TOWN NEWS
 sex offenders Morgan street
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

gatekeeper

338 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2021 :  21:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got told in town a sex offenders place has opened in the old bac Packers place just below spoons. is this right please.

billbaily

1232 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2021 :  09:52:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If this is correct, were the people of Tredegar informed of this decision - because I wasn't aware of any. Makes you wonder what else is going on around here that we don't know about
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  15:26:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same happened many years ago in Harford St. with offenders being from the London area. Neighbours had no rights to know anything about them though they were SERIOUS sex offenders. Apparently ex probation officers can open up these homes with very lucrative monetary rewards.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  18:12:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does appear to be correct for what I understand.

It's approximately 400ft from a playground in Bedwellty Park.

Come on Blaenau Gwent Council, DO SOMETHING!

Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  18:52:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is going to be used for people just released from jail just the same as the Park hotel in Ebbw Vale.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1232 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  19:13:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well that wasn't well thought out was it, who on earth thought that was a good idea. Tredegar doesn't want this on our doorstep and I think the majority of residents here would feel the same as me.
It reminds me of a recent article about the sea front Atlantic Hotel in Porthcawl being considered for female offenders now that caused a lot of anxiety for locals. The Ministry of Justice scrapped those plans. Offenders having the luxury of a sea view!!! Perhaps the people who thought Morgan Street was a good location can come on here and explain why!
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1232 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2021 :  19:30:40 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Councillor's for goodness sake HELP CLEAN TREDEGAR UP and put a stop to dumping this rubbish on our residential streets - speak up for your residents here! This is going to be a blight on our town we've took years to get Bedwellty House & Park to be the wonderful place its become for families. Having that just up the road - well leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't it. Tredegar Comprehensive School just down the hill perfect storm!
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2603 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2021 :  18:49:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having sex offenders so close to our park and main route for many children coming and going to school will leave parents worried every time their child is late home from school or from playing in the park.
Under no circumstances should this centre be allowed to open

This town has elected councillors and it is time that they put the safety of our children at the forefront of this issue.

Simply put we donít want this centre under and circumstances.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2390 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2021 :  19:50:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if this is indeed correct has the Head of the Comp been notified by parents?
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1232 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2021 :  08:31:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Or should it be the other way round - parents notified instead
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2390 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2021 :  11:26:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's why I thought the Head should be notified - to ensure all parents know
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2603 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2021 :  11:08:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why should we have to put up with paedophiles and rapists walking thr streets of Tredegar,putting our children in unnecessary risk of abuse etc
Again our councillors let this happen without any consultation or concern for children of our town.
We can I believe use Sarahís Law to find out exactly what sexual crimes these deviants committed.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2133 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2021 :  11:33:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back a few years ago when local residents down here were apposed to the women's refuge, it was brought up quite a few times in various meetings residents saying "once the refuge is given the ok then it would be a start of Tredegar being a dumping ground for god knows whoever" but we were assured by both BGCBC & local councillors who were in favour of the refuge that it would never happen, that the refuge was a one off and if the matter did arise then Tredegar would not be considered for future projects. So BGCBC stuck to their word then I see??? Can't be trusted whatsoever.
Go to Top of Page

nineteenten
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
258 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2021 :  18:12:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put All blaenau gwent councillors to live in the same building.
Go to Top of Page

billbaily

1232 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  06:23:07 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read Sarahís law - you can only apply for information on a specific person and specific child if you have concern . Itís not for general information about sex offenders.
Go to Top of Page

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  10:42:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When we had the same premises in Harford St. (approx. 30 years ago) we actually had B.G.B.C. on our side & they were totally powerless to do anything whatsoever about it. If social services see it fit then it's within the law & if told B.G.B.C. has to agree. Providing they have one supervisor there 24/7 they can roam wherever they please with no curfew.
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2133 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  11:25:30 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I drove past the other evening there was a man standing on the door. It looked like he was security/bouncer as he had the bright yellow/light green band on his arm that all bouncers/security wear these days.
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2603 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  11:58:31 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billbaily. Many thanks for the info... itís a pity we should be able to know what these abusers are actually guilty of
Itís our children and grandchildren that are at risk, unnecessary risk .
Go to Top of Page

kay16

2133 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  16:24:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard it was a general half way house for people just out of prison, drug addicts & sex offenders, just like the one that was in Argoed where that poor woman lost her life a few years ago.
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2021 :  23:50:59 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark Drakeford's son is due to be released from an 8 year jail sentence for the rape of a minor, I wonder if he will end up in Tredegar?
Go to Top of Page

keanjo

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  09:36:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any more details Lilly?
Go to Top of Page

lilly
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2021 :  10:24:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes.. His name is Mark Drakeford
It's described as a violent, cruel rape of a young girl with learning difficulties
All details and photos on Google
Go to Top of Page

llanover

Australia
1093 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2021 :  02:51:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read that, Lilly! What a dreadful "thing". I won't call him a man as I wouldn't want to offend the male members of this forum.......and I certainly wouldn't call him an animal.... that would be insulting to my dogs and cats!!!!
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2603 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2021 :  11:05:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our problem is that there could well be violent men like Mark Drakeford walking our streets putting our children at risk..
Just remember there are male and female sexual deviants itís not safe for us to let our children walk the town
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.