New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The question asked was:

What increase would you be happy paying Tredegar and Blaenau Gwent Councils via your Council Tax from April this year. Inflation is currently 3.1% How much increase in Council Tax are you happy with ?

And we now now that Blaenau-Gwent Council had a 4.9%
and Tredegar Town Council had a 5% Increase.

Over 90% of the people wanted 3.5% or lower.

When the both sets of Councilors (?) come knocking on your door in 2 years time, thanks them.

Some of your comments can be found below....

Edited by - System Poll Poster on 12/04/2009 22:21:06

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:21:56 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upto 3.1 is fair. No jobs now, so who can pay the increase anyway ?
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:23:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lets worm out what we do not need and make it a bit cheaper to live in this town
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:24:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the council should be able to manage --why do we have two councils to run tredegar? same income as we all have to
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:24:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be based on how good a job they do not just a fixed amount.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:25:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We pay far too much and very rarely get anything good done with our money. We want some affirmative action in this town!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:26:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unfortunatly we end up paying very high council tax''s for an area which has never recovered from the last recession. although I have seen the town go through some changes, but in comparison to other area''s we seem to be ploughing cash into a slick council ''click'' whose only aim is to feather their own nests. The government has, I am afraid to say it handed people within these organisation mislaid and corrupt power. They don''t even have the ball''s to answer simple question''s put to them without seeking legal advice, smell''s very fishy to me I''m afraid.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:27:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please separate out Tredegar and Blaenau Gwent in your poll. They are very, very different entities charged with very, very different roles and responsibilities ..
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:28:05 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it should never be above inflation. I fail to see where all the money is being spent.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:28:41 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or less as we are getting less we should pay less............
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:29:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only if i saw decent services in return!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  22:29:55 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not the current rate of inflation? What extras would we get for the extra .4% - think I know the answer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.