Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 On-Line Poll
 Gwent Councilors get a basis salary of just .....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So 60% of the people that voted in this poll (149 people voted), think that paying a Councilor the basic 12,000 per year, are not worth it.

Comments you posted can be seen below....

Edited by - System Poll Poster on 06/12/2008 14:08:57

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:08:38 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pay them for results !
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:09:14 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what happened to do for there community and Not for the financial side of it, most of them work; perhaps they should fetch a "pay as you work" system make them earn it perhaps they would then gain more respect & loyality from people.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:09:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12,000 for what?!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:10:28 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more they are paid, the more parasitic sucking leeches will join! we have still not recovered from the last recession, still poor employment prospects and pay for locals. what have they done?
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:11:00 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not the ones we got there now anyway
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:11:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not bad considering the amount of work they do. Should be less in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:12:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they do an absolutely dreadful job, it makes me sick to the core of the corrupt lot that they are !
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:13:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the total income,including benefits and not just salary
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:13:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are volunteers why pay them a salary, i agree with any expenses incurred
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:14:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get rid of the council, they do nothing for the town, er sorry they cost us more in council tax than the other towns!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:15:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there should be a sealing of 21000 including meetings and all expenses
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:16:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are not worth because there is nothing in tredegar
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:16:43 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is nothing in tredegar so they are not worth the money they are paid.
Bring a cinema to tredegar
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:17:24 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they earn it pay it if not get rid of them.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:18:04 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A debarcle! The Members of Tredegar Town Council, are inept at everything, and expect local organisations to help them out!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:18:39 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what have done ,to get well know names into the town. The town is slowly crumbling away,be in business here 25 years not 1 councilor has come over my doorstep,to see how i am etc etc
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:19:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they don't do nothing for tredegar anything that needs fixing they leave it to the residents
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:19:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thinking they are not worth it because i was crossing the road the one day and i happened to see a council car coming down the road, when the van had passed me i had realised that the man in it was on the mobile phone whilst he was driving at a quite busy road!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:20:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
save monwell hankinson before they close it down
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:21:13 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just see what they dont do look at the state of the town and our roads.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:21:53 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They probably get just as much on expenses as well!!!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:22:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pay them on performance, more they do for this area the more they get paid. oh well! they won''t get much then!!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:23:08 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i live in the ashvale area and as far as i am concerned the councilors for my ward don't deserve anything because nothing seems to be being done about all the drugs in bevans ave all the speeding cars that go up north ave or the gangs of kids that roam the streets creating havoc.I think its about time that the cars were left at home and they started to walk around the area day and night and see exactly what''s going on.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:23:50 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pay them 125,000 providing they don''t use their muppet brains to make decisions
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  14:24:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Councillors should receive expenses only - this should not be treated as a full-time job. If there was no remuneration there would be a better class of councillor.Unfortunately hot air merchants end up with the task and pay lip-service to the community as a whole whilst being paid for it. Time for change - they serve no purpose and place a burden on the finances of the borough.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.