New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daleks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
479 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  00:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the wife to see Dr.Khan on Monday and it was strange to see the empty dais upon which Nye's bust rested for many years. Why did the stupid b******s in the surgery let them take it from there ? Then lo and behold Dr. Khan sent the wife today over to the new Ysbyty Aneurin Bevan in our regional capital and after getting soaked in the rain walking the considerable distance from the car park to the out-patients reception why on earth didn't they design the reception area to be closer to the car park or vice versa ? On arrival at reception we were directed to the x-ray department and on proceeding there - there it was !! - our beloved stolen Nye's bust in a large glass showcase along with other paraphenalia including old photographs of both the General and St. James Hospitals no doubt also taken from premises in Tredegar. All I can say it's a good job the Town Clock is well bolted down otherwise that would have ended up over there as well. The other thing that stood out to me as being confusing is that all the external and internal direction signs were bi-lingual with the welsh above the english in small lettering. Now I'm by far not an anti-welsh language activist but this is a complete reversal of the welsh language policy adopted elsewhere in the borough by BGCBC since english is the predominant language spoken in Blaenau Gwent by about 97% of the indiginous population. Just look for yourselves at the road traffic direction signs everywhere else in the vicinity.There appears to be an inconsistency here by the planners.What is the Town Council doing to retrieve Nye's bust ? - nothing I suspect since they are toothless in these matters but I live in hope.

Edited by - Daleks on 09/06/2011 00:24:38

fork_in_hell
Advanced Member

246 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  09:27:36 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tredegar.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8030

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.