New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

djholly

854 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  09:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
non-essential items?

2020 November 1

whilst in home bargains yesterday, i was amused at the tape placed over what the grown-ups who decided that is essential and not essential (not home bargains but the grown-ups in government). so xmas toys for children taped off (rather than remove them they leave them on display so to remind you to be in fear and how they have the power to stop you buying anything that they want), but in the next aisle you can buy xmas toys for your pets???.

milkman

United Kingdom
1522 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  11:25:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know they are thinking mainly about health but the selling of good for Christmas will be really smashed by these lockdowns (particularly England it now appears).

I do not know the answer
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1601 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  11:32:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
so to remind you to be in fear and how they have the power to stop you buying anything that they want

Rubbish, they didn't remove them because it's too much trouble and they'd have to put them back out on the 9th
Go to Top of Page

djholly

854 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  11:50:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rubbish?, so the staff on the till know every item they scan and know what is and what is not allowed for sale?. they are taped top of the shelving unit to bottom and as such they are accessible to the shopper who can still pick the item up (the aisle is not blocked off). that item may be essential to them, so why have them on show?. as for too much trouble?, to clear some shelves?.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1601 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  14:16:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've obviously never worked in a shop, to have to take off every essential item would be time the workers don't have.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

854 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  14:43:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since home bargains have aisles that represent different mini-departments (if you will), so products of a similar type or use are placed together. Since the non-essential items would be located together it wouldn't be that difficult or time consuming given the available staff.

Edited by - djholly on 01/11/2020 14:44:53
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

401 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  14:59:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They might represent different mini dept.but when I worked in a large shop you had plans to set everything out and let me say it did take quite a long time to get everything correct .Also today they are not blessed with lots of staff so most are part timers with limited hours .But of course if you have never worked to these plans you would probably think it was only a matter of throwing things on the shelves.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

854 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2020 :  15:36:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny how they manage to empty the shelves then refill the same shelves within hours when they have Easter, summer stock, Halloween stock and then Xmas stock almost over night (and yes these dates are pre determined and are known in advance). I've never worked in a shop but took stocktaking/storeroom management courses and worked within the supply industry and with happy memories down llanwern steelworks receipt & blending.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.