Rhyd Boys Club
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daizulu

South Africa
61 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  12:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again, does anyone remember the Rhyd Boys Football Club?

I played for them 1967-1971. At the time it was run by Cliff and Dai Bethel. What happened to them? Are they still around?

Does anyone have any photos

I can remember some of the players; Terry Jones, Wattsy, Neil Prosser, Gareth Davies, Jeff Williams ("Yash"), Dai Robinson, Anthony Andrews ("Fab"), Brian Clarke, Neil Evans ("Nelly"),"Carpy", "Red" and Cliff's son (can't remember his name).

It would be graet if other members can shine more light on this topic.

Cheers,

Daizulu

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  18:16:52 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dai Bethel died some years ago, i think Cliff Bethel is still alive and made Lifetime president of Tredegar Football Club not so long ago.

What a footballer Jeff Wiiliams was and a fantastic goalkeeper still lives in Tredegar and helps coach the young kids.
Go to Top of Page

daizulu

South Africa
61 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  04:39:54 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Oldcefnlad,

I played with "Yash" for many years both at club and International level. The last time I seen him was at Neveille Hall Hospital he took my Mum there.
I've lost contact, do you know I can contact him

Cheers

Daizulu
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  07:16:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't have a contact number but he his still a paramedic taking people to hospital.
Go to Top of Page

daizulu

South Africa
61 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  08:07:42 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any ideas how or who I should contact to get his details

Cheers

Daizulu

Edited by - daizulu on 09/03/2009 08:08:55
Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  10:43:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's based at Tredegar abulance Station you could try there.

Edited by - oldcefnlad on 09/03/2009 10:46:23
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:34:17 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daizulu

Any ideas how or who I should contact to get his details

Cheers
Daizulu

Try here Dai:-

Ambulance Liasion Service.
Nevill hall Hospital.
Brecon rd, Abergavenny. NP7 7EG.
Tel 01873732181/2
Go to Top of Page

daizulu

South Africa
61 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  14:13:26 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A big thank you guys, I've just spoken to him

Cheers

Daizulu
Go to Top of Page

Herbie

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2014 :  10:38:25 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Daizulu,

This is an old thread so I hope you will receive this. You're not Dai Neale are you as the only players who played for the Rhyd and went on to represent Wales was Dai Neale and Yash aka Jeff Williams. Yash went on to sign for Cardiff as a school boy but did not stay long with them. I captained the side during those dates. Can you remember playing Cardiff City at the rec? It would be good to hear from you.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

621 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2014 :  15:27:33 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was reading this post I was also thinking David Neale .David was in my year in the comp ,as was the other boys mentioned Jeff Williams Dai Rob Neil Evans who sadly passed away .Tony Andrews Phillip Watts
Go to Top of Page

Herbie

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2014 :  15:34:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shell you've knocked me sideways about Nelly Evans. When did he pass away? We were all in that year I used to knock around with Dai Rob, Fab, Nelly after we played football on a Saturday. Nelly was big into his music as I recall.
Go to Top of Page

ShelleyW
Advanced Member

621 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2014 :  15:42:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Herbie Nelly passed away more than ten years ago .very sad .a real character always lots of good party's when Neil was around .good times
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.