New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SofiWatson

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  17:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I would like to know if someone knows about the street Upper Salisbury Street in Tredegar. My husband is planing to move near the town center of Tredegar and he just found out two houses two let in the same street and when he contacted the state agent he said that he didn't recommend anybody to leave in that area as it was a bad one. I just want to ask if anybody of you knows well the area itself, becuase as my husband will be living by his own (i will be away for 4 months), he wants to know if the area is safe enough to live for a single person or is a trouble one. He just been dealing with some health issues, but now thought moving somewhere close to the town center will be good for he as a start.

Thanks for your comments.

Sofi

Sofi Watson

pierre
Webmaster

United Kingdom
13780 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  22:33:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sofi,

I'm sure somebody will comment on the area in question, and please see below for some photo's of the street.

Go to Top of Page

oldcefnlad
Advanced Member

655 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  08:18:47 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About 5 years ago a lot of the local crack heads lived in the flats in and around upper salisbury st...it has improved a lot since then but if you are of a nervous dispostion or want to live in peace and quiet perhaps upper salisbury st is not the best place.
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  10:13:11 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of the biggist drug dealers in tredegar still lives near there, and hes a bit of part time house breaker, i would look for something a bit better, something always seemed a bit fishy to me about that street
Go to Top of Page

aussiewelshman
Retired Webteam Member

New SOUTH WALES
23652 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  10:50:21 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

SofiWatson

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2009 :  14:11:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for your comments here, they were very useful. I already passed the information to my husband and definitely is not the most promising to live in a area surrounding by drug dealers. That is the thing that will put me off the most. We had the information regarding someone broke into a house in that street and as it was an empty one, the thugs took the radiator and others, probably the druggie people. That info was passed by the estate agent as he seems to know well the area.
For a change now we look for a flat located in the commercial street, just in the front of the bank lane, where the main bus stop is. Hopefully that is a better area to live.

THanks a lot.

Sofi Watson
Go to Top of Page

xtype
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
356 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  18:13:46 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they are the flats owned by j harrison i think you will find them good, and you will find that you will be better off by there,
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:55:29 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont persoanlly think there is any wrong with living in Salisbury Street, upper or lower.

there are break ins every where and strange people live everywhere.

i persoanlly tink the street is ok and safe to live in.

i have and would live there again.

there are privatlry bought houses with very respectable families living in them and children of all ages.

i wouldnt rule it out
Go to Top of Page

GOM

United Kingdom
3786 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  14:09:34 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems some of us have a higher standard of expectation of the quality of life we like to live in than do some others. Is it any wonder little gets done to improve Tredegar what it seems well its ok realy but then again I dont live there and although id live there again Im not going to.

Bit like Gordon Brown when he sees sence and departs no 10 and going back to his mum and dads house where he grew up.

The G.O.M. as ever with the comments that seem to upset HO HUM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.