New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
287 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  17:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tredegar town council have started putting up the Christmas town lights today.

butch

United Kingdom
1842 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  18:10:23 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Town Council, we need some cheering up at these dark times.
Thanks for the info Tony.
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1330 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  18:45:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps someone will be good enough to post a photograph .
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1008 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  16:20:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Not sure what's happening with the Christmas lights big switch on this year, but wouldn't it be a lovely gesture if Trinity Leigh could have the honours of pressing the button for us. Because of the the social distancing in place still perhaps it could be filmed and put on Tredegar forum for the rest of us to see.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1636 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  17:04:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone always films it,I can post a link, I usually see it on Facebook, it maybe the only way to see the turn on this year.

Edited by - ddraig on 15/11/2020 17:05:48
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1330 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  18:06:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea .If Trinity Leigh could sing some Christmas carols ,it would make a great TV show .Why not ask BBC or ITV Wales to organise it?n
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1008 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  18:15:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Trinity Leigh deserves some recognition from our town, she is still a winner in our eyes. A Christmas carol sung by her, maybe a few school children too and let us view it on this forum. Come on council bring us some Christmas cheer.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

634 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  18:38:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trinity Leigh was there last year giving a song. I donít think they will be doing a big night for the switch on like they usually do. Itís such a pity ,but it will be lovely to have all the lights on anyway.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
287 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2020 :  19:08:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lights were switched on today, even better display then last year.
Go to Top of Page

cupcake

5332 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  20:33:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw the lights tonight and they look beautiful

Go to Top of Page

Exbrompton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
240 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2020 :  11:10:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visited last night.Wonderful display,especially the clock
Go to Top of Page

jazz

107 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  19:09:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All
Great Photo of the Town Clock Christmas Lights,Very Christmasy,I would like to THANK ALL who were involved putting up such a great display
Stay Safe
Jazz
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1008 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2020 :  19:54:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The Christmas lights have much improved over the years I must say. I can remember decorations like ordinary light bulbs strung from side to side and a plastic castle which played tunes - this was situated in with the town clock. Todays decorations really are spectacular! Well done it's just what Tredegar shops, businesses & residents need for Christmas 2020 - remember shop local!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.