New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  20:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Sunday 27th April, Tredegar Ironsides Ladies RFC will be presenting a feast of Ladies rugby in support of the Tredegar Town Mayor's Appeal 2008 ( Breast Cancer) beginning at 13:15 on the 'Rec' There will be a total of three games culminating in an Ironsides v Wales U20 game, plus entertainment at the clubhouse, The Bush' afterwards. Despite this being only their 3rd season the club has had two girls, Rachael Jones & Carley Powell capped by Wales this season a fantastic achievement I think you'll agree! We need as many people there as possible...

News item also posted on main news page....

Thanks for Paul for sending in the info.......

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  10:57:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Pierre for posting the above.

Unfortunately there are not many families who remain untouched in one way or another by this terrible disease, so please , please come and show your support for this so worthwhile of causes and what better way than to have some fun whilst doing it!!!

Tredegar Ironsides Ladies RFC was only formed 3 years ago as an idea over a pint and what a story it has become! Providing ladies Rugby for over 17's, the team now competes in the WRU Womens League with fixtures most Sundays,(although the weather this year has decimated the league programme)two of the team have been capped for Wales and in the running for squad selection for a tour of Canada. All this from a bunch of girls who had never even picked up a rugby ball until 3 years ago and we most not forget the huge achievement of the coaching team and backroom staff lead by Martin Edwards, without whom none of this would have been possible.

As for the Clubhouse, since 2001 we have been at 'The Bush' which we purchased as the home of Tredegar Ironsides RFC and have enjoyed some fantastic times. We are not connected in anyway to the 'tin shack' in Cefn Golau ( as it has been described elsewhere on this site), although they still have all of our memoribilia and will not let it be diplayed in it's rightful home .We are the real Tredegar Ironsides. A large amount of renovation work has been carried out during this period and I guarantee that you will not recognise the place if you haven't been there for a long time.

If any of you out there fancy a go, more information on the club and its activities can be found at:
www.tredegar-ironsides.ik.com

You will always be assured of a warm welcome at Tredgar Ironsides RFC - Heart & Soul Rugby.

Hope to see as many of you at the Rec & Clubhouse as possible, even if its raining, what's the odds of it not!. I have no doubt that you will be amazed at the standard of rugby that the girls will present.

COME ON IRONS!

Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  11:57:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PAUL
I AM A FORMER PROFFESIONAL VIDEOGRAPHER [NOW RETIRED]
CAN I OFFER MY SERVICES FREE OF CHARGE, TO RECORD THE PROCEEDINGS
IF YOU WISH YOU CAN THEN SELL THE DISCS TO THE CONTESTENTS, AND
HOPEFULLY MAKE A FEW BOB FOR THE MAYORS APPEAL [MALCOLM CROSS A FORMER RUGBY COLLEAGUE OF MINE]
Go to Top of Page

Bryan Rendell

United Kingdom
1787 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  14:36:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies and Girl's Rugby.

I can vouch that all of you who attend this event will see a marvellous spectacle of rugby.

My grand daughter is Captain of Newport u/17 girls, plays for East Wales and occasionally for Blaenau Gwent Ladies.

If you haven't seen or followed Ladies Rugby you are in for a pleasant surprise - no quarter is given or taken. It is more entertaining that watching boys and men play.

My cousin and her daughter both died from Breast Cancer, and another daughter had a cancerous lump removed.

As a ex - Tredegar man now living in Chepstow I would urge all of you who log onto this site to come and support the Ladies and Girls in their endeavour to raise funds for Tredegar Mayor's Breast Cancer Appeal
Go to Top of Page

morris1975

United Kingdom
1286 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  18:12:10 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be a great way to fundraise for a very needy cause. I like watching ladies play tennis but rugby - no thanks.
Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  08:40:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shadrack - What a great idea! Would certainly like to take you up on the offer, contact me via paul.g.woodward@bt.com so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  21:35:49 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PAULW

GLAD TO BE OF ASSISTANCE, OF ALL THE SPORTING EVENTS I HAVE COVERED OVER MANY YEARS I HAVE NEVER FILMED A WOMENS RUGBY MATCH, SO IT WILL BE A FIRST FOR ME.
PAUL CAN YOU E MAIL ME YOUR TEL NO AND OR ADDRESS SO WE CAN MAKE ARRANGEMENTS,
I LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT DAY

SHADRACK [GLYN WALTERS 01495-301363]
Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  08:50:48 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shadrack - sent e-mail if not received let me know.
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  10:06:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paulw.

Did you get my e-mail ?

Rgds,

Pierre

www.Bath-in-a-field.co.uk

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk - alcoholics go to meetings"
Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  10:19:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pierre -if it was the one saying that you would get back to me regarding my forum idea then yes
Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2008 :  18:41:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paulw
i will be at the rec at 12.30 ready to set up in the stands
if you could arrange with your man on the tannoy to periodically announce all three games are being videod
and dvd discs will be available to the general public, i think if you keep the price down you and the mayors appeal
will do rather well. see you sunday
regards shadrack
Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2008 :  07:04:15 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See you there!

Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  12:18:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well what a fantastic day we had, managing to raise nearly 400 with more to come (hopefully) fromm sales of the 3 DVDs that will be on sale shortly. Can I take this opportunity on behalf of everyone at the club to thank greatnor,Jeff and Lindsey for helping out with kitchen & gatekeeping duties, the Ladies Committee for providing a fantastic buffet for all of the teams at the Club House afterwards and to Shadrack (Glyn) for filming the whole event. I would hope that we could repeat the day again sometime next season so that those of you who were not able to make it yesterday will having another chance to see what the women's game is all about. I know a few old gnarled rugby boys were shaking their heads in disbelief at the skill levels and committment that all of the teams at all ages displayed yesterday. Don't miss the next one!!!

Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  16:45:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dead right paulw
it was a fantastic afternoon and as a former rugby player myself i was dumbfounded at the quality rugby i have recorded for posterity
great angles of running, cleverly weighted passes, off the ball running, superb support play,the afternoon had it all.
congratulations to the coaches for achieving what i for one thought was impossible. Lets make it an annual event, with even better supportnext year
Well done girls and tredegar ironsides rugby club
Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  17:29:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
paulw

the remaining two discs of the games featuring rtb ebbw vave v neath, and the senior game,
tredegar ironsides v neath, are ready for you. I can deliver to the clubhouse possibly on wed night
unless you would prefer to collect.
I am very pleased with the quality, and wish you well in your sales to boost the mayors appeal
shadrack
Go to Top of Page

paulw

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  09:49:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shadrack

I'll be in the club tonight ( Wednesday 7th May) for a series of meetings beginning at 7:00, so if you could drop them off that would be great. But if not I'll come and pick them up when convenient for you.

Tredegar Ironsides News
Go to Top of Page

shadrack

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  12:22:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok paulw
no problems
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.