Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  19:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Webmaster Blog - 17 April 2008
"Yes, but will they stay?"

The forum of late on the www.Tredegar.co.uk website has been full of political debate as you could expect with only a few weeks to go before the local elections are held here in Tredegar.

Several strong characters have been using the site as a platform where they can be directly judged by the voters of the town.
Well done all…….

We have seen new members join on a daily basis, some promoting their own held political view, and others not.

Several long established members of the forum were politically active here in Tredegar have stopped posting. One cannot help but wondering why this is the case?

Now for the other members that have joined and are actively campaigning here on the forum (and we welcome all views, and indeed I would like to thank you all personally for sharing your views of a “better” Tredegar with the rest of us…) will they stay on after the elections on 1st May 2008, or will their concerns of what we think of them diminish for another 3 3/4 years?

Where were all these people from all the political parties three months ago for example ?

Time will tell……

sean

1117 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  23:53:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't think any of them have put forward a proper case. i'd like to see proper policies put forward. anyone can say vote for me i'll improve things.

local elections are also tied up with national party policies and it looks like they are all ignoring those. i'd like candidates to say how they and their party will achive what is stated in the various manifestos.

it would be nice if some of them had read through the various issues raised by people on this forum and took those issues as a basis to make some concrete proposals to us.

as an example. there have been various posts about under age drinking and anti social behaviour. this seems to be a problem all over tredegar. how will the various candidates stop this happening and make sure the police do something about it. and if they can't do anything tell us now. or promise to resign if they find they can't do anything in the future.

second example. bedwellty house and park. as we know BG are looking after it for us tredegar folk and it is going to be restored using outside money. how will the candidates ensure that tredegar people can make use of the park and house as was originally intended?

there are other examples, just read the forums.

regards

sean
Go to Top of Page

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  22:20:37 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Q. Yes, but will they stay?

A. "No". Well its no apart from one long standing member of the Blaenau Gwent Council Mr. Hayden Trollope (forum member councilor), who was a member of the forum long before the election, and I for one thank him for his continued input into the forum, and all his hard work in the community.

Now for the others (3 or 4 of them off the top of my head) that shall remain nameless that just used the forum for electioneering purposes and then left without a trace. This post will still be viewable in 4 years come the next election time when they will try (maybe) to get elected.

Will the welcome mat be down for these people ?

Answers on a postcard please,

Pierre
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.