New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

GazT

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  13:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Just joined the Forum,
Just want everyone to know that early in the new year I am starting a branch of Run Talk Run, social running club in Tredegar. Mental Health is important to me, and this offers a FREE 5k run, it is NOT a competitive running club, and it is NOT a counselling service. BUT what it is, is an opportunity for people to meet socially, and talk ( if they wish ) in a safe space about how they are / how they are feeling etc. NO ONE gets left behind as we run only as fast as the slowest person, people are free to run ahead and loop back if they are faster. I hope to start the group 1st week January, meeting in the Circle outside the old NCB Club at 6pm every Wednesday if people are interested. Please check out Run Talk Run on Social media if you are interested, and you should be able to register on My Crew App for this run. There is a Instagram page for Run Talk Run Tredegar, and I'm looking to create a Facebook page too... I wanted to start this earlier but due to lockdown, and also the still very high Covid numbers in Tredegar and Blaenau Gwent I feel that we owe it to ourselves to "run" this group safely, that has to be our main priority. Because of this the start date may be flexible... If interested leave me a comment on here , or Instagram or sign up on the MY Crew App...

Gareth

cheers

butch

United Kingdom
1802 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  13:14:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gareth, not able to join myself, but it's great to see that you are prepared take this upon yourself. You seem to be a doer, not a whimper. Good luck with your venture.
Go to Top of Page

GazT

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2020 :  19:20:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Butch... Got to be honest, this is a first for me, but this is something I believe in, and something that I think Tredegar, and surrounding area needs, There is a big gap in requirements for Mental Health, and actual funding.. exercise can be beneficial, this is just one way that I may be able to give back to the community.

cheers
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.