A really good nostalgic. Read.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

butch

United Kingdom
1890 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  16:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just finished a really interesting book. It's a new book.called, OLD TAVARNAUBACH, A HISTORY OF A COMMUNITY. It's been very well written by local author, Eric Alan Harris. Considering Tavarnaubach was a small village, it has a very rich and interesting history, well worth a read. Well done Alan, you've done your village proud.

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

652 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  20:57:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I agree Butch a very interesting read I canít believe how many pubs there was in such a small village.well done Eric Alan Harris.
Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  12:04:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mother was born in Tavernaubach and still speaks fondly about it. How can I obtain a copy?
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1890 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  15:07:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith, I will message you with Alan's phone number.you won't be disappointed with the book.
Go to Top of Page

swan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2021 :  18:38:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do we get our hands on a copy of this book please.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1890 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2021 :  18:47:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are on sale at Ashvale stores.
Go to Top of Page

swan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2021 :  19:25:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2021 :  10:43:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nostalgic read yes and a painstaking piece of research by Eric. It also showed the incredible struggles the villagers endured but continued to thrive against many difficult and tragic events. It clearly generated a sense of community. Thank you Butch too for your help.
Go to Top of Page

butch

United Kingdom
1890 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2021 :  19:10:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Keith, glad to be of help. I'm also very glad you enjoyed the book, and as you say, for such a small community, they produced a lot of local talent. Take care, keep safe. Butch.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.