General Discussion - Tredegar
 Did you hear that!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billbaily

1056 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  09:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

What sort of plane was that at 9am flying over Tredegar this morning. It must have been flying very low to make that amount of noise

billbaily

1056 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  09:56:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Took me back to many years ago watching Concorde in Bristol.

I couldn't see properly in the skies over Tredegar this morning because of the clouds so was it just the recycling lorries? LOL
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2369 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  11:55:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wondered what on earth it was too - am in Georgetown.
Go to Top of Page

Angel
Advanced Member

420 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  15:36:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loud over Sirhowy
Go to Top of Page

aviator

18 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  18:38:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This passed directly over Tredegar at 09.20 this morning.
https://fr24.com/2021-02-22/09:20/12x/SYG232/26e2b63e
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1056 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  19:12:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just read a piece in Wales online too - skies of Swansea were full of military hardware as fighter jets and helicopters passed over city. They certainly made us take notice this morning!
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1056 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2021 :  19:16:02 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
American F-15E Strike Eagles which can travel in speeds excess of 1,600 miles per hour
Go to Top of Page

Samstan

828 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2021 :  06:55:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard it too. It was about 9:05. I looked on the Flight Radar app and there was no commercial aircraft within 40 miles so assumed it was military. The odd thing was from the sound it was obviously a jet and fairly low in the sky I think but you’d expect it to clear the area quickly and the noise went on for a good couple of minutes (time for me to hear it and note it was unusual, go outside to look, realise it was cloudy and go back in to get my phone to check Flight Radar).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.