Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Guestbook
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tredegar
 On-Line Poll
 Would you be happy with windfarms in Tredegar?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Please see your comments below......

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:53:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need to know more about them. Will we get cheaper electric ? Can you hear them ?
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:53:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of sight is not always possible but with good planing they can be exceptable ,and far better than some of the options

Edited by - System Poll Poster on 24/11/2011 21:54:40
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:55:18 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think they would be best along the heads of valley between Rhymney and Dowlas top....windy and no houses
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:55:58 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why not?
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:56:35 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Green energy is adding 30 to our fuel bills
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:57:20 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windmills are hopelessly unreliable. They can't generate electricity if the wind isn't strong enough, and have to be turned off if it's too strong.
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:57:51 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like the sound of that to have windfarms
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:58:27 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woefully inefficient !!
Go to Top of Page

System Poll Poster
Advanced Member

197 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2011 :  21:58:57 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
waste of money,one big con.
Go to Top of Page

ken sully
Advanced Member

324 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  13:44:09 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as the poll said lets have them

kdsullivan
Go to Top of Page

Supercal

United Kingdom
72 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  23:18:22 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are OK in my opinion, providing there are signs on them warning the birds to avoid them. I have a weathervane on top of my garden shed which twists to face the wind from whichever way it is blowing.The windmills seem to be concreted in one direction however. How do they know when they build them from which direction the wind will be coming? It's a mystery all right.

D. Jones
Go to Top of Page

silverback
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  15:51:06 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you go past this wind farm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeQU7iOmgQ

s.b.
Go to Top of Page

silverback
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  16:20:44 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what happened in the last post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBT7tr86o8I&feature=related

s.b.
Go to Top of Page

tarkus

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  17:37:01 Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercal

They are OK in my opinion, providing there are signs on them warning the birds to avoid them. I have a weathervane on top of my garden shed which twists to face the wind from whichever way it is blowing.The windmills seem to be concreted in one direction however. How do they know when they build them from which direction the wind will be coming? It's a mystery all right.

D. Jones

The one up the rasau rotates to the direction of the wind

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tredegar Forum © www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.63 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Daily Featured Picture

Click for large image.

Daily Featured Video

Click for video.

Terms Of Use
Forum Content is user generated and not monitored. Please see Disclaimer & Privacy Policy
NewsAbout Us - Site Map - Forums - Town Clock - History  - WelshMultimedia - I-Community - Gallery - RSS Feeds
Contact Webmaster   -   Contact WebTeam  -  Where Is Tredegar ?
Opinions expressed are not necessary the same as the Owner / Webmaster / Webteam
All Contents (c) www.Tredegar.co.uk Ltd, except where indicated.