New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milkman

United Kingdom
1601 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2021 :  20:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A trick question- Yes I know.
Have you noticed that flu has disappeared, I have not heard of any cases of flu much less deaths.
It would seem impossible thata disease that ravages western society has disappeared this year.
I know the media does concentrate on Covid but does that mean that no-one has has flu.
I leave the answer o that question to you.

nutandboltdarlo

United Kingdom
106 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2021 :  22:30:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One explanation I read was that the cumulative effect of hand-washing, sanitising, face-masks and social distancing had helped reduce the transmission of the flu virus. Possibly more people also had the anti-flu virus to help boost their general immunity. Just goes to show the value of basic good hygiene habits, like hand-washing and trapping coughs and sneezes (not necessarily with masks; handkerchiefs will do).
Go to Top of Page

djholly

898 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  04:10:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or it's just been given a different name with a better marketing and PR team.
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
518 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  19:40:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had the same thoughts about Sepsis, none reported for a year
Go to Top of Page

ike
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  19:54:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my flu jab in October as I've done for the last 30 years. The problem is most people refer to having a bout of the flu ,but actually it's a heavy cold. Back in the 40's and 50's coughs and sneezes was an everyday occurrence due to smoking and poor ventilation in cinemas and crowded areas. To day, conditions have much improved. Back in 1962 I had Asian flu and believe me it laid me low for 3 weeks, I was a lot younger then to combat it. Covid 19 is a similar virus and will be around for many years to come. The only way to keep it at bay, is a yearly jab.

Go to Top of Page

SeaWolf86
Advanced Member

238 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2021 :  21:31:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like djholly said. Covid-19 is flu. As for personal experience it's over a year down the road. Still not wearing masks, still mixing with family and friends in great numbers. No jab and never get one. And still waiting for that deadly disease. Wakey, wakey.
Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1669 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  11:26:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snowy, sepsis is very much still a killer, I'm afraid that covid has pushed all other ailments to the back of the news queue
https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfrommeningitissepsisinfluenzaandcovid19in2019and2020
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1601 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2021 :  18:29:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must be honest- I was seeing if others thought like me. I think some dyog or ill from flu are said to have Covid-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.