing, the same as morrisons, asda, tesco, home bargains and other stores. you are exempt if you cannot put on a mask, wear the mask or remove the mask without causing harm physically or mentally to that individual. people who suffer from anxiety are also exempt. now some conditions may be visible and others not so easy to see, it is a declaration THAT EACH person is allowed to make. lanyards are available in some stores and there is even a exemption notification on the .gov website to download as a reference to those who feel it necessary to ask why?. as for the guard outside, he is under no obligation to explain himself to a any person who asks him why. his inability to wear a mask as he described it as "can't stand them" may be a condition that he doesn't need to discuss with anyone other than his doctor or employer.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  18:24:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't ask for a lecture, as you seem to have a plaster or some elongated answer to every thing. As a security guard he should be setting an example to others, not flouting the law, and help keep others safe. But as I said, lidl have just lost a loyal customer.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

629 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  18:43:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Butch they should get a guard that can wear a mask.I love the lectures your having lately.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  18:47:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
setting an example that could cause harm mentally or physically to him to please the occasional customer?. as for the 'lecture' your welcome. why not complain to lidl directly? (which by the way i contacted regarding my need to not wear a mask and was told that they had no problem allowing entry and allowing service to those who self-determine the need to not do so).
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1607 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  11:12:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take Nicola Sturgeon's advice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PexdOvu_emA

Edited by - ddraig on 31/10/2020 11:14:11
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
489 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  15:48:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you speak for most of us Butch. I prefer to read your blogs than some of the rants on here.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  16:01:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, the guy on the door is breaking no law. The shop itself is breaking no law and the customers who enter the shop without a mask are breaking no law and this is somehow unacceptable to some?. Who exactly are selfish?, Those not breaking the law or those who believe they should conform to their interpretation of the law?. I've been in the store with police officers there who have seen me and not said a thing to me. The same in other stores. So who exactly is selfish?, Those who cannot wear a mask for a medical reason (mental or physical) maybe?. So they are to do what when they need shopping and have no means to do it online?.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

402 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  17:43:03 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím with you there Snowy I fully agree that all you are saying butch .Trouble is someone always thinks they know better .I Personally prefer to wear a face covering if it only gives me a bit more confidence .I must say I was in Morrisons this week and everyone had face coverings staff as well as customers .As I have asma wear glasses I donít feel it very comfortable but as I am a mum of someone who had to isolate for months if a little bit of discomfort to me itís a small price to pay for my piece of mind. Stay safe
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  18:34:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly someone does know better, it's on the governments own website. The fact you can't accept that others are doing something different to you legally/lawfully and in accordance with current law/rules & guidelines is upsetting then you are the problem not them. Enjoy your evening.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  18:37:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have just come from Tesco's, it was quite busy in there, we did not see one person without a face covering. There is a sign at the entrance stating that wearing a mask is mandatory,meaning (BY LAW). I have have long term chronic asthma and c.o.p.d. I have been told that I am exempt from wearing a mask, but I don't have a problem doing so, as I have too much respect for other people's well-being. Any of us could be an innocent carrier of this dreadful disease, so stop being so high and mighty with your pathetic reasons, get real and conform like the rest of us.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  18:52:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was mandatory eh?, So in other words those with a disability (physical or mental) are not allowed entry or at least are expected to comply just to make others feel easy by doing something that causes harm to them?. As I mentioned but seems impossible to accept, the police officers had no problem with me not wearing a mask. But somehow you are above the law & can ridicule those who can't under current guidelines/law meet your requirements?. Also my information is off the governments own website not a conspiracy or David icke comment. Enjoy your evening.
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2587 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  09:12:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I donít want to get embroiled in who should be wearing a face mask, what really annoys me is the way our supermarkets allow their staff to wear the mask only covering the mouth and then pulling them aside to talk to other members of staff or customers,
Whilst in the Tesco store in Ebbw I counted nine staff with the mask only covering the mouth.I asked two of them as to why and they didnít cover the nose I received no answer they just pulled the mask up and walked away.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1607 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  12:09:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
djholly, I am really sorry if you have a physical or mental illness, or a disability or impairment and are unable to wear a mask. Thankfully, those people that do comply and wear a mask are protecting you
Here are the Gov.Wales guidelines for wearing masks;
https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public

Edited by - ddraig on 01/11/2020 12:09:26
Go to Top of Page

djholly

863 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  12:33:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
many thanks ddraig. but i posted basically this answer to the originator of this topic and abbreviated the governments policy for the person in question. yet i was met with a claim of lecturing? (which by the way is a form of education). i even explained that under these guidelines a person is not required to discuss their medical history or condition when asked. lets see if you come under the same criticism from those eh?.

Edited by - djholly on 01/11/2020 12:35:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.