New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theclock
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
309 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2021 :  11:47:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Firstly may I introduce myself, I am the recruitment officer and match secretary for BEDWELLTY PARK BOWLS CLUB Based in Tredegar we were founded in 1901 and we are one of the oldest clubs in Monmouthshire. In the time since our founding, thousands of bowlers have been proud to be a member of our club, and their efforts have taken us to the position we are in today. We currently have, probably, some of the best facilities for bowling in our county . Over the past hundred years, plus, the club has progressed both on and off the bowling green and now is the time for the current generation of bowlers and members to continue the hard work accomplished by our predecessors.
If you have a sporting interest may I extend to you an invitation to help the club achieve its aims and continue to provide the best bowling facilities by joining us as a bowler. We actively welcome and support, new members to reach their potential and aspiration, whatever level they would like to play at. Currently we field two league sides on a Saturday, one in the Monmouthshire League and one in the Gwent League. On a Wednesday evening we play in the Rhymney and Sirhowy League, in addition to this, we also play friendlies and entertain touring teams.
There are several reasons why bowling could be the sport for you, whatever your age, and whatever level of fitness you have. Bowlers come from all walks of life and from all age groups but all have the same objective , to enjoy the game and feel proud when you represent your club. For senior bowlers, starting late in life, or younger bowlers taking up the sport, the bowling and the social life tend to be equally important, and, in many cases, they regret that they hadn't taken up bowling earlier .
You may have a few questions , how much is it,? will someone be there to help me?, will I have to join before I can try it,? do I need to buy a lot of equipment,? if you are interested please contact me 07930424335 and I will provide you with all the information you need. .For all new members the first years membership is free
On Sunday May 9 we shall be holding our Annual open day ,where an invitation is extended to everyone with an interest. Please come along to see our excellent facilities, enjoy a taster session of bowls, have a friendly chat, and enjoy the company, club members will be in attendance to answer your questions.
Obviously at the moment we are operating under the Covid restrictions as ordered by the Welsh Government and everyone has to adhere to these rules. But even with these restrictions there is scope and regulations in place to allow us to bowl.
In addition to our bowling facilities, we have our own social club situated by the bowling green. The clubhouse has recently been refurbished. and work is currently on going to improve the outside appearance. of the club. Work has started on our pavilion to incorporate an outdoor seating area and hopefully this will be available when hospitality restrictions allow.
We trust you will consider this invitation and join with us to help promote the sport. All new members will receive a warm welcome and become an integral part of the on going success of the club. Join us to enjoy the camaraderie the game provides, meet new friends in a friendly and competitive game, but most of all act now donít leave it too late.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.