New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2021 :  13:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So we get alarming news reports of petrol supplies running low in the south east of England in a few petrol stations, and the next thing I see is panic buying in Tredegar. Queueing by Bens's garage and by the garage at the bottom of Sirhowy hill.

Clueless..... All of them....

Snowy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2021 :  15:36:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw it for ourselves Pierre, unbelievable.

Go to Top of Page

Keith Marshall

United Kingdom
74 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2021 :  16:16:32 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not just Tredegar, I drove passed a local supermarket in Leamington Spa which has 12 operating pumps and there was a quarter of a mile queue. It was similar in surrounding towns. Gridlock! With schools closing for the weekend, many parents drive to collect their children and the supermarket queue was beginning to impede traffic movement.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

929 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2021 :  18:10:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after 18 months of the media pushing fear at every opportunity what do you expect?.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2021 :  20:31:19 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was the same with toilet rolls at the start of the first lockdown, these people are unbelievable!

The other lot is the "Special" people, that walk around shops with no masks. You may not like it but it's the law in Wales right now to wear one in shops unless you are exempt.

Go to Top of Page

djholly

929 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2021 :  00:30:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless you are exempt. And the police and staff have no right to question you. They are trying to create a two tier society, those who took the jab and those who decided the experimental jab was not for them.
Go to Top of Page

tony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
303 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2021 :  12:54:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see the local pumps taking advantage by increasing their prices.
Go to Top of Page

Cae

2408 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2021 :  13:32:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
boyfriend unable to get petrol where he lives in Cardiff
Go to Top of Page

darole

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2021 :  13:48:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It all stems from lack of belief in the current government, I find it almost impossible to believe any thing they .
Go to Top of Page

milkman

United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2021 :  14:32:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
darole, I must disagree, I find the British impossible to fathom (NOW)
We had the run on toilet rolls, sugar, I believe and now fuel.
It is amazing- I have a female friend who does small mileages and whose tank was half full.
She dashed out to fill up.
She probably has 250 miles in her tank!
Filling stations are putting prices up and who can blame them.
I truly believe that by weds the panic- merchants will all have full tanks and stations will have few sales for the next fortnight.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

929 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2021 :  15:32:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they have conditioned people to such a degree that ANYTHING that the media shows or 'reports' is believed and reacted to upon seeing.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffer

42 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2021 :  18:39:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
D.J. Holley.... you are spending too much time in the Connie!!!! Typical comment from someone who hasnít really lived.
Go to Top of Page

djholly

929 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2021 :  21:19:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been there 4 times in last year, by the way it's holly without an E. People should 'google' what a fluffer is.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffer

42 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2021 :  08:49:45 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew you would bite!
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13893 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2021 :  20:44:16 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder what the next panic buy will be with Christmas coming up, toys must be on the list somewhere.

Go to Top of Page

ddraig

United Kingdom
1702 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2021 :  11:45:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a piece on the news about a shortage of (I think it was) new Spiderman toys, I wonder if it's the "queue" gene in us that stems from the war, I remember my mother saying that someone would say there's a product in Owens's and everyone would get the coats on and queue for it never mind what it was, I suppose everything was in short supply then. I agree with Darole, I also have no faith in this government (or politicians at all) allegedly, they have lined their personal pockets well out of this crisis, I wonder what the Pandora Papers will come up with next
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.