Cows wandering around peacehaven
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonnie12

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2021 :  15:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There’s about 4 cows wandering around peacehaven this afternoon. They look like the highland cattle from up by Manmoel?? Anyone know who’s they are???

hawkeye
Advanced Member

319 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2021 :  17:31:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old McDonald? He’s got some cows#128512;
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1133 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2021 :  19:16:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Someone mentioned they were in Whitworth Fields last week I wonder if their fences have been damaged and they are getting out. Loads of quads and motorbikes in the St. James reservoir area over the weekend/most weekends too. I dread to think what could happen because the speed they travel to go up and back down there is very concerning as they are racing through built up streets with pedestrians. There can be at least 5 motorbikes speeding all together and quads following them. Children play nearby - accident waiting to happen if you ask me.
Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

238 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2021 :  23:21:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now since the weather got a bit better I'm out and about the hills for walks with my family. And there is some truth about bikers stunts on the roads. Anti social driving, wheelies while overtaking, etc. But those I encounter off road were very civilised. A bunch of them passing by near Trefil Quarry. slowed down, when saw my kid. Passed by with caution and headed off. Some of them in St James res. (two, or three) driving with the same consideration to walkers. One quad by the pond, slowed down and waved to my son. Are you sure we talking about the same bikers, or had I just a pure luck to came across those mindful ones? :)
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2021 :  12:12:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There must be a way to stop these lawbreakers, a bit of nice weather and they are (illegally) churning up the mountainside and disturbing wildlife and farm animals along with breaking fencing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10225909974882516&set=pcb.3821750801211437
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1133 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2021 :  15:06:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

That's devastating to read, it's going to be a child next the way things are carrying on around here. It's a shame there aren't designated areas for bikers. Beauty spots are just plagued with bikers now it's ruining the outdoors for walkers.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2021 :  19:54:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you ddraig everywhere you walk in Tredegar and surrounding areas you can hear the noise of these bikes or quads.Every piece of green they see they have to churn it up.....It’s getting a big problem in every area.
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2021 :  20:17:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read in the Argus about 2 weeks ago ;Any one knowing of problems with mountain bikers should contact :- gwent.pnn.police.uk or call 101

Go to Top of Page

carol mary
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  10:29:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you seen the video of the poor sheep killed in ebbw vale?
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  11:20:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not seen a video but have seen a post that seven sheep killed by Tesco in Ebbw Vale
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.