Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
234 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2021 :  17:16:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
covid vaccinations carried out at old RTB offices Ebbw Vale. My wife and me done last Thursday. Very well organised. Support given by RAF personel .In and out in 30 minutes.

milkman

United Kingdom
1621 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2021 :  17:25:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ike, We have been waiting but do now have dates. Otherwise would have followed your advice.
Wales has been a bit slow. All my former colleagues in England have been done already
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1377 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2021 :  18:19:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had my jab on Tuesday . No side affects.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

250 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2021 :  20:50:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news! I just wait till they finish experimenting them on humans and I get mine right away.

Edited by - SeaWolf86 on 20/01/2021 20:51:19
Go to Top of Page

Cloud-Collector
Advanced Member

203 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2021 :  08:04:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíve been waiting for this thread to appear, to hear peopleís stories and see their enthusiasm for getting the jab.

We are still in the thick of this pandemic, everyone must still follow Government guidelines and the law but now, we can start to look to the future, when we will be able to get back to living our usual lives.

Keep posting, it helps reassure those who are worried, when they hear others share their real life experiences, of getting the jab.

I had mine last week, Pfizer BioNtech, at the vaccination hub in Cwmbran Stadium, in a session for NHS staff.

I hope everyone takes up this wonderful opportunity.

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1963 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2021 :  09:34:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My appointment arrived yesterday, I have to attend the general offices in Ebb Vale on the 30th Jan. I look forward to it, I hope my wife gets here soon.watch this space!!
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1621 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2021 :  10:37:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had mine yesterday, No problem since I have had Yellow Fever, TAB, Tetanus, Cholera and others. A good hint is that if you wife goes with you they will (probably) vaccinate her as well. Saves the double journey.A few weeks now and we will be largely protected.
Go to Top of Page

sailor
Advanced Member

414 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2021 :  11:23:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Due for mine Saturday Lower Surgery
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2021 :  11:51:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder how many of the COVID non believers will actually take up the offer of vacation?..
Go to Top of Page

sailor
Advanced Member

414 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2021 :  13:02:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luvely Jubley In And out within 5 Minutes, Thank you Sian.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2021 :  16:43:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right Milkman, a gentleman I know took his wife to have the jab they asked him if he would like it to have it done the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2406 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2021 :  17:42:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so I thought I'd offer some advice / info for anyone who either has M.E. themselves or cares for someone who does.
Some experts have recommended having the vaccine- a couple of those however suggested to wait and see how the vaccine seems to affecting people in general
But - and this is really important - in another article they asked how our bodies coped with previous vaccinations while having M.E.
as it is likely to follow that same outcome.

Some people had mild flare-ups, others severe ones-

my thoughts are:-
I had severe reaction to other vaccines in that it wiped me out for weeks-

therefore while there is the possibilty of not getting Coronavirus despite not having the vaccine,

it is highly likely the vaccine would make my M.E. a lot worse.

Plus - the vaccine takes 2 to 3 weeks to have any effect-

what if I came into contact with the virus while I was in that time-frame and with severe M.E. symptoms?!

Something else to bear in mind - if you suspect you may have severe symptoms do you have help you can arrange beforehand in case you need it - eg making meals, changing the bed, doing dishes etc etc. (you are allowed to have someone care for you under the lockdown rules.)
I know the majority of the public will have minor symptoms if any after having the vaccine - but remember folk with M.E. have to weigh up the benefits against the risks and decide for themselves what they should do.

Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Advanced Member

667 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  15:44:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got an appointment for next Saturday - since I am not very mobile - can anyone who has already been to the General Offices in Ebbw Vale advise me on the parking situation ? can you park near to the entrance?
and do you need to walk far to get to the appointed room ?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1963 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  18:53:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gareth, I went this morning 9.am. you are NOT allowed to park outside, but the car park is a very short walk to the entrance. Once you have given your details at the door, you are more or less inside where you receive your jab. It's all extremely well run, your in and out quite quickly, including your mandatory sit down. I did ask if I was going to have tea and biscuits, but, no luck.
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1621 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2021 :  21:03:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had my jab at Abergavenny; like Butch it was done very smartly.
The team were really efficient, particularly in handling so many people
The chap on recetion was RAF but do not know if the others were.
Go to Top of Page

WelshWitch

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  10:59:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took my hubby to have his done yesterday and accompanied him as heís not so mobile. Was asked if Iíd had mine, and told them i have appointment for 7th February. They immediately arranged for me to have mine there and then. All done and dusted in about 20 minutes, including waiting time as Iím the driver in our house. Extremely efficient, safe and friendly people.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13891 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2021 :  20:51:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know some 80+ year olds still waiting, and some (fit) younger people that have had it. And when I say younger, I mean younger!

Why not use the leisure center in Tredegar?

Great to see it being rolled out :-)

Go to Top of Page

Gareth
Advanced Member

667 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2021 :  12:52:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Had my jab in Ebbw Vale this morning, and would add to what others have already said - it's extremely well organised, indeed, although preadvised, I was nevertheless surprised at how well it works.

You park immediately across the road right on a pedestrian crossing and as you step off the crossing you are right on the entrance. There is a little bit of queueing but it moves quickly. Next thing you know you are done and back out again.

Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1963 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2021 :  22:20:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to say this Gareth, BUT,I told you so.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

456 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2021 :  18:00:12 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had mine this afternoon didnít have to wait but there was quite a lot of people but werenít waiting no time
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

682 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2021 :  18:32:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Angel long time no see hope your keeping well...
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

456 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2021 :  20:38:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ShelleyW Iím ok love not going out much got a very good friend who does some shopping and a lovely neighbour who as been so good, both so thoughtful.How are you and Brian hope you are both staying safe?
Remember me to him
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1377 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  12:10:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not comments from Sea Wolfe for a while.!
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  12:55:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Thanks ShelleyW Iím ok love not going out much got a very good friend who does some shopping and a lovely neighbour who as been so good, both so thoughtful.How are you and Brian hope you are both staying safe?
Remember me to him

Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  12:57:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snowy

quote:
Originally posted by Angel

Remember me to him

Angel I've rang you 3 times over the last weeks to see how you are but your phones engaged every time.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

456 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2021 :  15:08:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry snowy my phone is always red hot I will try and remember to call u a bit later in case you are having a snooze
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.