New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2020 :  19:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was asked when I had the flu jab if I wanted one for pneumonia, 6 weeks later it is still unavailable, come on NHS.

butch

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  00:19:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had both mine on the same day. Last month I was told I was eligible for a shingles jab, so I had a flu jab and shingles jabs done together. I hope you have yours soon.
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2020 :  16:56:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by butch

I had both mine on the same day. Last month I was told I was eligible for a shingles jab, so I had a flu jab and shingles jabs done together. I hope
you have yours soon.

They didn't have any when I had the flu jab.
Go to Top of Page

Flash
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  17:15:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding the flu jab, myself and my wife have been trying for weeks to get ours.
Have been told today that for our age group(above 70) none are available and won't be for the foreseeable future.
This despite assurances in the press that they are available for everyone.
Perhaps they wish to get rid of the golden oldies.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2120 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  17:54:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to go out of the area 3 weeks ago to have my free jab. Tried for weeks & weeks to get 1 up here but none available so rang Caerphilly asda pharmacy, they were fully booked for weeks but were doing a walk-in flu jab day the day I rang so booked in & had it within an hour of ringing them. I was very lucky otherwise I'd still be waiting like everyone else. So if jabs are still not available why was it put on Tredegar Twitter about a week ago to get in touch with your doctor now for a jab?

Edited by - kay16 on 02/11/2020 18:01:25
Go to Top of Page

Monster

2 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2020 :  01:17:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience i find the staff at the Top surgery very helpful and caring, can't say the same for the doctors no more im afraid, since Dr Ahmed left it seems to have dropped a level or 2 in standards. I always remember a lovely nurse called Diane who i would see for any jabs, she did my sons when he was a baby also! My opinion the people like Diane who care for the community are not there no more and are replaced by temp staff who earn a mint per day. We need to go back to the days when a community nurse was from the community and knew the people being treated. A familiar face goes a long way you know! Anyway the staff in the top surgery take a lot of crap from people which is not deserved, do not take any delay in appointments out on them they are people doing a job after all, its a computer system that cant fit you in for weeks not them!

Monster

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1607 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2020 :  11:37:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I booked my flu jab in September (at that time I think they were booking over 65s only) and I had to wait over three weeks, I finally had it done in October on a Saturday and it was pretty much like a conveyer belt, there seems to be a lot more people getting the flu jab this year for sure, I dread to think what it will be like trying to get a covid jab.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.